26 Hours with the LavaTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
BUILD QUALITY:

The build is solid. The black paint seems to hold up well, no speckling as some have mentioned. The red LavaTube moniker will be gone in about two or three weeks. Seems to be rubbing off already. All of the buttons are springy and react immeadiately when pushed. I like the audible click of the vape button. The LCD screen is easily readable. The 510 connection has no movement or play. I did notice that my madvape cartomizers move just a little in the threads, with no impact on performance. I can in fact tighten them down all the way, but they get hard to turn, so there is a 1 or 2 millimeter gap between the bottom of the carto and the 510 connection. I only have this gap because I am worried about going to tight. The battery cap fits perfectly and there is no problem putting it on or removing it. I have dropped it once on the wood floor in the house, nothing to note here.

BATTERY

The battery is a flat top 18650, hard to find on line. I have seen video's and posts that say the nipple top AW batteries work just fine. I have no doubt they will as there seems to be plenty of room for the nipple. I ordered one and will add that after I recieve it. Battery life seems to be pretty good. I have been chain vaping for the purpose of killing the battery and it died at the 26 hour mark. To be fair, i constantly did the seven click voltage check about every half hour or so and I only slept 6 hours. You all can do the math lol. So it is charging now. I would think three days under normal use.

PERFORMANCE:

INCLUDED ATTY:
Works great. Played with the voltage quite a bit and you can blow your head off at higher voltages. I did notice the taste of my V4L ejuice shined using this atty. 5.0-5.5 volts seems to be the sweet spot for this atty. Great throat hit and vapor and I can really taste the flavor of the juice.

1.5oHm Madvape Cartomizers: I love these on my inferno and they are even better on the LavaTube. Sorry I don't have my 2.5oHm carto's yet. The 1.5's are great at 3.8 Volts. Great throat hit, vapor and I can really taste the flavor of the juice. I did crank the voltage up to 6.0 to see if i could blow one of the 1.5oHm cartos, worked just like it was set at 3.8, so yes the safety feature works.

EASE OF USE

You don't need a degree in rocket science to use this. Push the plus button, your voltage goes up. Push the minus button the voltage goes down. Hold both the + and - buttons down, wait for the LCD screen to flash and it locks the voltage. Hold them down again until the LCD screen flashes and you can adjust the voltage again. Hold down the power button and it turns on. Hold it down again and it turns off. Click the power button 7 times and the LCD screen shows the voltage left in the battery. Super easy period.

My Final Thoughts: This is my first mod and I absolutely love this thing. You sure can't beat it for the price. I works as advertised and then some. The case is nice and fits everything I need if i take it out with me when i am running around. I wanted something like the provari, but couldn't justify the expense. This fits the bill for me and like I said I love it and Volcano has never disppointed me.

I hope this helps

Rob

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Good Review, Rob! I'm almost sold on the Lavatube. I've looked at the Provari and balk at $160 for an ecig, especially when my Madvapes cheapo (but good) vv box mod at $35 does what I want easily.

I agree that technology makes the higher priced mods attractive. The Lavatube just may be what I've been looking for,

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
IMAG0016.jpg I still really enjoy the LavaTube. I get the concerns about size, so I put it next to my inferno for referance. I use the LavaTube at home and at work. I carry my Inferno when we are out and about.

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
Many of us in Canada have had ours for almost 2 months now and there are no issues at all, just happy vapers :)

I might add that the Lava Tube will remember your set voltage when you replace the batteries, providing its done within 10 seconds.

This is going to steal the provari market for most, especially when the chrome version with blue LED is released !

I love mine !

Neon

Last edited:

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
My Provari remembers my voltage if i leave the battery out...
Many of us in Canada have had ours for almost 2 months now and there are no issues at all, just happy vapers :)

I might add that the Lava Tube will remember your set voltage when you replace the batteries, providing its done within 10 seconds. Thats a feature the Provari does not have and is very convinient as opposed to clicking 83 times to get back to your previous set up.

This is going to steal the provari market for most, especially when the chrome version with blue LED is released !

I love mine !

Neon

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
I was able to get on Volcano the preorder list. They should be available in the next week or so. Hopefully Joe will give us an update soon.

Thank you rob !! I can not afford anything till after Christmas, but wanted to know where to look...LoL From your review it looks to be a great device !

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
I like mine too, battery lasts me all day til i get home, i have got some speckling on the tube, but that's because i take it out and abuse it every day, my own fault :D

Works perfectly as described, and the price is very fair for a vv mod. I will be getting a silver one too when they come out.

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
One of the big factors for me was price, I wanted something easy to adjust voltage on. I still use my 1.5 ohm carto's, so it works with all my other gear. I did order some higher resitance carto's, but it isn't required. I would make sure you get an extra battery because they do seem to take forever to charge. At 100 bucks, you can't beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread