Aluminum bottom feeder box mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Hey guys, I'm also looking for a bottom feeder, new to them, never tried one.

In fact I haven't started a thread on here yet because of the reoluminati.. LOL

I've read a handful of threads where users are asking for bottom feeders that aren't reo's because they don't like the look, and they just get pummeled with buy the reo, it's the best... well that's not what the OP said, no offence.

Personally, it seems like I walked into a room where everyone's drinking the cool-aid and telling you how good it is, but too me it just tastes like $h!t.

It's obviously a tank, and built well because you've told me so... over and over. I'm assuming its the hummer of bottom feeders. But I'll be honest with you, I think it looks like crap, and no matter how well it performs, I don't want to carry around a mod that looks like my son painted it in the garage. Sorry if this offends, that's just how I see this mod.

It must really perform well to make up for it's looks, but I'm still not interested.

I've found the AB by aero aluminum bottom feed system which looks very nice, but very expensive for a shell of aluminum, may have to eventually pull the trigger on this one if I don't find something,

and I found a system that turns your provari into a feeder which is kinda cool, but I think I want something smaller.

I like the look and size of the vmod 2.0 and XL, and at that price I could buy both, although I hear both sides (both extremes I should say), that it complete crap, and that its great.... <shrug>

Any other mods you guys know of? I think I'm like a previous poster... I might just wait until someone builds something that I like.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Hard to find reviews on any of them... looking at the AB and the Yasu75... can't figure which one I want... they both have pretty unique attributes.

The Yasu can be used as a standalone mechanical mod, or bottom feeder and looks pretty classy...

the AB has the Integrated electronics and a sleek understated look...

hmmmm

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Not big on the clunky look of a lot of these mods.

I love wood mods (e.g. Freight Train Mod Pipes, touchwoods, senior mods woody atty... etc)...

I just find all of the wood bottom feeders to be different variations of clunky looking boxes or shop class projects with varying degrees of quality finishes.

Just painfully read a so so wright up via google translate for the vinci mod (I believe is the predecessor of the win??? or maybe the other way around)... good and bad...

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
I think you will like the VMod, I've been using an xl for 2 months now & love it. I also modded it to my liking with an rba & wood shell.

1104132024.jpg 1103132311b.jpg 1103132311a.jpg 1013132005a.jpg 1013132004.jpg

BTW, the amg hybrid atties at 2 ohms are awesome!:vapor:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
^ from what I have been reading, bogger box mods appears to have stopped shipping mods (but still taking money / orders) Here are several threads I've seen on it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487577
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311635
Note, that ^ is a long thread and you have to page thru to the last several pages where the allegations begin and the supplier is no responsive.

It appears that they are no longer a registered supplier on ECF either.

Last edited:

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Not to be a bug, I appreciate everyone's input, but the whole thread here is aluminum box mods

OP
Other than the REO, who makes aluminum box mods? 18650, doesn't need to be vv (might be nice though) Not looking for wooden ones...not my thing.

That's also what interested me in this thread... I also want an aluminum box mod other than reo. Every thread I read along these lines the majority of the answers are... just get a reo (I don't want a reo... they look like my kid made them) or what about these wooden mods (I don't want a wooden mod, although if I had to get one, the boggers are nice)

Just my 2 cents, but the problem with getting off OP is that when a newer member like myself opens a thread that's 200 posts long and is willing to read it to get what he wants (and aluminum box mod that's not a reo), he has to read about 50% of the thread that is reo/wood related. :(

popcornplaya.. I like the fourth one down :)

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Hey Johnnysb,

Ya, I made up my mind,

Actually I had the unit in my cart ready to buy, just filling out my shipping info when a user sent me a discount code for the vmod..

I was going to buy the AB by aero from the link below (cheapest place I found even $40 cheaper than from the US before shipping)
AEROVAPES MODS & ATOMIZERS :: AEROVAPES MODS :: AEROVAPES AB BOTTOM FEEDER MOD 18650 - Funstore.gr the fun side of shopping!

It seems like the best mod for me, and is smaller than the itaste VTR (even after the reo thread guys told me it was bigger than a walki talki, lol)

Also, I like the idea of the electronics in it... full protection regulated power, option to turn off and make full mechanical, battery low indication.. etc.. etc.. you can read all about it on their site: Aero Vapes | AB by aero, the aluminum bottom feed system

Again, about to buy, but got a 30% off discount code for a vmod which made it like $50 for the 2.0 model which is much smaller than the above mod. Hard to say no to a $50 mod that looks that nice and is so portable.

I didn't finish my AB purchase (would have been around $175 US shipped)

I figure I'll check out what all the fuss about bottom feeders is about and If It's the next must have thing for me in vaping then I'll buy the AB. Plus their two different sizes and the vmod is so cheap I'll just use it for camping and vaping while bungee jumping :)

Funny because the PM came just in time, just about to hit submit.. lol, now I'm using the money to buy another mod which I can't decide on

JM16 14500 Brass Edition vs. SvoeMesto Semovar... I'm addicted to buying vaping gear.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
AB by Aero looks pretty damn nice, and so does the SUNBOX. Other than that there's none else that has caught my eye. They look sturdy and have the ergonomics you are looking for. They need to hit the markets harder so there's not much of a shadow around them, I'd love to see them more out there.

Also, I find your descriptions of wooden BFs and the REO rather comical. Made by a kid...lol, a flawless paint job and clean design, and the variety of wooden BFs are beautiful. You sure have a peculiar eye my friend, I'm glad the people around me gasp in awe instead of what you described :D

Pstt, when I had my satin black provari with its extension cap on, they gasped alright, but not exactly in awe if you catch my drift :lol:

Last edited:

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
AB by Aero looks pretty damn nice, and so does the SUNBOX. Other than that there's none else that has caught my eye. They look sturdy and have the ergonomics you are looking for. They need to hit the markets harder so there's not much of a shadow around them, I'd love to see them more out there.

Also, I find your descriptions of wooden BFs and the REO rather comical. Made by a kid...lol, a flawless paint job and clean design, and the variety of wooden BFs are beautiful. You sure have a peculiar eye my friend, I'm glad the people around me gasp in awe instead of what you described :D

Pstt, when I had my satin black provari with its extension cap on, they gasped alright, but not exactly in awe if you catch my drift :lol:

Hey jcalis,

I'm sorry, but these just look like something from the 90's. The design is not great, it looks like it was tac welded and ground down, and the paint is how we used to spray speaker boxes 20 years ago LINK.

The mods could be the greatest thing since slice bread, but it really needs an industrial designer to once over the box and mill/cast them. I can't speak for the quality of the paint, but usually companies in our industry that spray things with speckle do so to hide imperfections.

there are so many beautiful finishes/coatings available today, even anodizing them in standard colours would improve the look as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, the industry as a whole needs some good design, I guess because it's so new

Anyways, just my opinion which is only worth 2 cents, and since our government did away with the penny (rounding to the nearest .05) my opinion isn't worth anything anymore. Maybe I'll find out that BF's are the cats bum and eventually buy a reo and tell everyone how I converted.

vape on friend.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Hey jcalis,

I'm sorry, but these just look like something from the 90's. The design is not great, it looks like it was tac welded and ground down, and the paint is how we used to spray speaker boxes 20 years ago LINK.

The mods could be the greatest thing since slice bread, but it really needs an industrial designer to once over the box and mill/cast them. I can't speak for the quality of the paint, but usually companies in our industry that spray things with speckle do so to hide imperfections.

there are so many beautiful finishes/coatings available today, even anodizing them in standard colours would improve the look as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, the industry as a whole needs some good design, I guess because it's so new

Anyways, just my opinion which is only worth 2 cents, and since our government did away with the penny (rounding to the nearest .05) my opinion isn't worth anything anymore. Maybe I'll find out that BF's are the cats bum and eventually buy a reo and tell everyone how I converted.

vape on friend.
Well, we all have our personal preferences regarding designs and colors. It was intriguing as you are the first person to ever criticize the wooden BFs and the REOs in the comical way you did. The vast majority loves wooden BFs specially combining exotic woods, and even though I can't say the vast majority *loves* the look of the REOs, I'd say they like it (Don't cite me there, I'm just basing that on not seeing a single thread debating its looks and rather complementing that "little box" :D) To me at least, they look excellent and easy to mod. They are simple looking, and fit my needs as I'd rather not roll around with something that pops out. (My Mini can barely be seen when I vape it but the cloud gives me away)

Bottom feeders are epic, the end game for me and I hope you enjoy getting your feet wet into BFs.

Actually I'm fairly interested in hearing your opinion on the AB Aero if you get it. These new BFs look solid but it's a pain that not much word is out on them. Be sure to let us know how you like it, it'll be nice to see a review on these new guys. My answer to vaping was a REO, yours might not be it, but if it ends up being one of these fairly new bottom feeders, I'd love some pics and a good review on them.

Last edited:

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
It's not that I don't like/appreciate wood mods,,, I love the touchwoods, my freight train mods poker pipe and have my eye on plenty of wood pipe mods, it's just the boxee look I'm not fond of. I can appreciate the craftsmanship, especially ones with inlaid wood, just a little too boxee for me, a little to "HomeMade" looking.

The reo's still look like something made to collect donations though :)

It's not that I'm looking for something flashy, I prefer understated and small mods like the microstick and te 14500 mods, that's why the vmod 2.0 appealed to me, nice and small for the pockets, although it won't stop a bullet, and can't be used as a tire chalk, which speaks for it's ruggedness and build quality as much as it does for it's looks :)

Not much info on the AB, in fact a lot of people want more info on it... just might grab it to do an in depth review.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Well, we all have our personal preferences regarding designs and colors. It was intriguing as you are the first person to ever criticize the wooden BFs and the REOs in the comical way you did. The vast majority loves wooden BFs specially combining exotic woods, and even though I can't say the vast majority *loves* the look of the REOs, I'd say they like it (Don't cite me there, I'm just basing that on not seeing a single thread debating its looks and rather complementing that "little box" :D) To me at least, they look excellent and easy to mod. They are simple looking, and fit my needs as I'd rather not roll around with something that pops out. (My Mini can barely be seen when I vape it but the cloud gives me away)

Bottom feeders are epic, the end game for me and I hope you enjoy getting your feet wet into BFs.

Actually I'm fairly interested in hearing your opinion on the AB Aero if you get it. These new BFs look solid but it's a pain that not much word is out on them. Be sure to let us know how you like it, it'll be nice to see a review on these new guys. My answer to vaping was a REO, yours might not be it, but if it ends up being one of these fairly new bottom feeders, I'd love some pics and a good review on them.

You my friend, need to read some threads other then the ones over in Reoville. In my almost 3 yrs here on this forum have seen plenty of people that don't care for the look, feel, and vape of that "little box"....

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
While we're on the topic of Wooden Box Mods BF's (even though I wanted to stay away from that, this is important)

I've read some threads of the Bogger Box Mods site still accepting payment even though the owner seems to have abandoned the business with official complaints of fraud and outstanding shipments etc...

Bad news, search the forum for more info, just a warning that the site is still up and accepting payment, don't get scammed.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
While we're on the topic of Wooden Box Mods BF's (even though I wanted to stay away from that, this is important)

I've read some threads of the Bogger Box Mods site still accepting payment even though the owner seems to have abandoned the business with official complaints of fraud and outstanding shipments etc...

Bad news, search the forum for more info, just a warning that the site is still up and accepting payment, don't get scammed.
I'm thankful I didn't pull the trigger on one, given how things turned out. They looked pretty good and the DNA20 doesn't hurt. A sad turn of events.

Gotcha. The SUNBOX has a bit of shape and the AB Aero has cool ergonomics. I understand your point. If you get either, again, let us know about it. Some light on these BFs might help them and the BF market grow a bit more, or at least offer more options.

You my friend, need to read some threads other then the ones over in Reoville. In my almost 3 yrs here on this forum have seen plenty of people that don't care for the look, feel, and vape of that "little box"....
Feel free to enlighten me and post me some links then. Or don't, you've already shown in the past the lack of understanding and comprehension in reading posts and the blind hate against groups like Provari and REO fans (can't love your VMod the same way we love our REOs? That's a you issue, I know plenty of people praise the VMod like we praise our REOs). So please, I'd appreciate you not putting your personal issues on me. Thanks :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Feel free to enlighten me and post me some links then. Or don't, you've already shown in the past the lack of understanding and comprehension in reading posts and the blind hate against groups like Provari and REO fans (can't love your VMod the same way we love our REOs? That's a you issue, I know plenty of people praise the VMod like we praise our REOs). So please, I'd appreciate you not putting your personal issues on me. Thanks :)

No personal issues to put on anyone from me... I was just suggesting you go and read threads that aren't posted in the REO forum and you will find plenty of posts over the last 3 years that I know of, where people don't care for either APV. As for the biggest complaints about the REO that come to mind that I have seen posted, (and I could go through some old threads and post examples), is price and form factor. A lot of people don't care for the squareness of the REO's. To each his own as I have always said. Just don't care for the fan bases from either APV myself... And that is the biggest factor that turns me off to their products...

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
No personal issues to put on anyone from me... I was just suggesting you go and read threads that aren't posted in the REO forum and you will find plenty of posts over the last 3 years that I know of, where people don't care for either APV. As for the biggest complaints about the REO that come to mind that I have seen posted, (and I could go through some old threads and post examples), is price and form factor. A lot of people don't care for the squareness of the REO's. To each his own as I have always said. Just don't care for the fan bases from either APV myself... And that is the biggest factor that turns me off to their products...
It's a dead argument, you dislike their fan bases and thus will talk about the product and said fanbase in such manner it will irritate them, and that'll be reciprocal. I'm more interested in this year rather than 3 years ago, as it is now when we are starting to expand into conductivity, sub ohms, mechs and RBA/RDAs in such a fast and in-depth manner. The biggest flaw in REO regarding functionality was conductivity (voltage drop which is being worked on). That is the single most important factor in mechanical mods along with durability, hence why all my REOs are modded until their own sub ohm kit comes out. (Vdrop is critical in sub ohms and battery life).

Design is a give and take, each will see it in their own way just as WidowsSon described them in his own way. Price is debatable on every PV. I don't have a problem with you disliking the REO, you have found your vaping nirvana and whether it had been with a REO, Provari, $20 fasttech clone, or eGo twist, in the end all that matters is you found yours. I still vape off many different setups from time to time, even minicigs with LR cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread