Another 510 Atomizer Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanRP

Jan 18, 2010
MA
....to add to the list. My original Atty's that came with my kit 7 to 8 weeks ago were wonderful, now I've bought 3 brand new ones, switched them in, and I'm getting the same issues as many others. No throat hit, no red coils, barely any vapor. I haven't changed anything (fluid, cleaning habits, draw) aside from the atty's and it's killing the experience for me. I really hope who ever is manufacturing these things is looking into the possibility of a bad batch.

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
Relative noob question: I just got an SB from Altsmoke (my first high voltage device), and I'm frying 510 atties like crazy. I've also noticed that some will not fit the device at all, but the ones that will are getting fried like a chicken at an Atlanta picnic, whether I use the 3.7V UltraFire that came with it or with two protected 3.7V 750 mAh AWs . Is there a 510 atty that works particularly well on the SB. Should I use HV 510 atties, and will they fit the SB's seemingly finicky threads?

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lots of people say don't do a dry burn,but I do it to all my new attys & most of my issues have gone away; little or no vapor,bad taste,etc. I've even revived some that I thought were dead.

Here's a twist, I blow in the atty while I'm doing the dry burn. If the element doesn't cherry up, then it's dead. This is like blowing on a fire,it seems to get hotter. I even had a burning ember fly out of one atty.

Again, lots will say don't do this,but if it's not working,you have nothing to lose.

good luck,
NB

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Relative noob question: I just got an SB from Altsmoke (my first high voltage device), and I'm frying 510 atties like crazy. I've also noticed that some will not fit the device at all, but the ones that will are getting fried like a chicken at an Atlanta picnic, whether I use the 3.7V UltraFire that came with it or with two protected 3.7V 750 mAh AWs . Is there a 510 atty that works particularly well on the SB. Should I use HV 510 atties, and will they fit the SB's seemingly finicky threads?
Finicky threads? I have never found a 510 atty that didn't work on my 2 SBs....I have also never burned out an atty on my SBs.....
I use the 3.0 123s protected.
LMAO@ like a chicken at an Atlanta picnic.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Cignot is a good vendor but that doesn't mean THEY didn't get some bad attys from Joye. It's not the vendor it's the manufacturer's quality control!!

For those that have never had a problem with their Joye 510 attys, great, but how does you telling the OP that solve his problem? All it does is appear to discredit his complaint. It's just a sore spot with me because I have 11 of the suckers sitting here and have been looking for an explanation from Joye. There's another thread with 240 posts about the problem so there is no need for someone to try and tell me how to clean my attys. :cry:

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Cignot is a good vendor but that doesn't mean THEY didn't get some bad attys from Joye. It's not the vendor it's the manufacturer's quality control!!

For those that have never had a problem with their Joye 510 attys, great, but how does you telling the OP that solve his problem? All it does is appear to discredit his complaint. It's just a sore spot with me because I have 11 of the suckers sitting here and have been looking for an explanation from Joye. There's another thread with 240 posts about the problem so there is no need for someone to try and tell me how to clean my attys. :cry:

Very true. I have had good AND bad 510 attys from all kinds of vendors. They are hit or miss, it seems.
GoodDog, I love the avatar. Is that another one of your babies???

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)

It doesn't Gooddog, and I wish people wouldn't do it but its seems to be human nature to do so lol
My experience of something won't and cannot impact on yours whatever it is, and my experiences on something aren't going to CHANGE yours either. (I'm using a generic you and me btw).
Some attys are goood, some are bad. It is what it is. Joye (AND the knock off people, cos they also do some bad 'uns) need to step up and sort their quality control before someone else does imo, and they lose their market by annoying all the vendors.
As for fixing the OPs problem; no-one can fix it.
We can offer a bunch of possible solutions but your ultimate solution may just be to write it off and try again with new ones. There's no guarantees alas that a new batch will perform better. Be lying if I told ya otherwise.
I've been lucky so far with mine, but that doesn't, as Gooddog points out, help you at all :)

(I'd also like to point out that this issue isn't confined to 510s, it seems to be atomizers in general, across the board, so it may be an endemic quality control problem in these factories generally)

Last edited:

Jackson5

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Reno
Virgin poster here!

I can tell you that the best information I received concerning 510 atty's was a post in here, uh,...can't find it now. Anyway, one of the members posted two pictures of different internally styled atty's, both supposedly JOYE 510's.

I have received both of these versions, and one thing is clear; the atty with the wick (metal mesh protusion covering the heating element) that continues down around the heating element with the same material- seems to be the better of the two. The lesser effecient version has the wick going down into a washer looking circle that encompasses the element.

How do you guarantee that you'll receive this "better" version? For me, I keep going back to the same supplier, who guarantee's that these are original JOYE TECH products. Although I will say that more than one supplier has made this promise and not come through. As long as you use a reputable supplier (listed by other members here in), and detail exactly what you want, there shouldn't be a problem resolving any issues.

Find a supplier that has em' and stick with em'....it will save you the potential extra cost in the long run. Sorry about not having the link to the pictures, but maybe this will ring a bell with another member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread