Are you done stocking up?

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
Just curious - am I the last vaper still mainly using the old school kanger subtank mini? I have a couple others (also old school...the digiflavor siren and sxk wine) but I am just at home with the stm.
I have about 5 of them with rbas. It will be my back up for my back ups.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just curious - am I the last vaper still mainly using the old school kanger subtank mini? I have a couple others (also old school...the digiflavor siren and sxk wine) but I am just at home with the stm.

You are Old School dc. But then again, so am I. Because of the 3 rta's you mentioned, 2 are in my Main rta lineup.

After I cut down the SXK Wine so it could use STM Glass, it supplanted my STM's as my Main rta. Something I use a lot when sitting in bed Reading or Watching TV. And the STM's I used for when I'm on the go.

Awhile back I picked up a Gear RTA. And because of It's Size, it became my RTA of choice when I'm out and about.

But I still use STM's a lot. So you are Not the Last Old Schooler out there.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
No you are not alone. There are many of us. The STM is the main tank I stocked up on for stock coil vaping and I also have many RBAs.
Yeah during the 2016 deeming scare I stocked up with 15 STMs, and probably another 20 RBAs. Every time I tried something else I enjoyed it, but I always went back to the STM.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oooooooo. Got pictures of what you cut and how?

It's pretty straight forward.

I just Chucked the RTA Body on a corded Drill and clamped the Drill onto my work bench. While Turning at about 300 RPM, I used a Dremel with a Grinding Stone to remove about .105" from the RBA Cover. Then used a Jeweler's File to feather out the Lead Thread on the RBA.

I think I still have some Pictures of when I did it. If I find then, I'll post them.

BTW - I like the Wine RTA best with One Air Hole blocked off. So I trimmed a piece of Silicone and smushed it into one of the side openings.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's pretty straight forward.

I just Chucked the RTA Body on a corded Drill and clamped the Drill onto my work bench. While Turning at about 300 RPM, I used a Dremel with a Grinding Stone to remove about .105" from the RBA Cover. Then used a Jeweler's File to feather out the Lead Thread on the RBA.

I think I still have some Pictures of when I did it. If I find then, I'll post them.

BTW - I like the Wine RTA best with One Air Hole blocked off. So I trimmed a piece of Silicone and smushed it into one of the side openings.

I have some spare glass, but this is good to know. The Kanger EVOD PRO V2 Glass fits the Wine RTA and is still supposedly available.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I have some spare glass, but this is good to know. The Kanger EVOD PRO V2 Glass fits the Wine RTA and is still supposedly available.

Good to Know.

When I did the Cut-Down, the Wine RTA hadn't been out very long. And there was No Replacement Glass available.

That, and reducing an RBA Chamber almost always leads to More Flavor.

So it was kinda a Win - Win.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Have your guys experience differences in US after 7th september or was it 9th? Is there more deals nowadays?
    After the 9th I haven't noticed any difference. Pretty much the same prices other than what folks are finding and posting here.

And, Twisted Messes & Kidney Puncher, will they comtinue to provide us with wires?
    There will always be options for wire.

I buy ss316L and kanthal from Temco. They are very reasonably priced. Excellent quality wire. Fast shipping.

I buy more exotic wire from Wireoptim, Advanced Vape Supply and Kbee.

Also get some wire from Zivipf in Europe.

Just saw you are in Norway, check out Zivipf. They have all kinds of wire.

Good luck. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hmmm Don't know what kind of man I am Lol cotton Cellucotton?
    I use both rayon and cotton.

If you do get some Rayon (Cellucotton) to try, remember that cotton expands with juice, rayon contracts.

You will need to use approximately 1/3 more in overall thickness, in your coil, versus what you are using with cotton.

Be sure to read the Rayon threads. There is a ton of great info, many good tips and some photos too.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If anyone still needs things, you might want to check out Ejuices.com and Eliquid.com. Both are having a Fall Bogo 50% sale now. Buy 1 item and get the 2nd for 50% off. Code is FALLBOGO50. The sale is on hardware and eliquids.

They still have some Geek Vape mods, the Zeus Subohm tanks, coils, etc., etc. The Zeus tanks work out to $15 + change when/if you buy 2 + you get Free S/H, too! Aegis Max mods are $42.61 each, so with the BOGO 50% = $31.96 each when buying 2.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If anyone still needs things, you might want to check out Ejuices.com and Eliquid.com. Both are having a Fall Bogo 50% sale now. Buy 1 item and get the 2nd for 50% off. Code is FALLBOGO50. The sale is on hardware and eliquids.

They still have some Geek Vape mods, the Zeus Subohm tanks, coils, etc., etc. The Zeus tanks work out to $15 + change when/if you buy 2 + you get Free S/H, too! Aegis Max mods are $42.61 each, so with the BOGO 50% = $31.96 each when buying 2.

Too bad they don't sell storage tubs. I could use a couple more for all the stuff I stocked up on.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I still have several Kanger subtank minis and a decent supply of coils and spare parts put away. I liked the square OCC coils, rated for 60Watts if I remember correctly. Those coils had a very short life expectancy if used at the rated 60W. Even at 40W, coil changes seemed too frequent. And below 40W there wasn't enough of a hit for my liking.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    Nope. I've tried several others, always go back to the STM.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Nope. I've tried several others, always go back to the STM.

I still have a STM in my line up. I like to have a few different tanks around. Some juice doesn't work well in the KFL tanks but are good in the STM or a Lemo. The STM and Lemo are more airy and I use them at slightly higher power and lower ohms. I have an RDA on my Reo. It's nice to have some variety.

Users who are viewing this thread