Are you done stocking up?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I am on ECF, Twitter and read news all day unless I am working. I like martial arts(I'm 56 and have been in martial arts since I was 9), vaping, sports cars, mma, nhl, and I have a pretty sweet setup for systems (an Alienware Area 51 that I bought fully loaded in 2015 w a 30" monitor and a Dell T-410 server) that I practice programming/VMware/Linux and Microsoft administration of.

For a living I install PCs and servers...not 10 at a time, but 200 to 500 PCs at a crack, and 200 to 2000 monitors at a crack for those systems.

So pretty much the same as me, except I build my own systems and tend to work on networks with several thousand workstations and dozens of servers.

And I only practice one martial art. The not quite ancient art of I Shute Yu.

Like this:

I've got 3 regional wins under my belt.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
With a ProVari I know I'm close to flashing because the taste of my vape will change & vapor will decrease. I dont even bother checking what the batt is down to.
You know now that you mention it i too notice the change in taste shortly before the flashing starts. Of course thats also about the time my tank is close to empty so it could be a bit of both.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Anyone know a good place to get 250ml plastic amber hdpe bottles like nude nic uses for their pg/vg they sent me in their diy starter kit? The weight of the 250ml glass packer bottles I have uses up nearly half of the 500g capacity of my scale so I don't think I can make a 250ml batch in them by weight.

edit, think I might be able to get away with 200ml batch in them which appears to be around 230g for one of my recipes, just need to double check the weight of these 8oz glass bottles.

So pretty much the same as me, except I build my own systems and tend to work on networks with several thousand workstations and dozens of servers.

And I only practice one martial art. The not quite ancient art of I Shute Yu.

Like this:

I've got 3 regional wins under my belt.

Excellent! I never had compete with my weapons when I had them, only had compete in martial arts.

Gun Kota is a real thing. I had a number of small arms and became so proficient I out shot friends I was attending school with who were ranked above marksman in US Airborne. I'd even loosen the scopes so they would move on the recoil and using the same rifles...I still out shot them. They could not translate missed shots, in to a point on the scope. "Look at the dirt...watch the dirt..." I kept telling them.

Anyone know a good place to get 250ml plastic amber hdpe bottles like nude nic uses for their pg/vg they sent me in their diy starter kit? The weight of the 250ml glass packer bottles I have uses up nearly half of the 500g capacity of my scale so I don't think I can make a 250ml batch in them by weight.

edit, think I might be able to get away with 200ml batch in them which appears to be around 230g for one of my recipes, just need to double check the weight of these 8oz glass bottles.

OOPS! Hope that I didn't buy the same scale. I was hoping to crank out 250ml in DIY. What scale do you have? I have the "American Weigh Scales LB-501." Well, if I have to replace it, at least it was not too expensive.

Let me know what scale you are looking at if you decide to replace whatever you have.

Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

I think onestop carries them. oops they are the white clear ones. sorry

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
OOPS! Hope that I didn't buy the same scale. I was hoping to crank out 250ml in DIY. What scale do you have? I have the "American Weigh Scales LB-501." Well, if I have to replace it, at least it was not too expensive.

Let me know what scale you are looking at if you decide to replace whatever you have.

Thanks!
Mine and yours are both 500g capacity. The 8oz packer bottles I bought are wide mouthed and not ideal for e-juice in hindsight. I was planning to order the proper smaller mouthed ones with ply cone caps from GBO but they may end up being even heavier since they have more glass at the top/neck. The ones I have weigh 279.49 so I will be cutting super close even trying to make a 200ml batch. The plastic amber bottles I got in the nude diy kit are perfect but I only have 2 of them. I am even running low on 30/120ml bottles so I need to place an order soon.

Mine and yours are both 500g capacity. The 8oz packer bottles I bought are wide mouthed and not ideal for e-juice in hindsight. I was planning to order the proper smaller mouthed ones with ply cone caps from GBO but they may end up being even heavier since they have more glass at the top/neck. The ones I have weigh 279.49 so I will be cutting super close even trying to make a 200ml batch. The plastic amber bottles I got in the nude diy kit are perfect but I only have 2 of them. I am even running low on 30/120ml bottles so I need to place an order soon.

Good thing we are discussing this now. I was set to purchase wide mouth bottles from Pyrex. I'll look at the smaller, thinner glass flasks. If I see a better scale that works for me, I'll post the info.

I'll toss your reply in to my notes so that I don't forget. :thumb:

Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Try here
8 oz Amber PET Boston Round Plastic Bottle with White Cap

They also have with the black caps too.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL

Nude Nicotine sells them.
Plastic Amber Storage Bottles - Nude Nicotine

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Good thing we are discussing this now. I was set to purchase wide mouth bottles from Pyrex. I'll look at the smaller, thinner glass flasks. If I see a better scale that works for me, I'll post the info.

I'll toss your reply in to my notes so that I don't forget. :thumb:

Thanks!

I just use a 100ml beaker to measure flavors and nic, then i rinse the residue with a bit of PG\Vg super easy. I usually wash a dropper and the beaker when I am done and that's it. I make custard 800mls at a time. Really you could measure Nic and flavors in the bottle on the scale. Then eyeball the rest once you know the fill line of your particular glassware.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Try here
8 oz Amber PET Boston Round Plastic Bottle with White Cap

They also have with the black caps too.

Thanks, much like GBO shipping is significant on small orders. Still cheaper than buying on amazon or locally if I could find them.

haha, obv I should have checked there.

I just use a 100ml beaker to measure flavors and nic, then i rinse the residue with a bit of PG\Vg super easy. I usually wash a dropper and the beaker when I am done and that's it. I make custard 800mls at a time. Really you could measure Nic and flavors in the bottle on the scale. Then eyeball the rest once you know the fill line of your particular glassware.

I have some bigger beakers in my amazon cart saved for later but haven't been in a rush to get them as I usually just mix by weight into whatever the juice will be steeping/stored in.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Excellent! I never had compete with my weapons when I had them, only had compete in martial arts.

Gun Kota is a real thing. I had a number of small arms and became so proficient I out shot friends I was attending school with who were ranked above marksman in US Airborne. I'd even loosen the scopes so they would move on the recoil and using the same rifles...I still out shot them. They could not translate missed shots, in to a point on the scope. "Look at the dirt...watch the dirt..." I kept telling them.
Thats very easy to explain.

We have been trained in martial arts with all of tge meditation and breath Control we have much more Control of our bodies than the average people.

In Qigong there is an exercise called the three regulations.

They refer to the mind Body and breath

If one of the three is out of Control focus on controlling the other two. Get those under Control the third must relaxvand come in harmony with the other two.

Before my eyes went so bad in tge late 1980s i used to shoot coke bottles at 250 yards.

When i went for my concealed carry permit i got a 94 on the written test, and a 97 out of 100 in the shooting test firing at three didtsnces with a pistol that had a 3 inch barrel.

Thats very easy to explain.

We have been trained in martial arts with all of tge meditation and breath Control we have much more Control of our bodies than the average people.

In Qigong there is an exercise called the three regulations.

They refer to the mind Body and breath

If one of the three is out of Control focus on controlling the other two. Get those under Control the third must relaxvand come in harmony with the other two.

Before my eyes went so bad in tge late 1980s i used to shoot coke bottles at 250 yards.

When i went for my concealed carry permit i got a 94 on the written test, and a 97 out of 100 in the shooting test firing at three didtsnces with a pistol that had a 3 inch barrel.

:thumb:

Glad you approve my analisis.

Well, some things are easy to see. At least for us, we've been there and done it. I started martial arts and ice hockey at 9 and 10 yrs old. I am an old man now but was quite the athlete well in to my 40's. I don't even pretend to be one on TV now, but there is a huge difference in what you get out of martial/military arts and sports.

Like you, I recall some very tough exercises. We carried people off the mat who had passed out holding a horse stance in a dojo that was hovering around 100F. I remember bagua walks with arms outstretched to either side, and buckets, not completely filled with sand, but enough to make anyone agonize, and we walked in circles at a slow pace, in the dark, squatting to developing the ability to jump gracefully through the air. There is a difference btw sports training and anything done in martial and military arts.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
you guys really think vaping will go away after the fda hammer comes down in 2 years? i cant help it think that vaping is just too big to just go away. people will still be able to get juice and products... dont know how yet but i gotta put my money on that.
Once the data gets in on how we self-appointed guinea pigs do, long-term, prohibition will end. Stay with it, guys, and let the evidence win.

you guys really think vaping will go away after the fda hammer comes down in 2 years? i cant help it think that vaping is just too big to just go away. people will still be able to get juice and products... dont know how yet but i gotta put my money on that.

Sure, people will get some eliquids the way they get it now, via DIY, until that gets squashed. It will not be easy, and it will take some time, but your FDA(Fed), State, County and City do not care. ALL of these entities are going to bring tobacoo control upon everything that you see being sold.

Let me ask you this, how successful do you see vape shops with 5 items that you do not want to buy? What we are looking at is the end of open systems vaping which means that you may not be able to get an rda/rdta/rta/tank. You may be able to buy a pod mod, but if that is the case, and they are sold at gas stations and convenience stores what would the need be for a vape shop?

Users who are viewing this thread