Are you done stocking up?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
would like some more bridgeless atties, man those were the best

I've seen some of them on a couple of the older websites in the last month or so. You might want to do some searching if you really still want some. Unfortunately, I've cleared my history since then of most websites I've visited, or I could've looked back for them.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You used to be able to have your UPS package delivered to a UPS Access Point for free (an access point is just a retail store that agrees to take packages for people to pickup. In my area I have about 6 or so, like pharmacies, auto parts stores, etc). Used this service many times end of 2019 beginning of 2020.

Now they want $6 per package or $20 a month for this service :nah: even if you want to pick it up at the local UPS hub customer counter (which is only open for like 4 hours lol) :(

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Although I am really done, the only thing I could use is a Reo repair kit & Reo springs. I did find beryllium copper wire, I may get a roll and practice making springs LOL I just wonder what gauge wire these Reo springs are, anyone know?

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    Didjya ever wander into "The Lounge" here on ECF? I just got back from there, just looking around. It's kind of a strange place. There are tons veteran ECFers there who, for many years, only post there, never in the vaping sections of this forum. It makes me wonder if these people are still vapers and, if they are, are they stocked up on old gear from 2009, just living in "The Lounge" oblivious to today's vape world?

Maybe soon we'll be seeing a slew of them enter the vaping side of ECF asking where they can get a Ruyan v8 kit because their last one just stopped working?

I got some extra clearomizers for them, but im plumb fresh out of cartos. Before Vamos were all the rage, I got a few of those old Lavatube clones from China, the tin ones that you cant subohm with. But they cant have my stingray mods.

Reactions: NolaMel

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Sounds like you need one more stock-up item: a set of digital calipers.

6 in. Digital Caliper

and this chart

FAQ: AWG chart and the metric system | Eland Cables

But I wonder how easy it is to make hot springs?
    Yes I need calipers. I think hubby has a gauge chart, will see if we can figure it out. Then use an awl to wrap on to get correct conical shape. I don't think it would be very difficult with Beryllium copper wire. Just need the right gauge wire. Reo does have a square piece of metal the spring is attached to, not sure how that is attached tho.

Reactions: NolaMel

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    IMG_1642.JPG
    The Reo Spring, harder to find than hens teeth LOL

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Personally I plan to go the 10 amp car fuse route if it becomes necessary.

I have replaced ONE REO hotspring since 2013 and that was due to a very badly made cheap clone atty. I am set in my place with quality attys and no longer have a reason to risk the unknown. I build very carefully and conservatively. I triple check everything on either a regulated mod or a dedicated building device base. I am not overly worried about it.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Beryllium copper will soften, collapse at 200 degrees I read.
    Pure copper softens at 150 degrees so that is why it has to be Beryllium copper so it holds it shape longer, I think top end is 450 degrees. Probably would be good to test but not wanting to risk a battery failure maybe put a spring near high heat and see what it does?? I know our grill gets up to 450, might be worth testing or use a butane torch?

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Well... I won the loom it arrives next week, 6 cones of weaving yarn arrive tomorrow and God help me 100 tablet weaving cards are coming from China so who knows when they arrive. Living proof one way or another we are never done stocking up from China. Even when we swap hobbies.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well... I won the loom it arrives next week, 6 cones of weaving yarn arrive tomorrow and God help me 100 tablet weaving cards are coming from China so who knows when they arrive. Living proof one way or another we are never done stocking up from China. Even when we swap hobbies.

All my paint by numbers, my diamond painting, and my rosary supplies all come from China. Doesn't the USA manufacture anything anymore?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    All my paint by numbers, my diamond painting, and my rosary supplies all come from China

What beads do you use for your rosaries (ie. plastic, glass, natural gemstone, Swarovski crystal, the shape or shapes, all clear or various colors, etc.)?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What beads do you use for your rosaries (ie. plastic, glass, natural gemstone, Swarovski crystal, the shape or shapes, all clear or various colors, etc.)?

I've used a lot of different beads, but the most common are rondelles, all various colors. Here's a red and clear one that I custom made based on the Polish flag.
    20210106_110331.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread