Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
Am just a little unsure of the airflow- I like it very tight- similar to the original unadjustable kfl- it looks like on the smallest position, it's the same as KFL+ wide open... Wonder if the K5 also has an airflow screw under 510 to 'fine tune'?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Am just a little unsure of the airflow- I like it very tight- similar to the original unadjustable kfl- it looks like on the smallest position, it's the same as KFL+ wide open... Wonder if the K5 also has an airflow screw under 510 to 'fine tune'?
Not sure, I would think they did away with the screw thingy like on the km3.... you could always use one of those air bans to close it off a little...... maybe not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Not particularly into 4 or 5 ml tanks but I am going to make an exception because , for one, it's a kayfun, and two, it's the last kayfun (is this it?) At least to purchase one

For three, it's also the cheapest full sized Kayfun ever :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
No, it doesn't.
And btw, a small piece of SS mesh in the air-channel does the trick.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Approx. $115 (for non-EU folks) :)
Thank you, Sir. That is an attractive price...especially versus the K4 when it was initially released. I suspect a number of factors went into that pricing decision. Among them, what the market will bear and I suspect some economies of scale now that SM has been in this business awhile now.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not sure, I would think they did away with the screw thingy like on the km3.... you could always use one of those air bans to close it off a little...... maybe not

What's an air ban?

Edit - looks like Q answered.

I hope air isn't an issue for me (too much). And it doesn't effect flavor and harshness when/if I cut it off with as mesh or something... That was how I felt with the Hurricane when I turned air way down. Too harsh and became over saturated..

Also - I think the KF4 and KM3 have a very nice draw (and also very quiet, since the restriction occurs inside, if that makes sense).

Q - I hope you are wrong and there is still air adjustment inside the pin also/in addition...?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK, I compared the airflow holes on the original Kayfun Lite and the Kayfun Lite Plus. Both exterior holes (on the side base) are the same size...1.8mm. The air hole below the coil appears to be exactly the same as well. I couldn't measure it because I'm too lazy to rip the coil off and recoil. I think it's safe to say the lowest air flow setting on the K5 will be the equivalent (or damn close) to both the original KFL and the KFL Plus wide open. I have the air screw completely removed from my Lite and I can't tell a difference as compared to my original. In fact, I couldn't tell a big difference on the air adjustment on the Plus at any point unless it was near closed.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You sure we can't lift that ban on at least a few really bad words, Robino? Special circumstances... ;)

Sorry Tweets, nope. If I could......I have a few choice ones that I have been uttering for the past few days :facepalm: :censored:

Go to the 1:05 mark. I'm wondering what those gizmos are for that are surrounding the posi/neg screws. I can see where they'd come in handy for wrapping the tail around so you don't have to hold it while cinching down the screw.

That is what has me intrigued. I have a hell of a time with those legs.

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
OK, I compared the airflow holes on the original Kayfun Lite and the Kayfun Lite Plus. Both exterior holes (on the side base) are the same size...1.8mm. The air hole below the coil appears to be exactly the same as well. I couldn't measure it because I'm too lazy to rip the coil off and recoil. I think it's safe to say the lowest air flow setting on the K5 will be the equivalent (or damn close) to both the original KFL and the KFL Plus wide open. I have the air screw completely removed from my Lite and I can't tell a difference as compared to my original. In fact, I couldn't tell a big difference on the air adjustment on the Plus at any point unless it was near closed.
Awesome, thanks loads for doing that Bronze- was just about to go and do the exact same thing [emoji6] In that case, for me, this'll probably be the most perfect Atty ever. Its so sad that this will be the last 'full size' Kayfun [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX 7 using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Its so sad that this will be the last 'full size' Kayfun
emoji22.png
emoji22.png
Maybe not. :)

Status