vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
What's an air ban?

Edit - looks like Q answered.

I hope air isn't an issue for me (too much). And it doesn't effect flavor and harshness when/if I cut it off with as mesh or something... That was how I felt with the Hurricane when I turned air way down. Too harsh and became over saturated..

Also - I think the KF4 and KM3 have a very nice draw (and also very quiet, since the restriction occurs inside, if that makes sense).

Q - I hope you are wrong and there is still air adjustment inside the pin also/in addition...?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The piece of SS mesh works as Q mentioned but I was referring to a vape band that I have seen on some sub tanks ... think of a rubber band with various size holes in it or in your case maybe just one small. You can position this small hole right on the hole on the device, thus reducing it. Oh I have one, here is a pic. ..
1f3ae26a4fa8fa5d36a1483a11cb6c32.jpg
they work but some don't look very good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Attachments

• K5 Coil.png
    K5 Coil.png
    914.4 KB · Views: 63

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Not sure, I would think they did away with the screw thingy like on the km3.... you could always use one of those air bans to close it off a little...... maybe not

But it comes with external AFC now--which I really appreciate. That hidden screw wasn't very practical or user friendly. Why would one need bands?

Or am missing something?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm wondering what those gizmos are for that are surrounding the posi/neg screws. I can see where they'd come in handy for wrapping the tail around so you don't have to hold it while cinching down the screw.

I'm wondering too. But I like the new deck--looks nice and roomy.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But it comes with external AFC now--which I really appreciate. That hidden screw wasn't very practical or user friendly. Why would one need bands?

Or am missing something?
I think it was to address those who thought it would still be too loose even at the most restrictive level.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Or am missing something?
No your not missing anything, i just posted it because Stanly was afraid that the k5 might be too airy for him. I was just giving him an option

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
No your not missing anything, i just posted it because Stanly was afraid that the k5 might be too airy for him. I was just giving him an option

Yes thank you for the suggestion. :)

Still holding out hope there's a grub screw in tandem with that external adjustment though. For more than just my restricted flow, but also for the way the draw sounds. Would be ideal to dial it in (for many) with both a grub screw and externally.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Not a review or even a preview, just a short clip but gives you an idea how K5 will look like on a mod (@ 3:00 ) and sound :)

I like that guy but 90 percent of the stuff he reviews are impossible to obtain. . It's like a bit a of a tease, but the stuff is absolutely beautiful

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes thank you for the suggestion. :)

Still holding out hope there's a grub screw in tandem with that external adjustment though. For more than just my restricted flow, but also for the way the draw sounds. Would be ideal to dial it in (for many) with both a grub screw and externally.

I hope it does for you .

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Looks like the KF5 is 60mm without the tip, and the KM3 is 58 without the tip.

Looks like the drip tip is a tad shorter, so this should be the same height as the KM3 if I guess correctly.

Oh and I'd the air doesn't cater well to the MTL crowd I'll consider this thread dare SM sold out to the sub ohm crowd. Haha.

But I think they'll stick to they're loyal crowd. Not just those that need huge air. I'm confident it will work out either way.

@Bronze - you say you take MTL puffs in the KFL+ wide open as your usual style?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Looks like the drip tip is a tad shorter, so this should be the same height as the KM3 if I guess correctly.

Oh and I'd the air doesn't cater well to the MTL crowd I'll consider this thread dare SM sold out to the sub ohm crowd. Haha.

But I think they'll stick to they're loyal crowd. Not just those that need huge air. I'm confident it will work out either way.

The k5 will be fine for both... I know most who vape the km3 are mtl hitters and the k5 can be set to the km3 ' s airflow. I would think if you closed off the k5 to the tightest, it will be close to the kfl. Didn't that k5 video say it can be equal to 1.8 at its tightest? And 1.8 is what the kfl is.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I didn't realize the 'mini' was that tall. Anyway looks like the V5 is similar in size to the V4

KFV4size_zpslyzzndmh.png

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The k5 will be fine for both... I know most who vape the km3 are mtl hitters and the k5 can be set to the km3 ' s airflow. I would think if you closed off the k5 to the tightest, it will be close to the kfl. Didn't that k5 video say it can be equal to 1.8 at its tightest? And 1.8 is what the kfl is.

Here's what I found (Qorax's link above), FWIW:

MTMStore | E-Cigarettes | SvoeMesto Kayfun 5 e cigarette e liquid

"The build deck has been heavily modified to make building coils easier for beginners and more versatile for enthusiasts. At the same time SvoëMesto has increased the adjustable airflow from 2,2mm to 3,2mm providing more than twice the airflow compared to the Kayfun 4.
The airflow control can now be adjusted externally and has 4 positions:

1,8mm (Kayfun Lite plus)
2,2mm (Kayfun 4)
2,7mm (Kayfun 4S)
3,2mm (maximum airflow)
The internal design of the evaporation chamber has been optimized to create an outstanding flavor profile, Kayfun fans have grown to love, even at higher airflow settings."

But we still don't know how the AFC is being adjusted...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread