Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Those in the US who order from the EU when they are released stand a decent chance theirs will arrive later than if they exercise patience and order it domestically a week later. Just throwing that out there. :)
Perhaps with the exception of HHV, I disagree...

Reactions: Bronze

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Qorax - did you not get a sneak peek at this? Early production sent to you?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get anything 'sent' to me by SvoeMesto. I buy them. On day-1.
And a Very Good Morning folks :)

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Good morning all... I wanted to update everyone on what we know at this point and what our plans are regarding the 5. We were contacted by Svoemesto late last week about the release of the 5. We were told at that time and also earlier this week that the EU comes first. Then ROW (rest of the world) approximately one week after EU. I asked Svoemesto directly about pre-ordering and they are not set up to do that. Once the one week EU wait is over, Svoemesto will send out a notification to it's dealers that orders can be placed. It takes approximately 4 days to get them from Germany to HHV. I do not plan on putting up a preorder page. I am not comfortable holding your money for what could take several weeks or more if the EU depletes the inventory before we get our chance to order. I will announce it here as well as via a HHV newsletter once we have them in stock and on the site. My plan is to order them the minute Svoemesto makes them available to ROW. I will keep everyone updated on this thread as I have updates.

Adam

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Is pre order an option at HHV?

I may do something I rarely do and that is jump on the train before kinks are worked out.
Well, the K5 appears to have incorporated many of the KM3 design features so the K5 has been somewhat kink tested already. In so far as I know, the only kink that surfaced on the KM3 was the posi block twisting. They put in a fix for that so it has been resolved (and adding this fix to the first released is not difficult). I'd bet my life they have this fix in the K5 design.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I usually don't get spooked. The FDA has scared the living crap out of me this time.
I know you resist digging apart attys and the such. You're more of a plug n play vaper and don't necessarily get into the hobby aspects of vaping. But keep in mind that if these regs go through we will be stuck with the gear we have. A thorough understanding of how the gear functions could go a long way in keeping your gear in working order. And I don't want to hear you say you can't understand this stuff. I know you. You're not an idiot. Also, you may want to consider acquiring a mechanical mod or two. Those have far less things that can go wrong with them. They don't have all the creature comforts as our regulated mods but they work.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Oh god :facepalm:
I wouldn't even begin to know where to start looking at a mechanical mod.

I have 4 or 5 ProVari. Two of which are in regular use. The others have been set aside for just in case. I'm planning on putting them in something sealed with those silica packs alongside them. I figure Florida being as humid as it is, that has to affect the components in time.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh god :facepalm:
I wouldn't even begin to know where to start looking at a mechanical mod.

I have 4 or 5 ProVari. Two of which are in regular use. The others have been set aside for just in case. I'm planning on putting them in something sealed with those silica packs alongside them. I figure Florida being as humid as it is, that has to affect the components in time.
That's a good storage idea. And with that many Provaris you should be in good shape for a long time. That said, you know they could fail or get broken (know what I mean?). It is always good to have a mech mod in your arsenal. No chipsets or software to go wrong. There's no need to panic but if/when you're ready I would be glad to help you find a mech mod. Just PM me if'n you decide this is the route you want to go.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
That's a good storage idea. And with that many Provaris you should be in good shape for a long time. That said, you know they could fail or get broken (know what I mean?). It is always good to have a mech mod in your arsenal. No chipsets or software to go wrong. There's no need to panic but if/when you're ready I would be glad to help you find a mech mod. Just PM me if'n you decide this is the route you want to go.
Will do. :)

And yeah, I've a few experiences of the ProVari getting broken. :facepalm:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I hear how long it takes to get product from Creme de Vape and it's longer than if someone waits for a US vendor to get theirs.

I ordered two via web. One from overseas, and one from stateside. Both took about the same time as I remember it. I'll prolly do the same this time also.

Jim

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I don't get anything 'sent' to me by SvoeMesto. I buy them. On day-1.
And a Very Good Morning folks :)

Yeah I remember the Mini in your video showing you went down and spent money. Was hoping they sent you one but guess not. Look forward to your review!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yeah I remember the Mini in your video showing you went down and spent money. Was hoping they sent you one but guess not. Look forward to your review!
90% of the time SvoeMesto do not even reply to me. No, I never approach them (or anyone) for free stuff, my queries are directed on product updates/upgrades and information. Yet they've seldom responded to me. My infos come from www.intaste.de all the time. They return back every time, within 10 minutes max at that.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Thanks Q! Very cool vid that reveals a few interesting things. One, it is very similar to the KM3 except it has the external air flow control and it appears to be a very nice design. A lift/turn/lower/lock mechanism with a handful of air flow volume settings (non-continuous). I also see the insulator design will keep the posi block stable and twist-proof.

I purchased some drip tips (I believe it was from Vape Rev - see photo below) awhile back that they called two-tone. It was a titanium drip tip attached to a delrin base (either press fit or glued I cannot tell). It was designed to keep the heat down as the delrin is what was touching the atomizer. It really is effective and I have used these tips exclusively since I purchased them. It appears the K5 is attempting to do the same thing but in a different manner. Either way, it is a good feature that will be appreciated by the K5 customers.

IMG_6735 (Small).JPG

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...good feature that will be appreciated by the K5 customers.
Hell ya it will. Folks who appreciated the KM3 but wanted more volume & girth ~ O'well here it is - A fatty KM3 with same bells and whistles and a few more. Seems like a winning formula!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread