Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
HHV has received a production update from SVM that affects the Prime.

SVM had two rounds of problems with a supplier producing their 510 connectors. For that reason, they’ve moved that production in-house.

They are projecting another 5 weeks before availability of 22 mm Lites along with all accessories. The 24 mm will go into production around 6/22.

The Prime will be available again for vape suppliers to order around the end of June, or into July. (No specifics about how far into July).

I'm waiting for the good news.;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I finally got around to swapping out the glass for the PEI kit, that I've had since it came out (lazy), and I have to say I'm impressed.

Now I want to change one of my other Primes over to a PEI kit.
P1010004cr.jpg

I was going through my vaping gear today, looking for the Prime PEI kit, and found an older single 18650 mod that I completely forgot about. Pull it out of its box - pop a Prime on it and it vapes grrrrreat. I have a couple of them. Comfortable in hand. Nice little beater mods. They even came with a protective black sleeve.

It's the Sigelei Mini 30W...used to be my out and about mod with my KFL+.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I finally got around to swapping out the glass for the PEI kit, that I've had since it came out (lazy), and I have to say I'm impressed.

Now I want to change one of my other Primes over to a PEI kit.
View attachment 814997
I was going through my vaping gear today, looking for the Prime PEI kit, and found an older single 18650 mod that I completely forgot about. Pull it out of its box - pop a Prime on it and it vapes grrrrreat. I have a couple of them. Comfortable in hand. Nice little beater mods. They even came with a protective black sleeve.

It's the Sigelei Mini 30W...used to be my out and about mod with my KFL+.

Looks great. I love the mostly steel look. I broke too many glass tanks on the V3 and V5.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Looks great. I love the mostly steel look. I broke too many glass tanks on the V3 and V5.
Thanks Ping!

I broke my fair share of glass tanks too.

And the plastic ones for the KFL+ -- my wife used to break the plastic center window A LOT. I was replacing those frequently. She didn't want to go full metal, the whole "I can't see the juice" thing. I broke a few too. Still have like 30 of those.

If anyone ever needs one let me know.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Ping!

I broke my fair share of glass tanks too.

And the plastic ones for the KFL+ -- my wife used to break the plastic center window A LOT. I was replacing those frequently. She didn't want to go full metal, the whole "I can't see the juice" thing. I broke a few too. Still have like 30 of those.

If anyone ever needs one let me know.
The "I can't see the juice" thing is legit. That's why I don't use the steel. Otherwise, I would.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

I really like your Protovapor mod. The black'n blue looks sharp with the Prime nite on it. Dressed to the nines!;)

Still thinking about getting one.

Part of me is leaning towards the DIY kit just for the fun of building it. I need to find out how good their instructions are.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The "I can't see the juice" thing is legit. That's why I don't use the steel. Otherwise, I would.
Oh I know it's legit - I really, really do - I got the whole nine yards on that, and then some more, and for good measure a little more. I never ever broached the subject again. :confused:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

The reason why I never used the steel tanks. I couldn't figure out why they made them. Things have changed for me. I use two mods with two tanks each day, so every night I fill them up and good till the next night. The Sp Ed holds about 3 ml and the Prime 2ml. I don't vape more than 4l in a day. Plus both of mods are DNA so I don't have to worry about dry hit and that awful burnt cotton taste. I ordered another Prime Sp Ed today and a gold PEI tank which will give it a different look.

I have a question for the group. It seems like my airflow adjustment ring is loose on my first Prime. I don't mean loose like leaking but so easy to push up and push down. It used to have a nice solid locking into place sound. I had to give it a good tug to open it but now it slides up very easily. It actually wobbles a bit. I guess I'm going to have to take it apart ugh!

Part of me is leaning towards the DIY kit just for the fun of building it. I need to find out how good their instructions are.

From what I heard as long as you can solder you can put one together. I love the Protovapor, it's small and built like a tank.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The reason why I never used the steel tanks. I couldn't figure out why they made them. Things have changed for me. I use two mods with two tanks each day, so every night I fill them up and good till the next night. The Sp Ed holds about 3 ml and the Prime 2ml. I don't vape more than 4l in a day. Plus both of mods are DNA so I don't have to worry about dry hit and that awful burnt cotton taste. I ordered another Prime Sp Ed today and a gold PEI tank which will give it a different look.

I have a question for the group. It seems like my airflow adjustment ring is loose on my first Prime. I don't mean loose like leaking but so easy to push up and push down. It used to have a nice solid locking into place sound. I had to give it a good tug to open it but now it slides up very easily. It actually wobbles a bit. I guess I'm going to have to take it apart ugh!

From what I heard as long as you can solder you can put one together. I love the Protovapor, it's small and built like a tank.
I’d have to look at it closer but maybe you got an oring that isnt right.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I’d have to look at it closer but maybe you got an oring that isnt right.
I'm going to dismantle it tomorrow. I'll change any oring near it. Be the first time I've changed a oring on a kayfun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm going to dismantle it tomorrow. I'll change any oring near it. Be the first time I've changed a oring on a kayfun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T
Look at part #8 on the assembly print in the OP of this thread. Looks to go around the bottom of the deck.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
1/12th authentic anyway.

Took me a day but now I get it. :)

Look at part #8 on the assembly print in the OP of this thread. Looks to go around the bottom of the deck.

I took it all apart and washed it checked the assembly print to see if I was missing a oring or insulator. It all looked good so back together and it's fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread