Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Here's their predecessors leading to the K4:

View attachment 741097
The left most was their initial concept.
Thanks, Stan! Funny that you're apparently the only resource for this. I looked everywhere.
I think I used to use the prototype on the left to hose down my driveway in the 80's.;)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
And the K4 is probably the most criticised of all the Kayfuns. Finnicky, too many parts, etc. i really like the mini V3 a lot. One mighty little atty.
Yeah, I loved the KM3 for quite a while...she was my first (rta).
But now that I've gone backward discovered the 3.1 and Lite + V2 (I drilled it out just a little), I like the vape on them even more. Not nearly as convenient and reliable as a KM3, of course, so I don't use them as my all-day- but I do keep a couple on hand and loaded. IMO, when you really want a good, solid, MTL hit with TH, they still can't be beat compared to all the rta's I've tried.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Does anybody get a slight gurgle after refilling? I refill and open the juice control straight away and sometimes get a slight gurgle for a few mins. Has anyone else experienced this and got a solution? Have read of others opening the liquid control with the tank inverted but surely that isn’t necessary.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Does anybody get a slight gurgle after refilling? I refill and open the juice control straight away and sometimes get a slight gurgle for a few mins. Has anyone else experienced this and got a solution? Have read of others opening the liquid control with the tank inverted but surely that isn’t necessary.
Can't say I have.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Could it be possible that your not closing JC off 100 percent before filling?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Could it be possible that your not closing JC off 100 percent before filling?

That was my first impression. Don’t want to tighten it down to hard though in case anything gets damaged. I open the liquid 1 and a half turns immediately after filling. Is that too much maybe? I know a lot of reviewers have said vape it closed at first or open just a little until after the first few vapes.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That was my first impression. Don’t want to tighten it down to hard though in case anything gets damaged. I open the liquid 1 and a half turns immediately after filling. Is that too much maybe? I know a lot of reviewers have said vape it closed at first or open just a little until after the first few vapes.
I fill and immediately open to 1.5 turns, and don't get the gurgle. Maybe next time you rewick, with no juice, take off glass tank and close off JC while looking at the holes in chimney just to see if they do indeed close 100 percent. It can be possible that your oring can be binding or something catching on the threads making it to not close off completely. Or maybe your a tad bit light in the tail amounts on ledge

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I fill and immediately open to 1.5 turns, and don't get the gurgle. Maybe next time you rewick, with no juice, take off glass tank and close off JC while looking at the holes in chimney just to see if they do indeed close 100 percent. It can be possible that your oring can be binding or something catching on the threads making it to not close off completely. Or maybe your a tad bit light in the tail amounts on ledge

Thanks for the advice Divrr. Must definitely not be closing right because if anything I use too much cotton. Been building kayfuns for 4 years and always found more cotton to work best for me. All I ever hear is ‘less is more’ but I’ve always found the opposite. Not to the point where it’s stuffed in and can barely move. I always leave the tails quite long but really thin the edges out and take a lot of the weight out before tucking them in.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sounds like our wicking is similiar then, so it seems like either the jc isn't completely closing or perhaps an oring?
Thanks for the advice Divrr. Must definitely not be closing right because if anything I use too much cotton. Been building kayfuns for 4 years and always found more cotton to work best for me. All I ever hear is ‘less is more’ but I’ve always found the opposite. Not to the point where it’s stuffed in and can barely move. I always leave the tails quite long but really thin the edges out and take a lot of the weight out before tucking them in.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Sounds like our wicking is similiar then, so it seems like either the jc isn't completely closing or perhaps an oring?

Changed the o rings and everything working nicely. Worked perfectly when I first got it but this past week the gurgle has started after refilling so I suppose that makes sense. Must have been a bit of wear and tear on the o ring at the deck. Amazing how the slightest of damage to an o ring can affect things!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The prime is the tightest juice flow I have of all the kayfuns. They spec'd it pretty close. i wouldnt be surprised if the orings give out sooner on the prime.
Not sure if alot do this, but everytime I rewick, I really lube up everything with juice. Not only the 2 orings, but everything . I start with the little outside deck area above the top oring, then the top oring, then everything below top oring, especially the threads. I use to juice all this up, then screw it together , then unscrew again, relube and button all back together. Now it is ultra smooth and easy like a fine tuned machined. I do this on my km3's also and after doing this for a couple months, it really makes the jc smooth as butter

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That's one thing I haven't seen from my primes. I have got a slight gurgle like mkbarca, but not any slight leakage from the base or af holes. Now on my kayfun mini v3's, it's the opposite, from time to time I will get that slight wetness at the base, but never ever a gurgle. Those tanks are basically the same, so it's weird how that seems to happen
Update. Really enjoying the Prime at 18W. Taste is fantastic. Only slight issue I get occasionally is juice getting into the bottom airflow but figuring that is down to me fiddling with the different airflow sizes gauging which suits me best.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
While LV is battling CAN at the ice hockey championship, I'll have a blast at this one, thanks.

269b77c1237fe68f98eea4cb951aabae.jpg

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread