Best single battery squonk mod <$100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
How do these compare to the Pulse? They seem pretty similar, although the Inbox does have a dna chip.
The Inbox is better for battery management. Although the Therion is out there, I hate the system to take out the battery. My vote is to the Inbox V3.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
If you're not looking for a dna chip, then my vote would be for the Pulse 80w. Some folks report dismal battery life with it, but I have no problem with it using it at 30w, with a Sanyo 20700B.

I have a few Therion BFs, and an Inbox V2, but in all honesty, I haven't used them since I got the Pulse 80w.

You can't beat the Pulse for an 'out and about' carry mod. I've dropped mine on concrete several times and it didn't even chip/scratch the outside of it. Panels went flying, bottle came out, drip tip rolling away. Put it all back together and it's as good as new.

I like the Therion and Inbox, but downside to the Therion is the battery change is a PITA. Inbox is very likeable as well. These days I just prefer a light, druable and inexpensive Pulse 80w. I expect prices will drop soon when the Pulse X is released. The Pulse X (mod only) looks like it will run close to the same price as the 80w. And you can download a firmware update for the 80w once it's released as well.

Have to admit though, I am a Pulse fan boy, lol. It's been my favorite setup since I got it, and I already have a pre-order on the Pulse X.

Over Labor day, I think MyVPro had the original Pulse for like $18.99. Saw a few places that had the Pulse 80w for $39.99. Hard to beat the price on either one.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
nearly proprietary bottles due to the miniscule diameter of the silicone tubing,
It is not uncommon of a squonk bottle tubing size at all. 4mm x 2mm is what it uses. Same size as a lost vape bottle, SJMY bottle, and many others.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It is not uncommon of a squonk bottle tubing size at all. 4mm x 2mm is what it uses. Same size as a lost vape bottle, SJMY bottle, and many others.
I believe this is what the new Recurve mod/bottle uses as well. I haven't measured the Recurve to be sure, but I've used the Pulse OG bottle in the Recurve with no issues whatsoever.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Have to admit though, I am a Pulse fan boy, lol. It's been my favorite setup since I got it, and I already have a pre-order on the Pulse X.
I used my Pulse 80 for less than a week. I thought it was a waste of money myself. It's very poorly designed and the 510 leaks between the RDA. And did they fix it in the Pulse X? Hell no! Instead they give you the kit version which the RDA has the o-ring that is needed rather on their 510. Geez! Vandy Vape engineering at its finest. :(

Gone back to my old reliables, my 3 Therion BF 75Cs. :)

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I used my Pulse 80 for less than a week. I thought it was a waste of money myself. It's very poorly designed and the 510 leaks between the RDA. And did they fix it in the Pulse X? Hell no! Instead they give you the kit version which the RDA has the o-ring that is needed rather on their 510. Geez! Vandy Vape engineering at its finest. :(

Gone back to my old reliables, my 3 Therion BF 75Cs. :)

I like my Therions too, just wish the battery insert wasn't a PITA. I just recently picked up the Pulse 80 and slapped on a Halady on top of it and working well for my outdoor use...no leaks thus far this week.
I did not know that the Pulse X is out?

ScribedGlass

Jul 26, 2018
Can generally find the Desire Rage for around $100. Dual battery, I get a good life off of the batteries, I run an Entheon clone from FT.

Only real gripes, have had the top of my bottle get stuck in the mod luckily I didn't have a bad juice spill. Other is nitpicky with it only having one battery level indicator.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I haven't owned all of the other options but for under $100, my vote is for the inbox v3. solid all the way around unless you're looking to rock batteries bigger than 18650. the dna75 isn't quite as inefficient as the dna75c from what I can tell and it's much simpler to operate.

Mine is backup now, since I have a couple of higher end mods that get the most use but I have 60k+ puffs on the Inbox and no signs of stopping...

I don't even take especially good care out it but I'm not terribly hard on my mods.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
My fave sub $100 squonker is the aspire feedlink. Unregulated but has protections like a squeeze. Solid mod with an awesome bottle/carrier system. Other than that I'm holding out for a pico squeeze 2 as I'm not a fan of any of the plastic boxes.

I have a pico squeeze 2. It doesn't get much because of the weight, unfortunately. I like almost everything else about it BUT the weight.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have a pico squeeze 2. It doesn't get much because of the weight, unfortunately. I like almost everything else about it BUT the weight.

Gear is always personal choice, and I've tried a hellofalot of different gear to find what my personal choices were.

For the price it is hard to beat a Pico Squeeze 2 with its quality and reliability. @cliffy15 is right that it's not a 'shirt pocket' carry because of the weight like the super light Pico Squeeze 1 or other lighter weight mech squonk mods can easily be. I have 2 PS1's that are still my shirt pocket carry squonkers for most errands, but I do take one of the PS2's on longer errands in a VapeSox that has a carabineer for easy carry. I really like the compact profile of the PS2 as well. IMO it has the best squonk bottle system yet of all the many squonkers I have bought and retired. It's the easiest to fill of all those tried, holds an ample supply and on my two PS2's they have been 100% leak free. Being able to easily switch between 18650, 20700 and 21700 batts is also a big pro. For this right handed vaper anyway the side fire button is the most natural hold yet to both fire and squonk without having to change the grip on the mod. My two PS2's are always on-line for here at home or for errands, and run two of my favorite mesh RDA's.

S2DMPx2.jpg

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Gear is always personal choice, and I've tried a hellofalot of different gear to find what my personal choices were.

For the price it is hard to beat a Pico Squeeze 2 with its quality and reliability. @cliffy15 is right that it's not a 'shirt pocket' carry because of the weight like the super light Pico Squeeze 1 or other lighter weight mech squonk mods can easily be. I have 2 PS1's that are still my shirt pocket carry squonkers for most errands, but I do take one of the PS2's on longer errands in a VapeSox that has a carabineer for easy carry. I really like the compact profile of the PS2 as well. IMO it has the best squonk bottle system yet of all the many squonkers I have bought and retired. It's the easiest to fill of all those tried, holds an ample supply and on my two PS2's they have been 100% leak free. Being able to easily switch between 18650, 20700 and 21700 batts is also a big pro. For this right handed vaper anyway the side fire button is the most natural hold yet to both fire and squonk without having to change the grip on the mod. My two PS2's are always on-line for here at home or for errands, and run two of my favorite mesh RDA's.

View attachment 766133
yup i like that pico sq 2 too, for the size, prices, build and performance, weight might be a bit heavy but that solid feels u can't find in the device ....
I just wish they put fire button same side with screen :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
yup i like that pico sq 2 too, for the size, prices, build and performance, weight might be a bit heavy but that solid feels u can't find in the device ....
I just wish they put fire button same side with screen :)

Agree...
I said in the original thread for this mod when it first came out that the screen should be on the same side as the fire button AND turned horizontal, with the +/- button below it. Simply move the thumb a little to view/use all the controls with the thumb.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread