The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Blu for $1

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by ricks, Jun 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smoked25years

smoked25years Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2018
    FT has 3 packs of Infinix pods for $7.61 shipped. Some other cheap pods as well. Today ShopMVG is doing BOGO on the jpods that fit the Juul. It works out to around $1.50 per pod. I haven't tried the Jpods or Fit. I've used an Infinix for over 4 months.

2. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    But Smok Infinix pods only last 3 to 5 refills (6ml to 15ml of juice) they say. :(

3. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    I suppose it depends on the liquid that you are using. I don't use any sweetener and I generally get a week out of them and could probably get more from them if I wanted. But that fits in your range since I vape about 2 ml per day (14 ml per week). I could rewick them but I don't bother. The design is similar to the Myblu except you have to remove the metal cap to get to the deck.

Smok Infinix

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Kat...I agree with you 158%...

After you (and DPL) mentioned them in another thread somewhere...I bought one...then two more...

It's tiny...and gives a quite satisfying MTL vaping experience...(I replaced my eGo AIO's with them for Out and About)…

Innokin Goby MTL ECIG Starter Kit

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. snkrumble

snkrumble Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    Ya i refill them, been doing that since the von erl. Just eh once i have to pay 10 bucks for two pods think im out is where im heading. thanks tho!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    For those who might like a more open draw for their Blu...

The center hole in the plug with coil can be drilled out to make for an easier draw. I used a 1.5mm bit. Careful or you'll mangle the coil...which I did. I was able to straighten it out with a coil tool. Reinsertion was successful...used my magnifying lamp.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    For those looking for cheap pod alternatives to the Myblu, PREGAME15 gets you 15% percent off at sleezebay today.

The airflow is good for me. But it's good to hear that you had good luck refitting the coil. I've been saving the used pods and will probably try to rebuild one. It will be a while before I run out of new kits though --haha!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. medleypat

medleypat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2016
    Frankfort Indiana
    Had to,do a warranty replacement have to say was painless and fairly fast to get my new one

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I think Blu may have to work a little on its Quality Control...

Of the 5 that I was able to order...(I found this thread a little "late")...2 fire intermittently...and a 3rd has a pretty unstable USB port...

At $1...it's certainly not anything worth upsetting myself about...

But...at $20...I'd probably have to go through all the work of getting replacements...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    It seems I've seen mentioned a couple of time that the Blu pods can be refilled 6 times. What happens after 6 refills?

11. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    The flavor goes downhill. But it really depends on the juice. My coffee flavors are getting way more than 6 refills. I've haven't had a single one worth tossing out yet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    You need to change the wick after about 6 refills. I've only had to change 2 wicks so far

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    They EXPLODE!!! :shock:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. casuald00d

casuald00d Senior Member ECF Veteran

i can't believe anyone is saying this thing is good or even decent...

i got multiple of these, the myblus, and every single one of them was just like you described. only it wasn't just a little at times because sometimes it was a lot. i'm talking a whole lot more juice in the mouth than i can accept. wow. disgusting. for $1, blu can keep their myblu. heck, i'll give them $1 if i never have to use one again. one of the worst e-juice vaping experiences of my life. seemed to lightweight OD me on nicotine after it repeatedly leaked large amounts into my mouth. deeeeefinitely not a vape i'd ever recommend. really. wowsers. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. puckhead

puckhead Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    I've got about 10 and not a single one spit or gurgled, even after multiple refills. Unfortunately the every single battery stopped working, either charging or firing after a few weeks. It's just too big of a hassle to deal with the warranty, and I never registered them. They might not even cover them in the great nanny state of CA. When they worked, they were beyond good. The were awesome. Great throat hit and I love the flavor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Sounds like their consistency/QC is bad.
    Also bought 10 and everyone leaks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    The Myblu for $1 is one of my best vaping purchases ever. In fact, I have over 60 of them. Not sure of the exact number. And unlike any other vape, they are all warrantied for life.

If you are getting juice in the mouth, you are probably sucking rather than inhaling from it. Take a slow even draw from it.

Also, if there is liquid trapped in the mouth piece, it won't go away until you do something about it. It's trapped there. You need to clean it just as you would do with a RTA. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the time to do minimal upkeep. Many seem to just expect it to fix itself. All you need to do is pop off the black mouth piece and rinse and dry. Takes 30 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I changed all the wicks in mine to Rayon. Seems to create better flavor in my opinion.

I find these are decent vapes... Not great, just decent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    I purchased a few to try out and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy them. The size and weight factor is a big plus for me and of course, for one dollar, how could you really go wrong?

I like them enough that I've even taken the time to re-wick a couple of the pods. A 16 ga needle fits perfectly through the coil should you need to adjust it btw.

While it doesn't produce the best flavor out of the many devices that I have, I do find myself still grabbing the blu quite often.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    Good to know. I've been using cotton bacon and have been really happy with the flavor. Haven't tried rayon on pods or RBAs.

They aren't perfect by any means... though I've yet to find a pod device that is perfect. If you kept the easy to take apart design of the pods and kept the battery ...but replaced the draw activation with the more sensitive draw activation from the Smok Infinix... and added the the tap to check battery from the Juul ...and added the cotton in the drip tip from the Juul... and added the temperature control from the Juul... and made it continuous voltage (I forget if it has that feature)... and made the pods easier to recoil... then it would be perfect for me.

Unfortunately, no pod device has all those features. And companies seem more focused on shapes and colors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.