Blu for $1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I really love this little device hell i tend to use it most of the day just so easy and low key. But man once the moment comes when i can not buy one at my local gas station for a $1 have a feeling I will quit using it. No way in hell I can find a valid way to pay 10 bucks for two pods. Rebuilding looks like a nightmare. Sucks starting to keep my eye out for a cheap aio device that takes coils for mtl stealth. I tried one of them joytech pen devices just not enough flavor at all very cool (neon lighting flashy) but just not much flavor. Pods systems are nice but man just so over priced hardcore.

FT has 3 packs of Infinix pods for $7.61 shipped. Some other cheap pods as well. Today ShopMVG is doing BOGO on the jpods that fit the Juul. It works out to around $1.50 per pod. I haven't tried the Jpods or Fit. I've used an Infinix for over 4 months.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
But Smok Infinix pods only last 3 to 5 refills (6ml to 15ml of juice) they say. :(

I suppose it depends on the liquid that you are using. I don't use any sweetener and I generally get a week out of them and could probably get more from them if I wanted. But that fits in your range since I vape about 2 ml per day (14 ml per week). I could rewick them but I don't bother. The design is similar to the Myblu except you have to remove the metal cap to get to the deck.

Smok Infinix

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
the Goby...it is a very small and stealthy little device. I like it VERY much. And bought multiples.

Kat...I agree with you 158%...

After you (and DPL) mentioned them in another thread somewhere...I bought one...then two more...

It's tiny...and gives a quite satisfying MTL vaping experience...(I replaced my eGo AIO's with them for Out and About)…

Innokin Goby MTL ECIG Starter Kit

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
You don't have to rebuild to refill. I've refilled and rewicked a couple of mine multiple times. I thought about rebuilding the coil but I just don't know enough and those coils are soo tiny! Even if you don't want to bother with a new wick you can 'supposedly' refill each pod 6 times. It's very easy to pop off the bottom, refill it and pop the bottom back on. I use a regular pair of tweezers to pry the bottom off.
Ya i refill them, been doing that since the von erl. Just eh once i have to pay 10 bucks for two pods think im out is where im heading. thanks tho!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
For those who might like a more open draw for their Blu...

The center hole in the plug with coil can be drilled out to make for an easier draw. I used a 1.5mm bit. Careful or you'll mangle the coil...which I did. I was able to straighten it out with a coil tool. Reinsertion was successful...used my magnifying lamp.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
For those looking for cheap pod alternatives to the Myblu, PREGAME15 gets you 15% percent off at sleezebay today.

For those who might like a more open draw for their Blu...

The center hole in the plug with coil can be drilled out to make for an easier draw. I used a 1.5mm bit. Careful or you'll mangle the coil...which I did. I was able to straighten it out with a coil tool. Reinsertion was successful...used my magnifying lamp.

The airflow is good for me. But it's good to hear that you had good luck refitting the coil. I've been saving the used pods and will probably try to rebuild one. It will be a while before I run out of new kits though --haha!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I think Blu may have to work a little on its Quality Control...

Of the 5 that I was able to order...(I found this thread a little "late")...2 fire intermittently...and a 3rd has a pretty unstable USB port...

At $1...it's certainly not anything worth upsetting myself about...

But...at $20...I'd probably have to go through all the work of getting replacements...

Last edited:

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2018
the states of unitedness
i can't believe anyone is saying this thing is good or even decent...

I got the $1 special.
Mine seems to leak/spit/gurgle a little while drawing.
Anyone else have this issue, or just mine?

i got multiple of these, the myblus, and every single one of them was just like you described. only it wasn't just a little at times because sometimes it was a lot. i'm talking a whole lot more juice in the mouth than i can accept. wow. disgusting. for $1, blu can keep their myblu. heck, i'll give them $1 if i never have to use one again. one of the worst e-juice vaping experiences of my life. seemed to lightweight OD me on nicotine after it repeatedly leaked large amounts into my mouth. deeeeefinitely not a vape i'd ever recommend. really. wowsers. lol

puckhead

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
I've got about 10 and not a single one spit or gurgled, even after multiple refills. Unfortunately the every single battery stopped working, either charging or firing after a few weeks. It's just too big of a hassle to deal with the warranty, and I never registered them. They might not even cover them in the great nanny state of CA. When they worked, they were beyond good. The were awesome. Great throat hit and I love the flavor.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I've got about 10 and not a single one spit or gurgled, even after multiple refills. Unfortunately the every single battery stopped working, either charging or firing after a few weeks. It's just too big of a hassle to deal with the warranty, and I never registered them. They might not even cover them in the great nanny state of CA. When they worked, they were beyond good. The were awesome. Great throat hit and I love the flavor.
    Sounds like their consistency/QC is bad.
    Also bought 10 and everyone leaks.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    i can't believe anyone is saying this thing is good or even decent...

i got multiple of these, the myblus, and every single one of them was just like you described. only it wasn't just a little at times because sometimes it was a lot. i'm talking a whole lot more juice in the mouth than i can accept. wow. disgusting. for $1, blu can keep their myblu. heck, i'll give them $1 if i never have to use one again. one of the worst e-juice vaping experiences of my life. seemed to lightweight OD me on nicotine after it repeatedly leaked large amounts into my mouth. deeeeefinitely not a vape i'd ever recommend. really. wowsers. lol

The Myblu for $1 is one of my best vaping purchases ever. In fact, I have over 60 of them. Not sure of the exact number. And unlike any other vape, they are all warrantied for life.

If you are getting juice in the mouth, you are probably sucking rather than inhaling from it. Take a slow even draw from it.

Also, if there is liquid trapped in the mouth piece, it won't go away until you do something about it. It's trapped there. You need to clean it just as you would do with a RTA. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the time to do minimal upkeep. Many seem to just expect it to fix itself. All you need to do is pop off the black mouth piece and rinse and dry. Takes 30 seconds.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    I purchased a few to try out and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy them. The size and weight factor is a big plus for me and of course, for one dollar, how could you really go wrong?

I like them enough that I've even taken the time to re-wick a couple of the pods. A 16 ga needle fits perfectly through the coil should you need to adjust it btw.

While it doesn't produce the best flavor out of the many devices that I have, I do find myself still grabbing the blu quite often.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    I changed all the wicks in mine to Rayon. Seems to create better flavor in my opinion.

I find these are decent vapes... Not great, just decent.

Good to know. I've been using cotton bacon and have been really happy with the flavor. Haven't tried rayon on pods or RBAs.

They aren't perfect by any means... though I've yet to find a pod device that is perfect. If you kept the easy to take apart design of the pods and kept the battery ...but replaced the draw activation with the more sensitive draw activation from the Smok Infinix... and added the the tap to check battery from the Juul ...and added the cotton in the drip tip from the Juul... and added the temperature control from the Juul... and made it continuous voltage (I forget if it has that feature)... and made the pods easier to recoil... then it would be perfect for me.

Unfortunately, no pod device has all those features. And companies seem more focused on shapes and colors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread