Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Yeah I don't know. I just ordered 20 kits and I don't have them yet. Nor have I ever vaped nic salts either. But I have vaped plenty of 18mg and 24mg nic juices though. :)

I've been trying to figure it out. They want either like 9 bucks per pod or it might be 9 bucks for two pods. Let's say say $4.50 per pod. Or like 3 bucks per ml of juice. Ouch! :shock:

They are $9 for two pods. $11 at Walgreens, talk about ouch, haha. But I used my points to get a pack of vanillas for $2, and they also sent me several $2 off coupons when I registered the battery. Still not a great price point but not horrible for me if I can refill them several times.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
EJuice.com

...trying to find refil pods/tanks for My Blu other than Blueberry & BlackBerry or Blue Ice.

Any help?

Edit: Well, heck...with Starter Kits for $1, I think I know where I'll get my replacement pods...

The Blu flavors appear to be Carolina tobacco, gold leaf tobacco, vivid vanilla, blueberry, cherry, mango apricot, blue ice, mint, and menthol. Gold leaf and vanilla are both great to me, and I likely won’t care about any of the other flavors. My girlfriend bought the blueberry pods and likes them a lot, but they taste like cough syrup to me. But don’t take my word for it, my palate has only ever truly liked RY4.

There were several Von Erl flavors too and also Cuttwood and other brands made pods for the Von Erls, too.

But yeah, I’m with you, I’ll just keep buying starter kits as long as I can find them for a buck.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
The Blu flavors appear to be Carolina tobacco, gold leaf tobacco, vivid vanilla, blueberry, cherry, mango apricot, blue ice, mint, and menthol. Gold leaf and vanilla are both great to me, and I likely won’t care about any of the other flavors. My girlfriend bought the blueberry pods and likes them a lot, but they taste like cough syrup to me. But don’t take my word for it, my palate has only ever truly liked RY4.

There were several Von Erl flavors too and also Cuttwood and other brands made pods for the Von Erls, too.

But yeah, I’m with you, I’ll just keep buying starter kits as long as I can find them for a buck.

Thanks!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Haha! I've thought about trying it but haven't so that's interesting to me.
    Well, I was trying to blow thru it to clear the gurgling and I think that I damaged the Actuating sensor on the first one. Maybe if I took the pod off first, haha.
    Heard about someone that tried to inhale from the wrong end and borked one.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    Well, I was trying to blow thru it to clear the gurgling and I think that I damaged the Actuating sensor on the first one. Maybe if I took the pod off first, haha.
    Heard about someone that tried to inhale from the wrong end and borked one.

Haha! I haven't tried that! My batteries are doing fine so far but I have so many of them that each one doesn't get used very much.

Although the Myblu does the job for me, it's definitely not the best device that I own. Probably not the worst either. It is certainly the cheapest!

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2013
    Mesa, AZ
    Your order has shipped!
    Picked up 3 MyBlu starter kits at Walgreens this morning and spent all day trying to get them to work. It appears that the 2 contacts on the pods are not contacting the 2 pins in the battery. If you push in really hard on the pod and hold it in they work ok. Otherwise, when you draw, the blu light lights up for about a second and a half then goes off. I figured for a buck I would try sacrificing one and tried a couple things with no luck. Made the little dimples on the battery that hold the pod in slightly deeper, bent the contacts on the pod slightly to contact the pins better and removed the gasket in the battery that the pod seats on. Contacts, pins, etc... cleaned with alcohol swab. I have a bunch of mods, tanks and recently started squonking so I am not new to all this. Just wanted to see what all the pod hype is about. Any suggestions?

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    I never vaped such high nic and it is very appealing. I also love the form factor.

I dont particularly care for the flavor (gold leaf), the heat, the loose draw or the liquid build up in the mouthpiece.

I would definitely recommend to someone looking to quit smoking, though.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Picked up 3 MyBlu starter kits at Walgreens this morning and spent all day trying to get them to work. It appears that the 2 contacts on the pods are not contacting the 2 pins in the battery. If you push in really hard on the pod and hold it in they work ok. Otherwise, when you draw, the blu light lights up for about a second and a half then goes off. I figured for a buck I would try sacrificing one and tried a couple things with no luck. Made the little dimples on the battery that hold the pod in slightly deeper, bent the contacts on the pod slightly to contact the pins better and removed the gasket in the battery that the pod seats on. Contacts, pins, etc... cleaned with alcohol swab. I have a bunch of mods, tanks and recently started squonking so I am not new to all this. Just wanted to see what all the pod hype is about. Any suggestions?

I had one kit like this, the pod didn’t really click into the battery and wasn’t making great contact. Switched it up with another kit and they both worked fine. For some reason that pod and battery just didn’t want to fit.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018

I'm not sure what to recommend other than opening another one so that you can rotate the pods and batteries to troubleshoot. I've used several of the kits from Walgreens and haven't seen that before.

I'm not sure this is the best device to see what all the hype is about. The Juul, Drop, and Air are probably more representative of the hype.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread