Blu has gone too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Sure, why not an ad that mocks the FDA, lists all the ingredients like lead and arsenic which are cigarettes. Then talks about how the FDA lies about there being anti freeze in e-juice. And then a scathing review of the chemicals that the FDA approved for our food supply. A total all out attack against the FDA and everybody who works there. Then give the FDA the middle finger and then take a deep draw off a Blu. "Don't be a Nanny State Sheep, vape Blu Cigs".

I would love to see this :)

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
The only part of their ad is the smoke anywhere part, because as we all know that just isn't true.
Also keep in mind that business people are watching these ads to procure their acceptability too. Next time a vaper comes into his restaurant he already knows it's OK because he saw the BLU commercial say so.

Part of good marketing is not only creating 'demand', but 'acceptability' too, esp. when hampered by local Gov't councils, anti-smoking lobbies, etc. who would rather see it banned. BLU ads influence most everyone.

Secondly vaping is not illegal in most jurisdictions. BLU has no control over political nutjobs passing insane bylaws.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Blu is going to be the end of vaping legally. They are drawing too much attention from the public to vaping. They will be the only reason the FDA messes with ecigs. I can't go a day without seeing one of their commercials or seeing them in a gas station or mall. I hear they have a Super Bowl commercial this year. Something needs to be done.

Hiding the fact that were vaping like a little kid hiding behind the house because hes done something wrong isnt the answer either.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
For me, the biggest issue the Pro Vaping Camp has faced is that the FDA was not forced to redact their original statements and guidance on e-cigs. Those statements/guides have been misused for too long by the Anti Vaping Camps. More's the pity that the ensuing court case with NJoy and Exponent's findings were not publicized or promoted but continued to be overlooked/ ignored by those who still tout the FDA's misinformation.

Even today when they know better, government agencies and quangos still use this outdated claptrap. And it this outdated claptrap that has caused us the most harm.

starr1349

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Alaska
I don't think Blu is gonna "ruin" vaping. If anything, I wish I had seen something like this years ago, that much sooner for me to "Rise from the Ashes" lol.
Look, Lorrillard is Big Tobacco, and I seriously doubt they bought Blu looking to lose money. The demise of the smokes is on the wall here in the US. Smoking is being regulated out of existence, and I think they BT, see the writing on the wall.
In my opinion for now "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" meaning I don't agree with BT, however if they are gonna take on the FDA they have bigger pockets than I do, so I am for them getting vaping more mainstream. I don't want them to have a monopoly, and I don't see that happening either. Blu isn't the only cig-a-like on the market, and they do have competition.
They want to start advertising on the cartoon channel, then that is a problem, or if they do a promo on Sesame Street.
At least their ad is mildly humorous. I can't stand the "feminine product" ads, or the pos-t-vac ones. Try explaining those ones to a room of preschoolers.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Everyone should subscribe to the legislation and news forums to keep up on things regarding regulation, etc. All the top people in our industry are posting and/or represented there. Become informed and join CASAA (even donate, if you can :) ).

The more of us that are informed, the better we can represent our cause to those that need to be educated and persuaded! :D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Advertising can increase the acceptance level of the public through knowledge of what vaping is, how it works, and by spreading the fact that it is safer by magnitudes than smoking cigarettes. I look at Blu as an injection of facts to increase public knowledge.

I have yet to have someone who asks me about my ecig express disdain after I explain what it is and how it works. Usually they tell me they are going to explain it to their relative who's tried to quit and failed. I give them a vendor card and the ECF website address and tell them to go to the website and read about it. It's mostly positive.

I have one relative who kept asking me, "When you going to quit that antifreeze thing?" Once I got him aside and explained the truth, his eyes brightened and he realized that ecigs were being propagandized.

armchairnomad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2013
Illinois
Anything that can be said about this post has been said...I just couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of the original post. "...gone too far"? Because they're advertising their vaping product to make people aware of a safer alternative to smoking? If it weren't for their commercials, I wouldn't have started vaping and i'd still be smoking cigarettes on a daily basis. Just absurd.

el lobo furtivo

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Akron, OH
What if ProVari ran a Superbowl ad .. ??

I would probably seriously pee my pants. Where's that picture of Katherine Heigl showing hers off? She could be their spokesperson.

I think any ecig advertising on main stream media is a good thing. What's the first thing a consumer does these days when they see a product they're interested in? They Google it. What pops up when you start typing "ecig" into Google? This site. Maybe those commercials send someone out to the gas station to buy a Blu kit. That's awesome, regardless of who's pocket the money is going to, one less person is using analogs. But more than likely, they're ending up here. Where they're being educated. Knowledge is power and there is strength in numbers.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
...so if it's civil war they want, it's civil war they'll get. Who's side are you on, Thomas Jefferson's or the FDA? It's time to take a stand. Don't be a nanny state sheep. Stand out from the herd, an rise from the ashes.

You know, it might be possible to do a YouTube kind of thing mocking them relentlessly. I know a guy who does that sort of deal....hmmm.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Originally Posted by EricHill78

We're all adults here.

Rise from the ashes.

You are going to try to say that their isn't a kid in the country that hasn't seen that add? It will shut vaping down just like smoking adds have done with cigarettes ........... here comes the "sin tax", and the "we gotta do something" syndrome.

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    I know one thing. Aspartame causes birth defects and is a carcinogen, sugar does neither. This agency is worthless and should be smashed.

They are flunkies and deserve to have their funding whittled down to nothing. Worthless and wasteful. Garbage.

You advocate no Governmental oversight on anything .. ?? Really .. ??

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread