The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bring Back the GG Grant or not?

Discussion in 'The GG' started by Lisaf01, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:

Do you want the GG Grant back in production?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. T-Hefner

T-Hefner Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Imeo,
    Thanks friend. I cant wait to get one....or maybe two! Do you plan on changing anything from the original? Little updating? Or will it be pretty much the same?

-Tim

2. boomboom

boomboom Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Hopefully, it will only take protected 14500, protected 3.0 volt Cr2's and protected 3.6 volt CR2's. My protected 3.0 volt CR2's are just a hair too long for my Grant and I can't screw on the cap all the way to use them.

More movement in the centre pole would accomplish this to accomodate protected and unprotected batteries.

3. TommyGunBC

TommyGunBC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2009
    Vancouver B.c.
    Why bother to bring back the Grant , let Imeo come up with something truly new and innovative like the GGTS , mabye something that is a 5 volt device built in resistor mabye .

4. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    You mean changes to GGTS or to AFS Tim?

5. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    We dont need 5 volt vaping anymore Tommy my friend, we have HV atomizers now that last longer than a regular one at 5 volts and they have better hit and taste too, so this 5 volt vaping is demode now:)

6. boomboom

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
  7. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    ps...... thanks for the support friend:)

8. Wafflestomper

Wafflestomper Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I saw a thread one time where they had made a resistor disc out of some kind of magnet or somesuch.

One could use it to make 6v into 5 or 7.4 into 6.something volts (which I'd like).

I can't seem to find the thread though :/

And I gotta say... sometimes 5v will make some juices taste just right...would like to try it with an i3.

I still want to know why I am cursed with atties.

9. boomboom

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    i3 is very nice at 5 volts Waffle!!!!

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    i6 at 6 volts have better result and taste Waffle. Dont spend your time with 5 volts any more:)

11. boomboom

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    I too agree.....i6 at 6 volts is better IMHO

12. Wafflestomper

Wafflestomper Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

lol okay Imeo, Ill take your word for it. Was mostly thinking 5v with the carts tho. I still say though... sometimes... 5v is good... but sometimes 6 is good, and 7...even 3... just depends on the juice and the mood.

I'll go back to i6 atties as soon as I get rid of all these i7's...

If anyone wants i7's Ill be happy to trade or sell them off. I am cursed with them.

13. Jumi

Jumi Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Athens, Greece
    Imeo, do you know when there will be available again? I am on my last i6 :cry:

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I will not make them again Jumi exept China send me the right stuff and thats it!!! I am very angry with them and with all people that dont do their job right. I dont want to be responsible for the others mistakes. I am very angry too today with the Greek meltery. I dont want to say more, I am just waiting :mad:

15. Jumi

Feb 9, 2010
    Athens, Greece
    I hope everything turns right for you Imeo. And it will, luck is with the brave and hard working like you.

16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Exactly as you said Jumi my friend. I dont like to play safe because its not the way to be on top. I like to make new and better things always:)

17. Jumi

Feb 9, 2010
    Athens, Greece
    Imeo, I am vaping my 510 AFS :):):):):)

Just now, I followed the instructions you gave me on the phone the other day about modifying AFS for 510 and it worked great!

Just the metal mouthpiece does not fit (510 on an adapter is bigger than 901) so I am using a 901 mouthpiece filled with polyester. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I cant believe I was bored to try it all these days.

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    exellent Jumi!! I cant try it the way you did it because I dont have those adapters but I am very glad that the instructions worked good:toast::toast:

19. T-Hefner

T-Hefner Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Imeo,
    I meant, Do you plan on updating or changing anything on the NEW Grant that you will be releasing? Or will it pretty much be the same as the original GG Grant? I am just wondering if ya plan on updating something, switch, or atomizer adapter..... or whatever....

-Tim

20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Just slimmer Tim, nothing else. Simple and Slim:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.