Chain Vaping-Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0time

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Hi all,

I know this has probably been covered before, and I read the newbie vapor guide here. Since starting to vape 4 days ago I haven't had a single cig. Yay! However, I vape continuously throughout the day (18mg-25mg juice, 4-5ml per day) The guide says I may need a new more powerful product. I've started with the ego-c and just ordered an ego twist 1000mAH and a vivi nova.

The thing is, I think even with a stronger vape I will want to continuously do it. I really like it. My wife, coworkers, friends are supportive of my trying to stop smoking, but are critical of my chain-vaping.

So my question is, do you limit yourself with vaping? Do you try to only vape at certain times, or only take a certain number of drags per time?

Thanks!

skwerrel

Verified Member
May 27, 2012
usa
You're doing what most of us do at first, it usually lasts about a month or so (give or take)----it becomes like an electric binky lol. 24 mg is a good start level for a high moderate to heavy smoking hx. It will even out in the future. Go with it, your replacing an old habit with a new one, and the similarity helps. Your body will tell you if your over niccing - nausea is the first clue....then just back it down or switch to a lower juice for a bit.

Last edited:

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
All you really get is a bigger dependency on nicotine. That is the only thing that worries me. I went to a friends house to watch a movie and couldnt make it through without wanting to vape in the middle. I could go a couple hours without a cigarette.

Look, yes I am glued to my PV. But in some occasions I wasn't able to vape for 4-8 hours and it didn't cause me anything similar to sort of panick attacks like I would have when I was smoking and couldn't get a smoke right away.

I am not as dependant to nicotine as I used to be when smoking.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
I seem to be okay vaping ALOT on 18 or 24mg juice or cartridges. If I want to sit there and just puff puff puff I have some 6mg that works for such applications.

I guess what I would say to people is something like "would you rather I die on cigs or live with vapes?" that's what I would say.

Think about how nicotine patches work:
You start out on a 24mg patch that is delivering nicotine constantly.Every second of every minute of every hour.
Then you step it down to 14mg then 7mg.
What I am saying is that logically you really couldn't vape the equivalent of a what nicotine patch does.

That's just what my logic says, tho.

Stay with it and good luck! :)

Timmyboy

Moved On
Sep 21, 2012
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: shilling is not allowed

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
When I first started vaping I was getting headaches all the time. Too much nic. But I still vape heavy although maybe not quite as much. 24mg. If I chain smoked cigarettes like this I would reach a point much faster that I had to stop.
We aren't absorbing as much nic with vaping and that's why we go at it so hard. I can go long periods of time without vaping if I'm doing other stuff but I could not go very long without a cig.

rdbeads

Jun 17, 2012
oregon
You aren't vaping as much as you think you are if you are going through 4-5ml a day. I go through 9 + a day, every day. I started with 12mg and am now making my juices between 5 and 8 mg of nicotine. I have no desire to go any lower. I like some nicotine in my body.

Just tell everyone to mind their own business. It is your life after all. If your body starts telling you to slow down, listen to it. I have been vaping for almost 6 months now and continue to feel better every day.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
I vape most all day - 4-5 mls at about 36mg (I mix my own). No nausea or withdrawals experienced. If I am not vaping, I do not have the same cravings as when I was hooked on analogs. I suppose I will decrease the strength eventually, but as mentioned earlier, you absorb less nicotine from vaping than you do with analogs.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
I was the same way for a few months. It got to the point where I couldn't fall asleep. I started stepping down, and in the evenings when I would be chain-vaping the most I had some low nic or no nic joose and that really helped. I would strongly recommend stepping down off the nicotine. I'm off nic completely now, and I don't vape near as often anymore. If you do it slow enough, you won't even realize you're getting less nic. Pretty cool

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nobody tells me anything, but I know I'm chain vaping when I can't be more than 5 minutes without vaping. Put it down, or in a pocket. Exhale. Have something to eat, shower, go for a walk. I've been able to down my vaping to 6 ml a day. Keep two fully filled devices near (I keep two Phoenix 3 ml carts ready). Truth is, nic from vaping gets absorbed slower, so your body needs to compensate. When you're ready to go down in mg you'll be able to put more VG into your mix and vape more.

I vape incessantly too, and I notice when I've had too much and I stop for a while... but I practically chain smoked (like 1 every half hour- 1 hour). When I've had to much I get a bit jittery and restless. I have heart palpitations and I notice that they become more prevalent when my nic levels are a bit high... I also vape very sweet juice (it's just so tasty!) so that may have something to do with it, considering I'm hypo-glycemic

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
I have to agree ... my husband and I are at 5 weeks with NO analogs what-so-ever and it indeed IS like having a comforting "binkie" at your beck and call. I agree with Guitarman on the no nic juice ... I always keep around some zero stuff ... If I feel the need to continuously vape ... I just load a tank up and vape to my hearts content. I have discovered in a short amount of time, I have to do what works best for me ... and if vaping got me off of smoking, then so be it! Nothing else ever worked as well ... it took me 20 years to quit smoking, so I don't know how long it will take me to quit vaping or that I want to right now, because YES, it is still VERY new. As for the people getting on you about chain vaping, just tell them at least I'm only inhaling a few ingredients instead of the hundreds or thousands that could kill you ... again, do what works for you, if chain vaping is keeping you off analogs for now and you're enjoying your new lifestyle, then so be it.

And BTW, congrats on staying away from the analogs ... just gotta take it one day at a time. :thumbs:

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I vape a lot when I am at the computer or have time on my hands and nothing much to do. I vape at 4mg nic and don't get over nicced at all.

When I started I tried 18mg nic and was sick right off so I bought the same juices at 6mg nic and mixed them down to 12 and was good there for a couple of months. Then I needed to go down again, so went to 9. Stayed there for nearly a year and moved to 6 and then 4.

When I am busy, or driving long distances, or working with my hands I don't feel the need to vape except to get a hit once in awhile.

I seldom take a PV with me now running errands and I don't get antzy to get back home to vape at all. I'm ADHD and up in years so I feel that some nic in my body is a good thing for me. It helps me focus much better than none, and I feel much more comfortable. I do not plan to go to zero nic, ever.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I thought I vaped a lot... I only go thru 2-4ml a day. I have my PV in my hand almost 24 hours a day. I don't sleep much but when I do sleep, a couple of times a day, my PV is still in my hand when I awake. I vape only 2 different liquids, one is 16mg and the other is 18mg. I can't imagine vaping more than 5ml a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread