Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltatics.

I don't want to make work for your hubby, Lizzie, but I dig them out, cut them up and burn them for firewood. It's either that or use a stump grinder.

Rave, nice solution for dispensing kanthal. The problem I have is that I use everything from 33ga down to 28ga and now I'm adding nickle and titanium as well.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Your organizer is amazing, RAven. I'm so impressed. It looks fabulous and so nicely made.

Hubby is on a roll. He replaced the toilet valve when he got home last night so it no longer leaks.

He wanted to know if we were going to cut down the little poplar tonight when he gets home from work. He got some stump remover to use on it and the willow stump. You put this stuff in the tree and then, in 4 weeks, you add kerosene and the tree stump burns up, I guess.

Thanks Lizzie! :)

YAY! for no more leaking toilet valve. :thumb:

moanin', Voltatics.

I don't want to make work for your hubby, Lizzie, but I dig them out, cut them up and burn them for firewood. It's either that or use a stump grinder.

Rave, nice solution for dispensing kanthal. The problem I have is that I use everything from 33ga down to 28ga and now I'm adding nickle and titanium as well.

I've got over 300 stumps here. Wanna dig 'em up for me? :lol: Ma Nature is slow, but she does a darned good job. I just let her have the task.

My goofy little dispenser can be used on any size of Kanthal, but I generally only use 32 gauge. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to design a box that could handle multiple spools.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Like I don't have enough to do here on my five acres so I'm going to drive all the way east to dig up stumps in your woods:)

Looks like I might have enough money to get my shade cover. Cross your fingers. I want Hubby and I to measure, make a plan and run up to Hoofbeat gates and corrals early next week.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Like I don't have enough to do here on my five acres so I'm going to drive all the way east to dig up stumps in your woods:)

Looks like I might have enough money to get my shade cover. Cross your fingers. I want Hubby and I to measure, make a plan and run up to Hoofbeat gates and corrals early next week.

Actually, I was challenging Awsum for that small task. :laugh:

Terry's on her way for a visit. I'm thinking that her trip here is a rocky one. LOTS or thunder and lightning goin' on in my neck of the woods. I like it, but it isn't so hot for driving. We had a small tree fall across the driveway that I saw come down through surveillance. My DIL went out and kicked the broken chunks outta the way. Turns out that it was small enough that she could've just driven over it. Hard to tell through the camera ... :unsure:

There's another stump for ya, Awsum. :laugh:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I could use some of the exercise that digging a few stumps would give, but not 500 stumps worth!

The problem with my kanthal is that I have every size, 34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29 and 28 and use them all at various times. Now I'm adding nickel in 28 and 30 and might try 32 if I can find it tempered. Then I want to try titanium in 28 and 30. That would make a holder more of a desktop I think.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Well, I started out trying them all in various atomizers and have found that some work best depending on the atomizer. CE3s get 33 or 34 guge depending on my mood. The physically bigger ones vary according to what resistance/turns level I'm looking for. Plus it's handy to have them all, just in case.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
I finished cutting the back of the box to mount the heatsink, placed all parts on it and ready for cables, after that i will mount the whole panel on the back.
I also mounted the 600VA transformer and the PSU board. It seems it's a tight fit, have to figure out where to place two 10.000μF capacitors and make holes at the front for a switch, pots, volt and amp meter (missing a volt meter yet from ebay).

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I could use some of the exercise that digging a few stumps would give, but not 500 stumps worth!

The problem with my kanthal is that I have every size, 34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29 and 28 and use them all at various times. Now I'm adding nickel in 28 and 30 and might try 32 if I can find it tempered. Then I want to try titanium in 28 and 30. That would make a holder more of a desktop I think.

That would be problematic! :laugh: Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I love my 32 gauge because I know just how many coils I need for each application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread