Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I've been watching those Threads about different flavors we'd like to see. Well, I behaved myself and kept quiet. But I just can't do it no more.

I'd like to see McIlhenny Tabasco Pepper Sauce juice. And if David and Pam could come up with a Fried Catfish vape that would be wonderful

But I feel like the deep South tastes need to be addressed and these are them.
Throw in some okra vape and I'd be in hog heaven!

You want deep South? How bout fried (not boiled) crawfish?

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
No biscuits with sausage gravy? grits? roadkill stew?
I'd never have to eat again!
Well ... mostly anyhow. Still need fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
I sure do like fine foods. My wife can really cook things like that.

She just walked in the room and is all cleaned up from the Lube Rack and is wearing her black Spandex pants. I like to watch when she sits down and 30 seconds later her thighs quit jiggling.

She went on a diet one time but it didn't work. She bought 2 cases of SlimFast and sat down and drank it all in a day and a half and put on eleven pounds. Poor gal.

So vaping all these foods would be real good for her.

And Ab, we boil our crawdads. Just gotta do that.

Last edited:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Well I have to admit, I didn't take much time to notice with her boot on my throat... running for my life... undoing the leather "necktie" she made out of my briefcase...

The dogs really liked her. I could almost swear that as I walk past one now, they bark; "when is she coming back":blush:

Were her boots nice? :laugh: :laugh:

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
You know when I first came to the south I really had no idea that grits really existed. I thought they were something along the lines of grub. Now I actually eat and like them :)

I've tasted grits in the past, but it was all gross and tasteless. But, I gave it another shot when we were on vacation in Charleston this year. THe first restaurant, my hubby ordered and I tasted it. It looked good but tasteless. We than tried it on a Culinary tour downtown. Holy crap I had some good tasting grits. Than I tried shrimp and grits the night before we left. That was soooooooo good. My hubby actually bought a bag of the good slow cooking stuff for home. The kids don't like them, but that's more for us.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I've tasted grits in the past, but it was all gross and tasteless. But, I gave it another shot when we were on vacation in Charleston this year. THe first restaurant, my hubby ordered and I tasted it. It looked good but tasteless. We than tried it on a Culinary tour downtown. Holy crap I had some good tasting grits. Than I tried shrimp and grits the night before we left. That was soooooooo good. My hubby actually bought a bag of the good slow cooking stuff for home. The kids don't like them, but that's more for us.

I am from Charleston and am familiar with the Shrimp and Grits that you speak of. I think that you have to aquire a taste for grits. They really are good with eggs that are cooked om or ol. You have to have a little bit of the yoke runny to mix with the grits.

BTW- I married a southern boy and he taught me these things :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
And I'm hoping to get there again to have another helping. What a beautiful city. My son will be doing bootcamp in SC Feb 28th. So We'll be down there for his graduation. Depending on the budget, Charleston is 2 hours away. We may have to do a day trip there. Of course there'll be a fight on which restaurants to hit.

You can actually make it from Ft. Jackson to Charleston in 1.5 hours :)

I moved to the upstate a few years back to help with my aging mom. Now our son had our first and only grandson 2 years ago so we are trying to sell our house here and move back :)
We visit quite often but in reality it is a beautiful city problem is that everyone thinks so and it is really getting overcrowded.

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
You can actually make it from Ft. Jackson to Charleston in 1.5 hours :)

I moved to the upstate a few years back to help with my aging mom. Now our son had our first and only grandson 2 years ago so we are trying to sell our house here and move back :)
We visit quite often but in reality it is a beautiful city problem is that everyone thinks so and it is really getting overcrowded.

You just made my day. I didn't really research too much, just a quick glimpse of the maps and mileage estimate. I'm gonna have to vape less and save more to get there. At least the crowding was polite. I hope it stays that way. Crowded up here gets nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread