Cloupor 30W Box Mod OWNERS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
I am enjoying mine but it does have some quirks.

Ohm reading off by .1.

Sometimes it takes more than one click of the fire button to bring it out of sleep mode.

Screen will turn on on its own. I've seen this happen twice.

"Check battery" comes on and stops firing at 3.4 volts rather than at 3.1 listed in the specs.

I bought this to be my carry around in my pocket at work vape. I didn't expect it to be perfect. As long as it keeps working I can live with the quirks.

Edit: I realized that I only listed the negatives. On the positive side it fired everything I put on it and the vape is just as enjoyable as the real DNA 30 I own.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I am enjoying mine but it does have some quirks.

Ohm reading off by .1.

Sometimes it takes more than one click of the fire button to bring it out of sleep mode.

Screen will turn on on its own. I've seen this happen twice.

"Check battery" comes on and stops firing at 3.4 volts rather than at 3.1 listed in the specs.

I bought this to be my carry around in my pocket at work vape. I didn't expect it to be perfect. As long as it keeps working I can live with the quirks.

Edit: I realized that I only listed the negatives. On the positive side it fired everything I put on it and the vape is just as enjoyable as the real DNA 30 I own.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What battery are you using? How many cycles? I took a VCT4 down to 3.3v without seeing check battery, and vaped a little more before I became impatient and charged it, I wanted to drain it and check voltage but couldn't wait...

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
What battery are you using? How many cycles? I took a VCT4 down to 3.3v without seeing check battery, and vaped a little more before I became impatient and charged it, I wanted to drain it and check voltage but couldn't wait...

Sony vtc4. Two different batteries, same results. Checked with a Fluke multimeter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

dZXn

Nov 11, 2013
Costa Mesa
BTW, I did some voltage tests on the battery, I charged at 3.3v when the battery bar was depleted, never seen a check battery or weak battery just got impatient waiting for it, but at full charge it stopped at 4.26v so no overcharging is happening.

Curly, how did you check the battery voltage after the charge? 4.26 is considered over charged from many battery manufacturers. I wonder how the device is charging and if it is using a charge that is good for the batteries. My black ChNA30 is coming from Elev8 tomorrow and I can't wait.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Do all these hana like box mods use the same chip , Fasttech has a hana type clone but it says it has a built in battery , didn't mention replaceable batteries which i found odd .

http://link.e-cigarette-forum.com/fasttech/?url=www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1722000

I like dealing with 101 vape and will hopefully order one from them but i see other vendors have offered an identical looking device , what are the differences?

Thank you

They are Hcigar 101 has cloupor versions idk if the share the same chip or not because So many different companies are doing these clones

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
They are Hcigar 101 has cloupor versions idk if the share the same chip or not because So many different companies are doing these clones

Who is selling HCigars ? I trust 101 , don't know what a Clouper version is but if 101 is dealing them thats good enough for me . Seems all these types have very similar specs , is it really only name differences ?

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
Curly, how did you check the battery voltage after the charge? 4.26 is considered over charged from many battery manufacturers. I wonder how the device is charging and if it is using a charge that is good for the batteries. My black ChNA30 is coming from Elev8 tomorrow and I can't wait.

Seeing that slightly worries me. I don't really want them being charged past 4.22-23... But on that same token it would be a massive hassle to take the battery out every time to swap to another. But if it consistently overcharges then I will do what I gotta do. I guess every one may be a bit different. I am going to run mine down to where it says it is dead and then check it, then charge it in the mod and check it again when it says it is charged.

dZXn

Nov 11, 2013
Costa Mesa
I don't really like them going over 4.2, but the only thing usually affected by overcharge is a decrease in service life span. I dropped my i2 charger when I got into mechs because it was charging to 4.28 on a regular basis. The safe(r) chemistry batteries seem pretty durable but I don't want to push my luck.

I was already going to replace the screws with thumb screws so I could swap batteries instead of plugging in on long drives. I am still incredibly antsy for my box to arrive and think I will use the hell out of it even if I always have to swap batteries. I'm just going to check mine before I get too comfortable plugging it in to charge.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA

I used a voltage meter it's not exact. Like I said about a 0.05v difference. My standalone charger gives me the same reading when fully charged. Don't worry guys it's not overcharging ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread