Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
is it 13V or 13W?

The highest voltage possible with the Darwin is 13v. (Technically 12.99 or something like that). As I said before, I'm not sure what it would take to actually get to that point.

I'm not exactly sure what the highest wattage setting is at this time. I think it may have changed since the revision I have. Parallex2 has one of the newer ones, so maybe he can tell you.

The max power output for the version I had was 13 watts. Evolv can set the output anywhere they want when they program the board, the problem is if you go too high, you wont have an atty or carto that would work on it. At 13 watts, my voltage was around 6.1-6.3 on the unit I was using with the cartos I was using. I dont know what the highest setting is now that they are on rev 5 of the board.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
I just wanted to address the issue of the built-in battery. For some people, yes, this could be a problem. I think it will be a relatively small group, though. Since the Darwin has a standard USB mini plug power connection, you'd need to be away from any power source (wall plugs, computers, car cigarette plugs) for 1-3 days at a time, based on the real-world charge durations that have been noted. And since you can buy reasonably cheap battery backups (or build them for even cheaper), I really don't see the built-in battery being more than a slight inconvenience, at most. I used to have a Janty Stick as my primary device, and because it had a USB power plug, I never ran into a dead battery, even though the Stick only has a tiny 10440.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Think this puppy would take the MAP tank mod?

They changed the elbow atty connector for the production unit, so it's different than the one I have. But even with mine, using a 510-510 adapter (Vendors use them for eGo charging adapters) would allow you to use one.

I plan to, if those MAP tank mods ever get stocked again... as well as one of those Ato-Misers that nHaler has.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
They changed the elbow atty connector for the production unit, so it's different than the one I have.

Changed how? In form or just function, i.e. turns the unit on and off? Is it still a brass swivel attachment, or do you know if they changed the locative aesthetics or ergonomics somehow? Thanks!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Changed how? In form or just function, i.e. turns the unit on and off? Is it still a brass swivel attachment, or do you know if they changed the locative aesthetics or ergonomics somehow? Thanks!

Changed as in instead of the press-fit 510 connector I have on mine, they are machining the connectors instead.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I had an opportunity to try the Darwin last night at the NYC vape meet.

This thing is pure awesomeness. Really cool.

It's much smaller than I thought it was gonna be. From the pics it looked like a subway brick, when in fact it's much smaller than that.

Did Drew let you try out an Ato-Miser on it? :)

I had an opportunity to try the Darwin last night at the NYC vape meet.

This thing is pure awesomeness. Really cool.

It's much smaller than I thought it was gonna be. From the pics it looked like a subway brick, when in fact it's much smaller than that.

I am glad to see others are finally getting the chance to try out the Darwin and are liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread