Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
My thoughts exactly. If I need the watts, I have the ability, and if I don't use the watts, I will have an extremely long time on my 2 18650's. The thing that drove home my choice for the IPV3, was the spring loaded 510 pin. No screwing it in and out to make contact.Plus, the water resistant thing.
I thought the water resistant design was cool at first. Then I thought to myself. Where is all that heat going to escape ?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
For me I decided to play it safe and go with the dual battery which was the deciding factor. 50w would no doubt of been more watts than I currently need but for the price difference of a little bit more than a trip through a Mcdonalds drive through with the wife and kids it seemed reasonable to just get the bigger IPV3 Of course with where I am currently at it is overkill, but the unit definitely has more than enough room to grow into if ever need too.

I think the iPV III is an excellent pick , comes with a one year warranty as well , hope you enjoy it .

My thoughts exactly. If I need the watts, I have the ability, and if I don't use the watts, I will have an extremely long time on my 2 18650's. The thing that drove home my choice for the IPV3, was the spring loaded 510 pin. No screwing it in and out to make contact.Plus, the water resistant thing.

If the iPV III comes with the water resistant feature thats also a + , at least until proven otherwise . I, for the life of me still can't figure out why they continue to put the ventilation holes on the bottom where they are blocked when you set it down.

The only other thing that i wish they would get rid of is that long worthless plastic window on the side opposite the screen .

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I think the iPV III is an excellent pick , comes with a one year warranty as well , hope you enjoy it .

If the iPV III comes with the water resistant feature thats also a + , at least until proven otherwise . I, for the life of me still can't figure out why they continue to put the ventilation holes on the bottom where they are blocked when you set it down.

The only other thing that i wish they would get rid of is that long worthless plastic window on the side opposite the screen .
I could never figure out how to vape with a device sitting on the table :D

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I could never figure out how to vape with a device sitting on the table :D
The question isn't vaping on the table...it's sealing it.. I personally prefer wall vaping, but I have random gaskets all over my house, most glued in place- so I know those pesky holes won't get anything in them..

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
That is my way of thinking as well. I was and am still not sure if the water resistant was added to this device I know it was a thing on the ipv2s I hope it is though.

don't forget the smy god mod...it's ugly as hell, but 3 batteries...shooo

Today's battle! Tomorrow's recycle!:)

lol

A local b&m mentioned that they were going to get the god box in the store. The three batteries I guess is the selling feature for people that are hitting higher watts and changing a battery out 3 times a day. I would like to check one out in the store though.

Thanks Herb I think I made a fine choice too. I wish it was in the mail, but the price is right, the warranty is 12 mths, and the popularity of the IPV2 should make the 3 a fine device, and hopefully it is bug free lol.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
That is my way of thinking as well. I was and am still not sure if the water resistant was added to this device I know it was a thing on the ipv2s I hope it is though.

lol

A local b&m mentioned that they were going to get the god box in the store. The three batteries I guess is the selling feature for people that are hitting higher watts and changing a battery out 3 times a day. I would like to check one out in the store though.

Thanks Herb I think I made a fine choice too. I wish it was in the mail, but the price is right, the warranty is 12 mths, and the popularity of the IPV2 should make the 3 a fine device, and hopefully it is bug free lol.

Is there an English speaking video on any of these yet? I didn't bother with looking at the videos for this stuff after the ipv1&2 videos..it hurt my brain translating it, while retaining information.

The IPV3 is going to have the "added features" of the 2s. My seam on my IPV2 has gotten worse...it's more noticeable on the sides, and I can bend it, similar to phil's review.(learned I am a fanboi of the ipv2 in the past few weeks:()

I love the touch sensor location with the IPV2..I really hope the shape of the IPV3 makes it feel that much better..

Bugs...I don't know about that. If it used the same regulation as the IPV's before it, I would assume there would be no bugs. Unfortunately, you're a guinea pig with the chip..but I know your mod quality will be what it should be, and the chip also (just a higher probability of the first batches having issues- I have faith in yihi though).

I haven't had issues with my chip..only my 510 screw being tightened/loosened by atomizers- I've seen two fireballs/arcs shoot out since I received mine..and touch sensor got messed up - by liquid getting in the seam..don't use a tobh, omega, or plume veil(edit all but the tobh can be used as a single coil, so easier to keep airhole pointed away from seam or top of mod), just to be safe..not cuz they leak easily from tipping, but atomizers spit...easily unnoticed..but like mentioned before, you won't have this issue - hopefully. I shouldn't have had it either..but it's my fault I guess..trusting a high wattage mod maker to be aware of the hazards of vaping e-liquid.

But a lot of people are coming in with issues on their ipv's...and they seem to be all across the board in the possibilities...luckily all of us get to send our mods in, so you all may get a pristine product after they troubleshoot the issues.:)

Last edited:

Raztax

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2014
Nova Scotia
I've been looking at the same models and going back and forth myself. I think I have finally settled on waiting for the iPV 3 to be released. I doubt I will ever need 150W, but two batteries plus improvements over the iPV 2 (like the back cover screws), will be a big plus. Also the ability to upgrade the firmware is a HUGE plus! I'm not thinking of the ability to go to even higher wattage, but rather the possibility of user created/modified firmware.

Waiting patiently for release and user reviews.....

fcreeves

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Vegas
I've got a Sigelei 100 coming in next weekish from an $87 group buy. The co-op admin just got samples a few days ago and it seems solid. You can see pics reddit ecrgroupbuy...look at the newest Sigelei 100 thread.

He reports the magnets are strong and I'm actually more excited about the Sigelei than the $100 Elev8vape T8 wait.

I don't know what the hate toward Cloupor is? I feel for those that got early models, but my Cloupor Cana is solid. Making it upgradable is what made me pull the trigger on $100 Elev8vape T8 wait...Cana anticipation all over again. Cloupor made 10 firmware revisions I believe, and a few of those were to market demands.

If these untested Cloupor boards are good, then it should be a happy ending. I waited 5 days (birthday) after Elev8vape started the pre-order, so I ended up being order # 98xx, in turn, if it's anything like the Cana Craze, it should be good...but I have faith that Cloupor is going to make it right from the gate this time?

Edit: Cloupor updating the T5 September 16th...?

Will Cloupor be doing this across the board...the ZNA as well?

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Or a wrap
3f82d17d5b7a368ec24b2472a8c85c9d.jpg

Only good picture of IPV2 and taj ji.. I'm getting a 2six with a 30mm taj.. gonna be nice..

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Or a wrap
3f82d17d5b7a368ec24b2472a8c85c9d.jpg

Only good picture of IPV2 and taj ji.. I'm getting a 2six with a 30mm taj.. gonna be nice..

Looks very nice Kyle, post up the other pics when you do. :drool: I was going to say a wrap but then then my mind went another step. Is that a Jwrap? Sucks to hear about the issues with the 2 you are having, but at least you are not hurting on other equipment.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Custom jwrap..artwork by Kris D..he seems to be losing his mind with his geometric tattoos..but one of my favorite artists that's alive. J Garcia and him collaborate really well..

Lol...but that gus's switch is broken, my 4nine is lost, atomo magnets broken, and hammer 510 is a piece of wire..I have two turtle ships- one infinite v2 and tobeco v1. They work great.

Did you just guess with my name? I don't remember giving out my social.

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
... As a noob to such power how often will I be wishing I could move on past 50w in the future? ...

If you are using rebuildables--especially RDA's, not so much RTA's--I think you will find that they really shine between 50w and 100w. I found that I get the most out of my mechanical mod between .2 and .4 ohms. If you move to drippers I think you will really enjoy the ability to go up to 100w, even if you do not use that much power all the time. I think between 30w and 50w is the best all day vape, but 90w, 100w, or even higher is definitely a fun vape when using drippers.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
If you are using rebuildables--especially RDA's, not so much RTA's--I think you will find that they really shine between 50w and 100w. I found that I get the most out of my mechanical mod between .2 and .4 ohms. If you move to drippers I think you will really enjoy the ability to go up to 100w, even if you do not use that much power all the time. I think between 30w and 50w is the best all day vape, but 90w, 100w, or even higher is definitely a fun vape when using drippers.

So far I am on the Nautilus mini and some kanger aero tanks but I have a Russian clone coming and plan on trying a RDA

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer

The Gus estia can handle some heat.. just saying..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread