The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

P4U/ IPV3 150w Owners Discussion / A Place to Discuss Concerns and Performance of the IPV3

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fictitious Character, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. killahz

killahz Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Illinois
    I don't have calipers :(

2. MattB101

MattB101 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Wonder if the main board is still a YiHi SX300 V3? The may explain the daughter card. Is the 510 connected to the new top board?

Sent while sitting on my busted butt. Stay off the ice if you can't skate. I can't and didn't.

3. MattB101

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    And if it is the touch sensor and not used can you just snatch it out of there?

Sent while sitting on my busted butt. Stay off the ice if you can't skate. I can't and didn't.

4. MattB101

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Has anyone here replaced the screws with magnets on the back of their IPV3? If possible can you provide a little guidance and maybe a few pics? It would be much appreciated. I am really getting sick of these screws.

5. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Matt, there are a couple of YouTube videos that show how to do it. I got the magnets they recommended from radio shack, and had it done in no time. Cover was way to loose for my liking. Would move as I held the mod. I added two more, larger magnets in the corners. Drilled right through the back cover and also through the plastic housing on the inside. Was trying to be careful, but drill bit popped through and knocked the wire off of the 510 connector. Had a son of a gun time resoldering it. When all done, the bigger magnets stick out of the back cover slightly, but the cover is pretty solid. If I had it to do over, I would have left the screws in. Only takes about 15 seconds to remove them. Just IMO.

HD

6. MattB101

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Thanks for the info. Problem is I keep dropping the darn screws on the floor. One bounce and their history! Down to my last two now. 1 of the hex head and 1 of the phillips. Oooppsss!

7. Deinfamous

Deinfamous Full Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Washington DC
    What kind of build do you guys recommend for this? I'm doing my head in with my Doge 2 tank.

8. biggins82786

biggins82786 Full Member Verified Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Savannah, GA
    Does anyone know where we could get more screws from or what size they are? Maybe Lowes/Home Depot may sell them?

9. Fictitious Character

Fictitious Character Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    You might have better luck at a Radio Shack.

10. MattB101

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    The best place to find them is a RC hobby shop. They use lots of these time screws in RC airplanes and helocopters. I have been looking for the teeny screws that screw the ends on the battery cases I ordered through Fasttech for months. Seems like I never have the screws with me when I am near an RC store and when I do I can't find a store. The open and close faster than vape stores.

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime. I can't wait for summertime!

11. Fictitious Character

Fictitious Character Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks for the idea, I never considered them before but it makes sense.

12. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry for the apparently out-of-place question, but could somebody explain why IPVs have a touch sensor, a provision for it in the firmware, and it doesn't work?
    This "feature" has stopped me from buying any IPVs so far. I have bought the Sigs which are less expensive (well, not by much) and doesn't have disfunctional implements.
    TIA

13. MattB101

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    The touch sensor was a reasonably good idea that didn't work out in implementation. The turned it off because it didn't work well and I believe they're just using up the enclosures they had already made. Probably order a jizillion of them and need to use them up. So, e as with the "charging" port that is plugged with a little stainless steel plug.

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime. I can't wait for summertime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.