P4U/ IPV3 150w Owners Discussion / A Place to Discuss Concerns and Performance of the IPV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I thought it would be nice if we could have one thread where ppl can compare note, voice concerns, and discuss any issues associated with the IPV3.

First Impressions:
I received my IPV3 today and it feels like a nice unit with the little bit of time I have been using the unit today.
I do not have anything built for the device yet though. I was expecting this unit on Tuesday, but here it is on Saturday. The rda's I have ordered are not here yet, and both the kayfun clone and the Russian clone are built at around 1.5 so cranking this thing up to high is not an option until I do a new build.
I am also paranoid that this unit may in some way be a sample unit as I have the same serial number as the one shown on eciggity's site. Eciggity's picture was posted after they received the shipment.
The internals from what I can see look pretty clean for the most part. with a little extra glue.

The Good:
My first impressions are that it feels nice and functions smoothly. The buttons are nice and responsive but small, yet they are comfortable to use. Anyone used to a Hana or Cana should feel right at home with these clickers.
The unit wakes up immediately after hitting any of the buttons including the fire button.
The preset settings are easy to use and they make it easy to flip between favored settings.
The 510 is very smooth with all the toppers I have used, with the exception of one of the kayfun clones. I attribute this to the threads on the clone.
The back cover plate sits nice and flush.
Spring loaded pin.
Battery life
2x extra back plate screws
Comfort of use

The Bad:
The warranty card states that the device is covered by a 6 month warranty, even though every listing site including the one I purchased from stated a 12 month warranty and this kind of pisses me off considering a 12 month warranty is what pushed me into choosing this device over another option.
The touch sensor is non functioning, even though the newest batches of IPV2s units have a functioning touch sensor.
The ohms are off by +.1
There is a slight gap from the atomizers and the body.
The supplied tool for the hex screws is low quality.
No supplied charging cord.

No doubt I have missed a few things and have also yet to realize or notice some things. Vape quality is nice and I can not wait to get a rda with a low ohm coil on this thing so that I can crank it up and test the higher watt range. I am not a reviewer and this post is not really meant to be one, but rather simply a quick run down of a unit that I have only hours of use with. I expect to be able to add more in depth opinions on the device as time goes on. I would like to know if anyone else has the same serial number as I do, W0285. Keep in mind I was not expecting perfection but there are a couple concerns right out of the gate. Mainly the serial number issue and most especially the warranty. I have included a pic of the warranty if anyone is interested in reading it. Sorry about the quality of the pics I will take clearer ones later, I just do not feel like it right this moment. The flash also seemed to have made the screen look off.

20141011_133344.jpg 20141011_133425.jpg 20141011_133434.jpg 20141011_133452.jpg 20141011_133550.jpg

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
My experience is pretty much the same. I had a little black glue on one of the contacts on the top which i easily scratched off with my fingernail.
The gap between the atty and box is probably the diameter of 28g kanthal on mine, if that. I didn't notice it until I read your post lol.
I switched to the phillips head screws. The hex screwdriver is garbage. Honestly I'm probably going to convert it to magnets.

I think all the cons are very minor. The only thing that bugs me is not only did it not come with the charger cable, which I knew was going to happen, but there are no specifications on what kind of charger I would need to buy. Being able to charge it with a cable was the reason I ordered it instead of the sigelei.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
My experience is pretty much the same. I had a little black glue on one of the contacts on the top which i easily scratched off with my fingernail.
The gap between the atty and box is probably the diameter of 28g kanthal on mine, if that. I didn't notice it until I read your post lol.
I switched to the phillips head screws. The hex screwdriver is garbage. Honestly I'm probably going to convert it to magnets.

I think all the cons are very minor. The only thing that bugs me is not only did it not come with the charger cable, which I knew was going to happen, but there are no specifications on what kind of charger I would need to buy. Being able to charge it with a cable was the reason I ordered it instead of the sigelei.

I agree with you on all accounts. I found the warranty card to be odd because I just checked Asmodus site and they clearly state a 12mth warranty on all P4U products.. Of course one of my cards that came with the unit are for the IPV2s so who knows.

The cons are small at the moment and I might have to go to a b&m tomorrow just to pick up a rda so I can experience the higher watts like I want too cause this thing is pretty sweet.

As far as I know nobody has an exact speck on the charging cord yet.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Nice reviews guys , sound very honest without sugar coating . If the websites said a one year warranty and when you recieved the unit it says 6 months it sounds like Asmodus is behind it , they are the only ones i'm aware of that make changes at will to suit their preferences .

I guess time will tell how it fares but regarding the serial # i wouldn't worry about it , some people said the iPV II's were released as beta units , it will be interesting to see if that is claimed again but you would think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I bought mine from Eciggity and they seem like a good outfit , unfortunately their warranty coverage is non existent and they push you off on Asmodus as soon as you contact them, even if it's been a week since you got it.

I still have a broken iPV thats sitting and not getting used , just disgusted with the whole P4U/Asmodus BS, Once Asmodus made the changes to the warranty the first time i thought they would make additional changes and thats what their doing and their getting away with it .

Cutting a half year off the warranty is outrageous .

FC , on another note i see you mentioned RDA's and a Kayfun , your best bet is to not build low ohm with these high wattage devices , better results will occur with a little higher ohm builds.

Now with the Kayfun , that one does not like real low ohm builds and it doesn't like high wattage either , most experts who know a lot more than me say 1 -1.8 ohm and wattage below 30 watts is where it shines.

When my iPV was working along with my cana mod i tried every type of build i could and did tons of experimentation, what i found is i get much better flavor (#1 factor to me) with wattage below 20 watts and builds in the above 1ohm range and thats with all my RDA's as well .

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Nice reviews guys , sound very honest without sugar coating . If the websites said a one year warranty and when you recieved the unit it says 6 months it sounds like Asmodus is behind it , they are the only ones i'm aware of that make changes at will to suit their preferences .

I guess time will tell how it fares but regarding the serial # i wouldn't worry about it , some people said the iPV II's were released as beta units , it will be interesting to see if that is claimed again but you would think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I bought mine from Eciggity and they seem like a good outfit , unfortunately their warranty coverage is non existent and they push you off on Asmodus as soon as you contact them, even if it's been a week since you got it.

I still have a broken iPV thats sitting and not getting used , just disgusted with the whole P4U/Asmodus BS, Once Asmodus made the changes to the warranty the first time i thought they would make additional changes and thats what their doing and their getting away with it .

Cutting a half year off the warranty is outrageous .
I just checked Asmodus site and they clearly say they warranty P4U for 12 months. Not sure why my card says 6 but I copied their statement and took screen shots.

The beta thing is what I am wondering. I guess I will wait and see what happens. If future batches have a functioning touch sensor I will be convinced, otherwise who knows what is going on with P4U.

Other than minor cons I am pretty pleased. Of course we are talking about day one here and I may have gotten a bit skeptical after reading the IPV2 thread while waiting for this thing to ship.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I agree with you on all accounts. I found the warranty card to be odd because I just checked Asmodus site and they clearly state a 12mth warranty on all P4U products.. Of course one of my cards that came with the unit are for the IPV2s so who knows.

The cons are small at the moment and I might have to go to a b&m tomorrow just to pick up a rda so I can experience the higher watts like I want too cause this thing is pretty sweet.

As far as I know nobody has an exact speck on the charging cord yet.

Yup their site does say 12 months , thats very odd.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
One thing to note: the extra screws are phillips head screws to replace the hex screws that come on the box. I switched them out immediately since I have a bazillion of those little phillips screwdrivers.

The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow lol

Yeah I saw that. I think next battery swap I will change them as well.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Intermittent right after fire button is released..... slowly clears up. Then sometimes never happens.

Mine goes fully bright when buttons are pressed then immediately goes to a dimmer setting, then stays on for about 40 seconds before going black.Sounds like a faulty screen or a bad connection with the screen. That is purely speculation on my part.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Now box is dead. fresh batteries. Eciggity is giving me the run around.

NOT COOL!!!

I have been vaping mine for almost a week now, it has performed flawlessly. My only gripe is when I remove the batteries to charge the batts overnight the darn thing forgets my memory settings.

I think I will enjoy this thing a lot more when I get home and can just change the battereis instead of removing for a charge...

overall, I am happy with it, but I really need to get rid of the screws for magnets...

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA

That sucks big time. I guess the intermittent flickering was a big deal it seems. Eciggity has been responsive to me but I never dealt with them on returns. They might tell you to send it to Asmodus.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
NOT COOL!!!

I have been vaping mine for almost a week now, it has performed flawlessly. My only gripe is when I remove the batteries to charge the batts overnight the darn thing forgets my memory settings.

I think I will enjoy this thing a lot more when I get home and can just change the battereis instead of removing for a charge...

overall, I am happy with it, but I really need to get rid of the screws for magnets...

I am used to the screws but magnets would be better I suppose.

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States

Eciggity will make sure you're taken care of. When my Seven 30 went to hell, they had me contact p4u. After a second email P4U replied and told me to tell eciggity to send me a new one. Eciggity apologized that p4u couldn't be more helpful and offered a refund or to replace it. I don't know if this was before or after they started using asmodus for the warranty but I'm sure eciggity will make it right.

I purchased the ipv3 from them because of they way they handled my problems with the seven 30.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Eciggity will make sure you're taken care of. When my Seven 30 went to hell, they had me contact p4u. After a second email P4U replied and told me to tell eciggity to send me a new one. Eciggity apologized that p4u couldn't be more helpful and offered a refund or to replace it. I don't know if this was before or after they started using asmodus for the warranty but I'm sure eciggity will make it right.

I purchased the ipv3 from them because of they way they handled my problems with the seven 30.
I paid a little bit more for the ipv3 from eciggity as well based on the word of mouth of their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread