Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzylzzrd

Mar 22, 2013
Alvin, Texas, USA
I don't understand why someone would really crave reverse battery protection. Did you ruin a different device? It would be nice, I guess, but I've never inserted a battery the wrong way. I'm careful and look at them as I'm putting them in.

EDIT: I'm an idiot who read that wrong. NEVER MIND
LOL. That's cool. Also, I would like the Cloupor T8 to have a charge port. That would be nice.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Waite.... So you guys are telling me the IPV3 comes with a magnetic 510 pin and runs on 2 batteries? If so, I'm freaking sold. I heard a few complaints about the IPV2, even wile having an adjustable 510 pin, could still not make every atty some people owned sit flush on the mod.

I want EVERY atty I own to sit perfectly flush.... I'm a atty gap hater for life. If anything has atty gap, I just can't use it. So if the IPV3 has spring loaded 510 to eliminate atty gap, plus run on two batteries.... Well, then I'm a happy man.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, I'm in the same market are the rest of the post is about, box mod with 50/50+ (with no atty gap).

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Waite.... So you guys are telling me the IPV3 comes with a magnetic 510 pin and runs on 2 batteries? If so, I'm freaking sold. I heard a few complaints about the IPV2, even wile having an adjustable 510 pin, could still not make every atty some people owned sit flush on the mod.

I want EVERY atty I own to sit perfectly flush.... I'm a atty gap hater for life. If anything has atty gap, I just can't use it. So if the IPV3 has spring loaded 510 to eliminate atty gap, plus run on two batteries.... Well, then I'm a happy man.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, I'm in the same market are the rest of the post is about, box mod with 50/50+ (with no atty gap).

Yeah a spring loaded pin and two 18650 batteries. There is a few broken english vids that show those features on youtube.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Yeah a spring loaded pin and two 18650 batteries. There is a few broken english vids that show those features on youtube.

Duh, I noticed I said magnetic pin.... I meant spring loaded 510 pin, but it looks like your threw my wacky miss type and answered my question perfectly.... Thanks man, the IPV3 looks like it's the one I want then. Do you know if the 510 housing pops up above the top of the mod? Which in the case no matter how adjustable the pin it nothing will sit "flush" with the top of the mod.. The ones with the reccesed 510 connection are kind cool too. Like how the hana mod had, I think their reccesed section was 22mm... Maybe it was 23mm.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer

Honestly, I felt the same as you...but I've started to keep a gap with my IPV2. I chain vape when I vape, so my atty gets hot. That heat spreads really fast through the aluminum of the mod, and I've had the over-temperature protection come on, and pause my sessions, because of it.

Asmodous(company handling the warranties for IPV) has ...... off all of us that were part of the original preorders..so I'm going with the smy god, but I'm waiting for it to come out for a while..but I'm thinking I'll be set with 3-18650 batteries 1-12 Volts(current output isn't in the pre-production specs though.. I'll avoid clouper like the plague..hundreds of t5's die after a week of use..such bs.:/

Edit- the 510 is recessed in the mod on the ipv's...editedit- but there's no recess for your atty..the original Hana is 23mm wide, with a 22mm recess.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Honestly, I felt the same as you...but I've started to keep a gap with my IPV2. I chain vape when I vape, so my atty gets hot. That heat spreads really fast through the aluminum of the mod, and I've had the over-temperature protection come on, and pause my sessions, because of it.

Asmodous(company handling the warranties for IPV) has ...... off all of us that were part of the original preorders..so I'm going with the smy god, but I'm waiting for it to come out for a while..but I'm thinking I'll be set with 3-18650 batteries 1-12 Volts(current output isn't in the pre-production specs though.. I'll avoid clouper like the plague..hundreds of t5's die after a week of use..such bs.:/

Edit- the 510 is recessed in the mod on the ipv's...editedit- but there's no recess for your atty..the original Hana is 23mm wide, with a 22mm recess.

Very good point , it does make a lot of sense to have a gap , man, you have had to pause during your vape sessions because of excess heat "wow" you really do vape like a madman lol.

Asmodus isn't even worth commenting on , thats how disgraceful they are .

I also have zero confidence in Cloupor's technical know how or more appropriately , don't know how abilities . They should focus their efforts on making an improved Cloutank and leave the electronic stuff to experts like 'Evolve', (yeah right) , who knows Innokin did it .

Regarding your nailing the door shut and pumping them out , what you do in your own time is no one else's business (regardless of how distorted or off the wall it is)

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
i had an ipv2
+enough power for most users
-backplates screws = annoying
-because of the backplate i been using the chargeports but you should be using your charger to charge batteries
-the paint is easily scratched
-the unit gets dents easily
-attys doesn't sit flush with the unit

vapordna suitcase edition is the one i used

overall i would NOT recommend the ipv2

ipv3 looks better but the only main difference is 100-150ws (you wont be using THAT much)
and it is still backplated screws and not magentic backover

i haven't seen or used the cloupor

but my vote goes to sigelei 100w, magnetic back cover is what i wanted and thats what they got, only downfall i see is the battery compartment is a little tight

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
i had an ipv2
+enough power for most users
-backplates screws = annoying
-because of the backplate i been using the chargeports but you should be using your charger to charge batteries
-the paint is easily scratched
-the unit gets dents easily
-attys doesn't sit flush with the unit

vapordna suitcase edition is the one i used

overall i would NOT recommend the ipv2

ipv3 looks better but the only main difference is 100-150ws (you wont be using THAT much)
and it is still backplated screws and not magentic backover

i haven't seen or used the cloupor

but my vote goes to sigelei 100w, magnetic back cover is what i wanted and thats what they got, only downfall i see is the battery compartment is a little tight

How's the adjustable 510 on the sigelei 100W? If it even comes with one. These companies should be making some kinda plate the atomizer can sit flush onto that won't transfer the heat to the rest of the box mod. Maybe wood, maybe something else. Can't be to hard to figure out.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
ipv2 is adjustable too, but the threading wasn't to my liking... i actually "overscrewed" my rda and it kind of got stuck, there is many improvements they could've done with the ipv3, but if it was me i'll skip ipv2 and ipv3 and wait for ipv4 if they come with magnetic cover

sigelei uses the same chip and has magnetic cover, adjustable 510 connection, only grip i seen from youtube videos is that the battery seems like its very hard to come out and that might strip your plastic protection

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
How's the adjustable 510 on the sigelei 100W? If it even comes with one. These companies should be making some kinda plate the atomizer can sit flush onto that won't transfer the heat to the rest of the box mod. Maybe wood, maybe something else. Can't be to hard to figure out.

That's another reason I'm digging the smy god. Vaping at 50 Watts with a dripper flush with the IPV2 has caused my over-temp protection to come on, and caused my vaping session to end early.. it took a couple of days to figure out it was my attys sitting flush with the mod.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
That's another reason I'm digging the smy god. Vaping at 50 Watts with a dripper flush with the IPV2 has caused my over-temp protection to come on, and caused my vaping session to end early.. it took a couple of days to figure out it was my attys sitting flush with the mod.

So, what's the deal with the smy god and the atty deck or whatever their calling the spot around the 510 connection the atty rests on? It looks like solid metal, maybe that will keep the heat from transferring to the rest of the box mod better than the others we've been talking about.

Anyone know the size of that atty deck section? Like 23mm or something?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
So, what's the deal with the smy god and the atty deck or whatever their calling the spot around the 510 connection the atty rests on? It looks like solid metal, maybe that will keep the heat from transferring to the rest of the box mod better than the others we've been talking about.

Anyone know the size of that atty deck section? Like 23mm or something?

It's definitely metal , what kind and how duable it is , is what i would be interested in hearing about. Looking forward to hearing reviews after it has been on the market for a while and lets hope whoever buys it doesn't find out Asmodus is the outfit handling the warranties.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Did you pre order or are you waiting to see how it is received?

I am digging that Gus Mods set up in the pic above.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Oh...I learned my lesson with my first preorder with Chinese devices..no more preorders.. I'm probably going to look into getting a sx350 chip. I want a bottom feeder, but I'd hate to invest in just a mechanical for that.. Yeah.. I'm probably going to be online for like 38 hours again.lol

And thank you...I was very lucky to get it, and all of us were somewhat a part of the mod production.... All the credit really goes to the small group at Gus, with the idea from qorax, and I think dspin may have had a lot to do with the conception of the kiss qe also..I don't know - seems like some tension in how the serial number is on the kiss qe. Q-xxx

I didn't know the kiss qe was a different finish and engraving than the original kiss..so I guess I'm ordering an 18650 tube, ss switch, and another polished estia.. but in 510. I mean I can't have a ~$40 tank sitting around... gotta buy an atomizer to give it purpose. (in the future..cuz I'm poor.. once I pay bills due on the first, I'll buy all that to help create the crisis at the middle of each month.lol) Comes without a fuse for positive contact, like original, and is also 20x1 threaded for hybrid use.

The MBI nuke 14500 cells are working out rather well.. just remembered about the thread, oops. But I may end up getting a 14500/g16 mod. Cuz their switch is great..I'd like to see how their 16mm mod plays with an aiolos dripper- was just wanting that for the 5 minutes I was first looking at it, and I ventured to the rest of the site.

Very fair prices..kiss qe was about $150 (€=~$1.37 when I paid for mine)..plus, the dollar is getting closer to being even to the euro..see what's causing it play out.. It may be great for me and my European shopping list.

Sales pitch over...except.. it's pretty nice to be part of the estia club.. I'm #334...doing pretty well since March...considering I don't hear anything about Gus anywhere else..evidence of sleep deprivation.:)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Aqk_I7pEFKilpa_Cg&sig2=K39RcyiQYY19HFsa-nmuyw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread