Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
So here I sit I got the credit card on the laptop and I keep going back and forth on what to purchase. I am currently using a e-lvt (3-15w) which was bought as a work device and will basically remain a work device (unless I just love the new APV too much) and currently run aspire nat mini, kanger aeros and similar tanks. I want to move onto rebuilds and figure a device that I can grow into is going to be best.

So with the IPV2 it is currently not update-able to become 100 watts but will it be in the future? As a noob to such power how often will I be wishing I could move on past 50w in the future? I know that you guys can't really answer that but it is on my mind. I found this at Vape the cape for 89.00 with free shipping. Has a 12mth warranty and is in stock.

With the IPV3 I like the idea of two 18650 bats, I get a day out of the elvt before having to switch batteries but the elvt was bought as a work mod not for 24/7 use but it is being used as my primary unit (puffing on some Oh' Face with it now). I can find it at Vaportekusa for 138.79 shipped. It is a 50 dollar price difference but 100w difference plus it has the two batteries slots. It also probably will have some issues from the IPV2 addressed (hopefully the back cover) Same 12mth warranty as the IPV2 and is obviously pre order

The sigelei would be the one I bought because it is a 100w and it has magnets for the back but what is stopping me from pulling the trigger is the reputation of P4Y and the fact that they have the minimum watts at ten and with my current set up sometimes I like to dial it back to 9w. I know with future builds it will be a non issue but right now if I had it I would have my Nat mini attached. I can find this for 99.99 from eciggity. The Sigelei is listed with a 12mth warranty but after reading the manual it clearly states a 6mth warranty. Pre order

Then there is the Cloupor T8. I have not found much about this unit mainly the T5 which people are pleased with it seems, but other than that the threads I have read seem a bit skeptical of the device I am not sure if that is because Cloupor cloned the dna30 and ppl are fanboys of original Hana modz or what but the people that have the Cana dna30 seem mostly pleased. I can not find the warranty info for the T8, so I do not know what the warranty is, but that does have some bearing on my decision. If it had a 12mth I would be pleased. I can find the T8 at vapenw for 100, or at vapetekusa for 119.00 with a coupon code that would shave off a few bucks. Also pre order with end of Sept or early Oct expected release.

I was originally looking for a Hana clone when all this started a little while back. After some research I threw P4Y into the mix and have completely moved on from the dna30. I would like to have an authentic Hana but justifying to my wife that the original Hana is worth 200 when a similar device can be had for 50-70 is a hard sell since she loves her VTR which is a fraction of the cost lol.

So I guess I need a nudge. I am leaning towards the P2 and if I had a feeling it was upgrade-able to 100w then it would be a done deal. The Sigelei would also be a done deal if the watts were set differently. The P3 is 50 bucks more but a lot more wattage but who knows if in the future I would need to exceed 50w. (I know this is a debatable topic with higher watts). The T8 I just have not heard much about but I want to like it because it is in the price I prefer, has two batteries and Cloupor seems to be building up their own brand from the popularity of the dna30. Any idea on what their warranty is since it is a first batch product?

Thoughts from you more experienced regulated mod guys? I have both the PV's in separate check out pages but am on the fence and want to make sure I gave it enough thought.
The ipv2S comes stock with a range up to 60 watts and is upgradeable through firmware they've already released to 70 watts. I get fantastic battery life out of it, have been using it for two days at the moment and still have about 50% battery life using a 35 amp efest battery (normally I go through at least one and sometimes even two 18650's in a day, when vaping my mech mods). So far my experience with the ipv2s has been flawless. If you've got anything you want to know about that specific device I'd be more than happy to help good luck with your decision =]

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
There's always the IPV2S. It's probably what I would have went with if it used 2 batteries. I ended up going with the ipv3 after finding out the sigelei 100w wasn't going to have a charge port.

I've not used any cloupor products so I didn't look into them when shopping.

Also, the ipv3 is 134.99 at eciggity once you get to checkout.

Good luck, I hope they're all winners.
Also, it's worth noting that ecig hits has ten percent off codes that can be found with even the most cursory of google searches, so that'd be an easy way to knock off like $13 dollars

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
What would be the benefit of the IPV3 over the IPV2, exactly?

I'm not great with math.... with the IPV2 at 50watts, what all will that cover? I like to vape my Kayfuns at around 0.6-1ohm....and I like to vape my RDAs at about 0.4-0.6 ohm. Should this be fine?
Ya, you're well within its range, it can fire down to .2

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
It looks like the formula is [Watts = Volts X Volts / Ohms]

So considering the 18650 batteries I use are 3.7 volts I believe, that would be [Watts = 3.7x3.7 / Ohms]

So, [Watts = 13.69 / Ohms]

So, the lowest I would go would be around 0.3 ohms.

Watts = 13.69 / 0.3
Watts = 45.63

So that means, if the lowest I would be vaping at would be around 0.3ohms, all I would technically ever need would be around 46 watts? Is this correct?
Lol you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. The whole thing with regulated vaping is that the chip is monitoring and manipulating the battery output, whether that be reigning it in or amplifying it. What you need to know is it can fire builds from 0.2-3.0 ohms and it goes from 7 watts to 50 watts (7-60 on the ipv2s and firmware upgradeable to 70) hope that helps, good luck

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
My thoughts exactly. If I need the watts, I have the ability, and if I don't use the watts, I will have an extremely long time on my 2 18650's. The thing that drove home my choice for the IPV3, was the spring loaded 510 pin. No screwing it in and out to make contact.Plus, the water resistant thing.
The ipv2S has the self adjusting 510 pin also, forgot to list that with the improvements over the ipv2

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
don't forget the smy god mod...it's ugly as hell, but 3 batteries...shooo

Today's battle! Tomorrow's recycle!:)

Annnnd cut to a year from now and everyone is carrying around box mods the size of the old ghetto blaster boo boxes from the 80's and 90's so they can fit their 47th 18650 battery,..lol at a certain point I think it's just overkill, I mean I get two days off of one 18650 on my ipv2s and a person has got to sleep sometime(ie stop vaping...providing an opportune charging time) so I don't see why anyone would take the sacrifices in size, design, portability, etc

OthatGuy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Westcoast
I've been following the cloupor t8 or t6 something thread and they are saying those 100 watt boxes are only putting out 40 to 60w . I think the segeli 100w seems to be the closest to hitting the numbers. I'd do some more research tho.

I noticed you guys mentioned bottom feeders, imo they really change the game. Because they are always ready to feed juice you don't need the big wells that's what he was talking about earlier. I'm building a dna40 bottom feeder. I'm thinking that temp control is going to be the game changer, not just higher wattage. The evolve guy said he could have added wattage but he added tc instead, hopefully he's right but I could be way off as I haven't played with it yet. I know feeders will up your game, promise, but I'm waiting to see if tc beats simply adding wattage. Either way I'd check on those mods and see as I would never buy anything that only preformed 60%of its advertised power. Good luck bud.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Or a wrap
3f82d17d5b7a368ec24b2472a8c85c9d.jpg

Only good picture of IPV2 and taj ji.. I'm getting a 2six with a 30mm taj.. gonna be nice..
Wow, the wrap on the IPV2 is gorgeous do you happen to know who makes it?

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
So far I am on the Nautilus mini and some kanger aero tanks but I have a Russian clone coming and plan on trying a RDA

Just try to go at your own pace, don't feel the need to move up to more advanced and complicated devices just because that's what all the cool cloud-chasing kids are doing lol you know what I mean?

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Waite.... So you guys are telling me the IPV3 comes with a magnetic 510 pin and runs on 2 batteries? If so, I'm freaking sold. I heard a few complaints about the IPV2, even wile having an adjustable 510 pin, could still not make every atty some people owned sit flush on the mod.

I want EVERY atty I own to sit perfectly flush.... I'm a atty gap hater for life. If anything has atty gap, I just can't use it. So if the IPV3 has spring loaded 510 to eliminate atty gap, plus run on two batteries.... Well, then I'm a happy man.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, I'm in the same market are the rest of the post is about, box mod with 50/50+ (with no atty gap).

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::
Huh? Who said it had a magnetic 510 connection?

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
ipv2 is adjustable too, but the threading wasn't to my liking... i actually "overscrewed" my rda and it kind of got stuck, there is many improvements they could've done with the ipv3, but if it was me i'll skip ipv2 and ipv3 and wait for ipv4 if they come with magnetic cover

sigelei uses the same chip and has magnetic cover, adjustable 510 connection, only grip i seen from youtube videos is that the battery seems like its very hard to come out and that might strip your plastic protection
If it's that big of a deal to you, you realize. Installing magnets is like a five minute job...also the ipv2S and I believe the ipv3 as well come with upgraded larger, sturdier, and all around much better hex screws. Anyways, once I put my battery in I really have no reason to open it up again at least for several months. I just use the USB charging port

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I'm glad the IPV2s is working well for you. I just got an email confirming my shipping address, so I should be getting an updated IPV2.. I'm going to order a zna50 from them if so....I don't need more heat than that. Plus, no more screwdriver...but no option to use usb charging..meh. The IPV2 is a little too much, when I was using a 4nine as my main mod before it..
Wow, the wrap on the IPV2 is gorgeous do you happen to know who makes it?
It's a custom wrap from jwraps..I'm getting a new one for my replacement IPV2, cuz I guess the owner saw it, and was disappointed with one image..freebie to try something else neat.

It's all artwork from one of my favorite "live" painters..Kris D, I've seen him with J Garcia at sound tribe shows a lot several years ago..last shows I've been able to catch didn't have painters, but I haven't been since NYE/before they got a new bassist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread