The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fictitious Character, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fictitious Character

Fictitious Character Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    So close to finding you your next p4u device, oh well back to the drawing board.

2. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Wow,I'm going to jump on this pre-order. NOT!!!!

HD

3. Fictitious Character

Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    lol Come on give them a second chance to take away some of the features.

4. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Well, there's not much to screw up with this mod..but lol...

I'd like them to implement their temperature control tech.. but they're probably a bit behind.

5. Fictitious Character

Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    I know you keep mentioning the mini, so what about this yihi chip in the mini?

6. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    I can't find information on it... and I'm leaning towards the zna 50 Watt clouper clone instead.

7. sahsah

sahsah Super Member ECF Veteran

The ipv2S comes stock with a range up to 60 watts and is upgradeable through firmware they've already released to 70 watts. I get fantastic battery life out of it, have been using it for two days at the moment and still have about 50% battery life using a 35 amp efest battery (normally I go through at least one and sometimes even two 18650's in a day, when vaping my mech mods). So far my experience with the ipv2s has been flawless. If you've got anything you want to know about that specific device I'd be more than happy to help good luck with your decision =]

8. sahsah

Also, it's worth noting that ecig hits has ten percent off codes that can be found with even the most cursory of google searches, so that'd be an easy way to knock off like $13 dollars

9. sahsah

I got my ipv2s from ecigitty

10. sahsah

Ya, you're well within its range, it can fire down to .2

11. sahsah

Lol you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. The whole thing with regulated vaping is that the chip is monitoring and manipulating the battery output, whether that be reigning it in or amplifying it. What you need to know is it can fire builds from 0.2-3.0 ohms and it goes from 7 watts to 50 watts (7-60 on the ipv2s and firmware upgradeable to 70) hope that helps, good luck

12. sahsah

The ipv2S has the self adjusting 510 pin also, forgot to list that with the improvements over the ipv2

13. sahsah

Annnnd cut to a year from now and everyone is carrying around box mods the size of the old ghetto blaster boo boxes from the 80's and 90's so they can fit their 47th 18650 battery,..lol at a certain point I think it's just overkill, I mean I get two days off of one 18650 on my ipv2s and a person has got to sleep sometime(ie stop vaping...providing an opportune charging time) so I don't see why anyone would take the sacrifices in size, design, portability, etc

14. OthatGuy

OthatGuy Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2014
    Westcoast
    I've been following the cloupor t8 or t6 something thread and they are saying those 100 watt boxes are only putting out 40 to 60w . I think the segeli 100w seems to be the closest to hitting the numbers. I'd do some more research tho.

I noticed you guys mentioned bottom feeders, imo they really change the game. Because they are always ready to feed juice you don't need the big wells that's what he was talking about earlier. I'm building a dna40 bottom feeder. I'm thinking that temp control is going to be the game changer, not just higher wattage. The evolve guy said he could have added wattage but he added tc instead, hopefully he's right but I could be way off as I haven't played with it yet. I know feeders will up your game, promise, but I'm waiting to see if tc beats simply adding wattage. Either way I'd check on those mods and see as I would never buy anything that only preformed 60%of its advertised power. Good luck bud.

15. sahsah

Wow, the wrap on the IPV2 is gorgeous do you happen to know who makes it?

16. sahsah

Just try to go at your own pace, don't feel the need to move up to more advanced and complicated devices just because that's what all the cool cloud-chasing kids are doing lol you know what I mean?

17. sahsah

Huh? Who said it had a magnetic 510 connection?

18. sahsah

If it's that big of a deal to you, you realize. Installing magnets is like a five minute job...also the ipv2S and I believe the ipv3 as well come with upgraded larger, sturdier, and all around much better hex screws. Anyways, once I put my battery in I really have no reason to open it up again at least for several months. I just use the USB charging port

19. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    I'm glad the IPV2s is working well for you. I just got an email confirming my shipping address, so I should be getting an updated IPV2.. I'm going to order a zna50 from them if so....I don't need more heat than that. Plus, no more screwdriver...but no option to use usb charging..meh. The IPV2 is a little too much, when I was using a 4nine as my main mod before it..
    It's a custom wrap from jwraps..I'm getting a new one for my replacement IPV2, cuz I guess the owner saw it, and was disappointed with one image..freebie to try something else neat.

It's all artwork from one of my favorite "live" painters..Kris D, I've seen him with J Garcia at sound tribe shows a lot several years ago..last shows I've been able to catch didn't have painters, but I haven't been since NYE/before they got a new bassist.

20. sahsah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.