Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
PFU watched and learned their lessons well from Apple and their ilk. It's evil. But it's good business and that's how it goes now. But it is also encouraging me hold onto my ducats until this currently limited 100+watt box market gets swamped like the RDA and juice markets did last year. I think I have enough equipment at home to mess around with until then. :)

This industry is moving at lightspeed. Sometimes it's difficult to believe. I started in '08 with a 4081 or something, so it's been interesting to watch this thing develop. (Sometimes I still miss another phase: those Volt automatics. Luckily I have a 650mAh one that works a dream when I feel like vaping and working.) Anyway, back to the industry, I look at the planned obsolescence, scoundrelly release dates of the newest rev and shrug. Companies gotta survive.

And one of the most positive things about the way this industry is developing (if not always to the benefit of the consumer), is that it plainly shows how many people are starving to develop their own products, market them, innovate, devote their work to something they love and WORK FOR THEMSELVES. Mega-business in the US and the world in general has forced so many people into cubes and onto sales floors doing things they hate. And vaping provides an opportunity to escape soul-slaying drudgery. That part is wonderful. But it also puts the lie to all of that election year demagoguery: "America is built on small business by our millions of natural entrepreneurs. And we want to help them!!"

Uh, yeah. By taxing them to death and passing restrictive laws as fast as possible without the least effort at objectively assessing the industry. Crushing small business is all just a way to make ducats for careerist politicians, bureaucrats, and (high-paid) drones of BigTobacco, BigPharma, and BigEverything. At a time in American history that rivals the Great Depression.

>rend rant... almost< As a successful, somewhat eccentric entrepreneur (read: not corporate, not greedy and averse to spending other people's money), the owner of two successive and successful small to medium-sized businesses, I'm enraged at the Himalayan piles of bull....e being piled up around vaping by parasites who make their money by killing the initiative of others. All while talking out the other sides of their mouths, or more accurately, their exit holes, in order to keep THEIR own filthy lucre flowing into their fat tax shelters. <end second rant> sorry. I get a little angry sometimes.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Try something like this...my "special" kanthal shines above 50 Watts...of course, I preordered an IPV2.:) but this build around 80 Watts... I'm pretty sure my airholes are larger than 1/8"on my origen also.. Seriously, the censoring on ecf needs to have exceptions..so you know...this .... is so ....ing amazing it blew my head straight the .... off my damn neck......ing the ....! Lol...typed all that to see how it reads with "...".
c3cb145d3d4d0e6fffb7208a5fbbec65.jpg

I don't have a good image of the loose chain wire. It also can't be pressed nearly as hard as the tighter twist in the picture above...I'm sticking with this stuff until a resistance wire comes out that's better than kanthal for me..that i know the chemical composition of..
fc11afb987de0ca8bb30548fac54b8e9.jpg

Twisted and pressed 26awg..

My God man, you certainly like to go full bore LOL, most of us i would bet do not want our head blown off our freaking neck though , just a satisfying vape at normalized wattage settings.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Yeah..I exaggerate... My builds are always cooler in temperature when compared to others.

I run that single coil from 20-50 Watts, no issue -prefer it close to 30..but lately, I've been using 30 Watts at the most with all attys/builds that can function that low. I need to get another origen..1/8"airholes don't work too well below 50 Watts...lol

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I'm working towards it. When I started vaping, I thought I would be happy staying with the V2 cigalikes. Now, 9 months later, I DIY my own juice and am up to the 150 watt IPV3.

HD

I started with the same V2 cigalikes and 9 months later have bought some MVP's , an iPV and a Cana mod and i still use my MVP's the most lol . Higher wattage vaping just doesn't do it for me , after endless experimentation and every type of build i could think of i realized i like a cooler lower wattage vape experience.

Still incredibly satisfying to me though , i guess it's extremely popular for many others as well as the success of the Provari's , Reo's, MVP's etc.. show.

Everybody's different though and your road led you to buy an iPV III so it's all personal preference.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Yeah..I exaggerate... My builds are always cooler in temperature when compared to others.

I run that single coil from 20-50 Watts, no issue -prefer it close to 30..but lately, I've been using 30 Watts at the most with all attys/builds that can function that low. I need to get another origen..1/8"airholes don't work too well below 50 Watts...lol

Is the Origen your favorite RDA , i know it's very very popular , i am considering getting one and i heard somebody mention a bottom feed Origen , i don't know what that is though.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
bottom fed origin is just a replacement center post that allows you to "squonk"

a bottom feeder is when you have a bottle, connected to a straw, that feeds into the bottom of the atty. squeeze the bottle and it soaks you wick. no need to "drip" any longer

Thanks , yeah i understand the Reo type of bottom feeder functionality , i just din't know how you would make one work with an Origen , a replacement post huh , interesting , need to look into it further. Can other RDA's work with this type of thing as well

Sorry for hijacking thread , i will make my own post in appropriate forum.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've had the origen since February/January..still hasn't been beat..taj ji is a great one too, but it's far from an origen.

Check out the two wind and holmes rda also...I really want a hobo too -edit- haven't tried those 3..:/-..but I told myself, a reo is the next purchase, with a plume veil on top.

Bottom feeding origen is blasphemous to most "squonkers." They believe in fresh juice every hit.. the origen bottom feeder will be something I may get..because I like to vape through a mL without doing anything but JUST vape..but squonking isn't a big deal, so I will be a "purist" reo user at first, before I decide on the bottom feeding origen.

ddkl7780

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2014
Las vegas
I had the ipv v2 and have the Sigelei 100 watt. The ipv v3 has little diff design but the back is still basically same design as v2. I bought the Sigelei because I like the design. Recessed back to prevent leakage into the box with strong magnets keeping it in place no need for screws. Ive used the Sigelei from day it was available and had no issues at all. Its solid works like its suppose to. I have no problem with ipv's just think they couldve done a better job with the back. For $100 its def better to get the Sigelei rather then paying $89 for ipv. You'll have a lot move flexability with the Sigelei and if you're going with rebuildables 10 watt min shouldnt be an issue...even bumping up 1 watt on your current tank should be ok.

ddkl7780

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2014
Las vegas
Try something like this...my "special" kanthal shines above 50 Watts...of course, I preordered an IPV2.:) but this build around 80 Watts... I'm pretty sure my airholes are larger than 1/8"on my origen also.. Seriously, the censoring on ecf needs to have exceptions..so you know...this .... is so ....ing amazing it blew my head straight the .... off my damn neck......ing the ....! Lol...typed all that to see how it reads with "...".
c3cb145d3d4d0e6fffb7208a5fbbec65.jpg

I don't have a good image of the loose chain wire. It also can't be pressed nearly as hard as the tighter twist in the picture above...I'm sticking with this stuff until a resistance wire comes out that's better than kanthal for me..that i know the chemical composition of..
fc11afb987de0ca8bb30548fac54b8e9.jpg

Twisted and pressed 26awg..

Twisted Flatten 26 works great use it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread