Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The following is a nonexhaustive list of examples of
components and parts used with electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) (including e-
cigarettes): e-liquids; atomizers; batteries (with or without variable voltage); cartomizers
(atomizer plus replaceable fluid-filled cartridge); digital display/lights to adjust settings;
clearomisers, tank systems, flavors, vials that contain e-liquids, and programmable software.
Similarly, the following is a nonexhaustive list of examples of components and parts used with
waterpipe tobacco: flavor enhancers and the vials in which they are contained; hose cooling
attachments; water filtration base additives (including those which are flavored); flavored
waterpipe tobacco charcoals and the wrappers or boxes that contain the charcoals; and bowls,
valves, hoses, and heads.
FDA is defining "accessory" to mean "any product that is intended or reasonabl

Reactions: skoony

Redjove

May 2, 2016

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY

Unfortunately a fallicy, promises long ago forgotten, rescinded many times, and diluted by new laws into oblivion. Nice to quote but can never be implemented without total and all out revolution. Something todays american society has no stomach for. They have the huddled masses resigned to yearning to be free, yearning.... Not having.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Effective Dates--The deeming provisions (i.e., those provisions that automatically apply
to newly deemed products) and minimum age and identification and vending machine
restrictions are effective 90 days from the date of publication of the final rule. The health
warning requirements are effective 24 months from the date of publication of the final rule, with
an additional 30-day period in which a manufacturer may continue to introduce into interstate
commerce existing inventory manufactured before the effective date that does not contain the effective warning labels on packages.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I agree, but disagree.
This much more than not being able to get your favorite juice...that's because you won't have a vape shop to get it in.
Juice is the bread and butter of a vape shop. Sure they make a good dollar on equipment, but at the end of the day, the juice is what keeps vape shops open. No one is going to go to a shop that has juice made by RJ Reynolds and so on...Stores will close, people will be out of work by the thousands and by the sheer inconvenience of trying to get an 'approved' device and juice, you will be paying as much, if not more, than a pack of cigarettes. So, by comparison, people will see cigarettes as a cheaper alternative.
Ok, DIY'ers might be okay for juice, but what about pre-made coils for your tanks? Say goodbye...no shop to get them in and can't get them in from FastTech without paying tobacco taxes.
RDA users, like myself, will find it difficult to get the rebuilding supplies we need. It could extend to wire and perhaps cotton itself if it's marketed for vaping, such as Cotton Bacon or Vapers' Choice.
This is just bad, bad, bad and a VERY sad day for vapers everywhere.

Geez...well that's sobering :/

Reactions: MrDripper

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Ladies and Gentlemen, you must understand...we will ALL have a difficult time in finding the supplies we need. The scope of the regulations is so vast that it can literally cover everything down to the flavoring because it's end usage is for vaping. EVERYTHING will be taxed the same as tobacco. It will become ridiculously expensive to vape, let alone engage in the hobby. But it has such far reaching potential as well. Here in Ontario, we're fighting hard against the vaping regulations that they want to pass here. This, will give credence to their cause and I predict within the next month, the regulations will be passed. This, combined with California's decision is just very, very bad for everyone involved.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nice to quote but can never be implemented without total and all out revolution. Something todays american society has no stomach for.

You're right but it took a 'long train of abuses and usurpations' for the last one too.... about 18 years worth.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I agree, but disagree.
This much more than not being able to get your favorite juice...that's because you won't have a vape shop to get it in.
Juice is the bread and butter of a vape shop. Sure they make a good dollar on equipment, but at the end of the day, the juice is what keeps vape shops open. No one is going to go to a shop that has juice made by RJ Reynolds and so on...Stores will close, people will be out of work by the thousands and by the sheer inconvenience of trying to get an 'approved' device and juice, you will be paying as much, if not more, than a pack of cigarettes. So, by comparison, people will see cigarettes as a cheaper alternative.
Ok, DIY'ers might be okay for juice, but what about pre-made coils for your tanks? Say goodbye...no shop to get them in and can't get them in from FastTech without paying tobacco taxes.
RDA users, like myself, will find it difficult to get the rebuilding supplies we need. It could extend to wire and perhaps cotton itself if it's marketed for vaping, such as Cotton Bacon or Vapers' Choice.
This is just bad, bad, bad and a VERY sad day for vapers everywhere.
The FDA can't tax/regulate rayon and cotton available at Sallys and Walmart any more than they can tax kanthal, SS and other wires available at any electrical supply shop and PG and VG available almost everywhere for dozens of different applications. MARKETED for vaping is the key IMO. Cotton Bacon, precoiled UD wire, Kanger and Aspire Nautilus premade coils... and so on... that will be a problem IMO.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
The following is a nonexhaustive list of examples of
components and parts used with electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) (including e-
cigarettes): e-liquids; atomizers; batteries (with or without variable voltage); cartomizers
(atomizer plus replaceable fluid-filled cartridge); digital display/lights to adjust settings;
clearomisers, tank systems, flavors, vials that contain e-liquids, and programmable software.
Similarly, the following is a nonexhaustive list of examples of components and parts used with
waterpipe tobacco: flavor enhancers and the vials in which they are contained; hose cooling
attachments; water filtration base additives (including those which are flavored); flavored
waterpipe tobacco charcoals and the wrappers or boxes that contain the charcoals; and bowls,
valves, hoses, and heads.
FDA is defining "accessory" to mean "any product that is intended or reasonabl
Yep - from the document: "The final rule defines "component or part" and "accessory" to provide additional clarity as to which products are subject to FDA’s tobacco product authority." (Then it goes on to list what you have listed.

Did the FDA really just include flavors and batteries and glass bottles? All manufacturers of those products now fall under the FDAs TOBACCO PRODUCT authority?

Does this mean all flavoring manufacturers now have to submit PMTA for each of their flavors? (I realize they are already under FDA as a food additive, right? But this means they now have to submit, separately, under FDA TOBACCO AUTHORITY? Battery manufacturers, too? Glass vial makers?

That can't be right.

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
FDA=HOG WASH
I DIY my own 0MG nic, and build my own coils............ to hell with them .......s. I can get everything I need to keep on vaping for years to come. I already have a stock pile of VW and mech mods, and I don't see 18650 batteries going by the way side.
:-x
I actually have a flashlight that uses 18650 or 26650 batteries, so if they ask, theae batteries are for my flashlight.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

Reactions: Steven Pye

TVSH

Jun 5, 2013
Boqueron, P.R. USA
" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for supper. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. That they can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." -Ben Franklin
"We've given you a Republic, if you can keep it." Looking more and more like we didn't.
-Benjamin Franklin

That shipped sailed many years ago.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
The FDA can't tax/regulate rayon and cotton available at Sallys and Walmart any more than they can tax kanthal, SS and other wires available at any electrical supply shop and PG and VG available almost everywhere for dozens of different applications. MARKETED for vaping is the key IMO. Cotton Bacon, precoiled UD wire, Kanger and Aspire Nautilus premade coils... and so on... that will be a problem IMO.
Oh, I agree with you. there will be many ways to circumvent the regulations, but at the end of the day, the headaches, hassles and horse**** will not be worth it for most people, let alone people who want to start vaping.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Ladies and Gentlemen, you must understand...we will ALL have a difficult time in finding the supplies we need. The scope of the regulations is so vast that it can literally cover everything down to the flavoring because it's end usage is for vaping. EVERYTHING will be taxed the same as tobacco. It will become ridiculously expensive to vape, let alone engage in the hobby. But it has such far reaching potential as well. Here in Ontario, we're fighting hard against the vaping regulations that they want to pass here. This, will give credence to their cause and I predict within the next month, the regulations will be passed. This, combined with California's decision is just very, very bad for everyone involved.
And fact that Canada pays very close attention to almost everything our friends south of the border do, it will be very interesting to see if any parts of the FDA's recent release filters into Canadian law in the future.

Reactions: MrDripper

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
And fact that Canada pays very close attention to almost everything our friends south of the border do, it will be very interesting to see if any parts of the FDA's recent release filters into Canadian law in the future.
Right, you are, my friend. And as I said, I predict within the month the Ontario legislature will be passed. All they needed was something just like this...to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread