Did you buy your 1st ecig with the intent to quit smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I am sorry, but I do not believe for a cold-hearted second that none of you guys picked up this electronic device not to quit. This was the whole gimmick. This was the enticement. This is what all around us propose and advertise.

And guess what!? It f***ing worked! Let's stop being all politically correct because we fear the FDA may be reading this. F*** it. I am eternally grateful and owe my longevity to those that advocate and continue to express the right to vaporize nicotine respectfully in our home without harming others.

God bless!

My story is true.
I bought it cause I'm cheap. (Cig taxes) I wanted to cut analogs down.
I Happily cut them out.

No.

I really enjoy the act of smoking, and the state of mind nicotine consumption produces. I just hate the side effects of smoke. Feeling short of breath, coughing, the fear of inevitable, painful and fatal cancer.

PVs are also appealing because they provide a way to avoid the ever increasing nanny state taxation, restrictions and regulation of tobacco. That is for now anyway.

mkscr

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I am sorry, but I do not believe for a cold-hearted second that none of you guys picked up this electronic device not to quit. This was the whole gimmick. This was the enticement. This is what all around us propose and advertise.

Yeah, as "non PC" as it may sound, I enjoyed smoking (most of the time.) I didn't buy with the intention of quitting.

I picked up an e-cigarette because taxes on analogs are ridiculous. Two co-workers had purchased starter kits from SE and I was intrigued. Four months later, they've gone back to analogs and I've purchased a 510 and couldn't be happier.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA

And guess what!? It f***ing worked! Let's stop being all politically correct because we fear the FDA may be reading this. F*** it. I am eternally grateful and owe my longevity to those that advocate and continue to express the right to vaporize nicotine respectfully in our home without harming others.

God bless!

:)

No, I'm not being "politically correct" when I say I tried e-cigs with no serious thought of quitting cigarettes.

Oh, it wasn't because I didn't want to quit . . . it was because I had tried to quit so many times before (without success) that it was clear to me that I was doomed to be a smoker for life. The patch, gum, inhaler, Zyban, Chantix, accupuncture, and good old will power . . . nothing worked.

My sincerest hope was that I could cut back on my cigarettes. I often say that I was a 2+ pack a day smoker for 30 years. The truth, which is hard to admit, is I was actually closer to 3 packs a day by the time I picked up my first PV in late January. The first day, I was down to a few cigarettes, and by the 3rd or 4th day I was done with the stinky sticks altogether.

Tallulah

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Chicago IL USA
I stopped smoking analogs in my home last October because I was tired of the smell, the extra house-cleaning, drapery-washing, air-freshening, and exhaust fans required because of it. But within a month, I was even more tired of having to go outside in the cold to get my fix.

I bought my first e-cig so that I could again "smoke" in my home instead of freezing my ... off in the winter.

I'm addicted to nicotine, the e-cig is just a cleaner, less smelly delivery device.

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I myself never visioned quitting. I was never much of a cigarette smoker, as I quit cold turkey a few years back. Granted it was difficult for a few months after I quit, but I simply hated the smell if left behind.

I never did give up my cigars though. I used to smoke 2 or 3 cigars a week. Now I have two full humidors of nice cigars, but they hardly ever get opened (with exception of refilling the humidifiers). Now, I maybe smoke a cigar a month.

So now, I still get my nicotine, I enjoy the flavors, and best of all, I don't smell as a result of vaping :thumbs:

Alfred Treacle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
California, USA
No.

I bought it thinking I would be able to use it in places where smoking is banned or "frowned upon" (which, in California, is pretty much EVERYWHERE - no smoking inside, anywhere, ever; outdoor malls and amusement parks have filthy, postage-stamp sized smoking "areas"; public spaces, like beaches and parks, are on their way to outright bans as well....). Plus, I have kids, so no smoking in the car if they're in it. I figured that vaping would let me live a more normal life - I would no longer have to schedule my days around when I would actually be able to smoke. (I ended up staying home a lot, and that was just sad.)

Keep in mind, I'm a 20+ year, 2 pack a day smoker. Who smoked through all my pregnancies, who panicked in the hospital after I delivered my babies about how I fast I could get outside to smoke. It was BAD. (My husband always said that I'd end up like that lady in the anti-smoking commercial, sucking them down through a hole in my throat.... He wasn't entirely kidding.) I truly believed that they would kill me.

So, when I got my 510, I was afraid to even entertain the thought that this crazy little gadget would allow me to walk away from my addiction. It was simply a tool to get me from one cigarette to the next without wanting to peel off my own skin.

You know what? I haven't had a single analog since I charged my first battery. I carried around a pack of smokes for a while, fully believing that eventually I would want one. And I did, sort of. But never enough to actually light one up. Whenever the urge to smoke hit, I would start sucking on the 510, and the urge would go away. I tossed the smokes after a week, and haven't looked back.

It's been amazing - vaping gives me everything I ever wanted from a cigarette - the NICOTINE - and none of the things I hated about smoking. I can do it ANYWHERE. I don't smell. It's cheap. And it won't kill me.

23 days smoke free! Over $200 saved and 825 cigarettes avoided!

Mickey33

Jun 15, 2009
upstate NY (USA)
NOPE!

I found the e-cigarette (and this forum) while searching for cheaper menthol light cigarettes I could buy online.

I just irks me so much that "they" want us to quit ... yet keep adding more taxes to pay for stuff. No, "they" don't want you to quit smoking tobacco - where would "they" get the money? Big money involved in cigarette sales. HUGE!

Hypocrites!

Anyway...

So, I wanted my fix in the cheapest way (read: give the government as little of my dollars as I could). Oh, and plus it's a neato geeky toy!:D

I got my M401 PV kit on 19 June 2009, charged the batteries and started vaping on 20 June. Which makes the 19th the LAST day I had a tobacco cigarette. I like the flavors and lack of smell.

Honestly, quitting was an accident!!

Marilyn

Napir

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

God bless!

I did it for the money. Current price of a pack of Marlboro here is almost $9. I was smoking a pack a day. I'm not a mathematician, but I think i'll break even fairly quick on my purchase of a 510.

I even went in knowing I was trading one habit for another, but it's way cheaper for my wallet.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah, I intended on quitting. After 29 years of off and on smoking, switching to chew, tobacco pills, gums, patches...I saw an e-cig ad. Met it with skepticism, then read up more. And the more I read, the more I became sold on the idea.

Eventually, I told my wife all about it, did a write up for people who didn't know about e-cigs. I told my wife I'm going to get one, and once I do, I'm switching off of tobacco altogether.

I really think people are less likely to view the e-cig as a toy if they are genuinely fed up with the way they feel as the result of smoking. Just makes switching altogether all the more easy.

2CO3026

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Illinois, USA
Nope. I smoked cigarettes for over 25 years when I quit smoking 11 years ago. I "fell off the wagon" a couple years ago, but it only lasted for a few months. The craving for nicotine never ceased during the years of smoking cessation.

Now I can have my beloved nicotine without all the negative side effects of smoking. Vaping rules! :D

BTW, prof beard, I like that siggy! ;)

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread