Do We Need To Stock Up Because Of The Ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Why not just be it in a regular refrigerator.

My refrigerator is almost 13 years old but it was top of the line in a Kenmore when we bought it for the new house. If other refrigerators & families are like mine, there would be no way to keep the temperature regulated all the time.

I must say that I am fortunate in one manner. My fridge does have the ice dispenser (crushed & cubed), filtered water dispenser, and light on the outside of the door and there is a drain under it but not all refrigerators have this function. If this one ever goes kaput, I'm opting for one with the drawer freezer on the bottom, the slide and glide top refrigerator, outside ice (cubed/crushed), filtered water, light, and the opening to let you open the smaller door to take things out without having to open the large door so the inside stays cold and even temperature all the time or at least more/most of the time.

I have a crisper for veggies, a deli section w/ it's own temperature, and at the bottom there is a drawer for meats (yuck) and it's own thermometer too so they can stay partially frozen until ready to cook just as the crisper to the vegetable bin keeps the veggies fresh and the deli's thermometer keeps deli foods at the right temp.

A wine cooler, mini dorm fridge, or even the ones from thinkgeek.com will keep an even temperature as long as the power doesn't go out and even if it does if you have a battery backup or a generator (we have four generators; two run my house for the fridge and separate freezer as well as other household items while the other two keep my MIL's fridge and separate freezer and household items running)

BTW, if you ever get a side-by-side door refrigerator, always always make sure you can open the doors completely because those bins have to come out to be completely cleaned and you don't want to have to lug that fridge out away from the wall to open the doors all the way every time you clean the bins. That's the only downside with my refrigerator. The fact I only have one child left living at home helps too. At least the doors to the fridge aren't revolving every 20 minutes anymore. It's down to once every hour or so these days. :rolleyes:

FYI: The reason we have generators is because we live approx 100 (more or less, probably less as the crow flies) miles inland on the east coast so hurricane seasons are something we stay readily prepared for every year. Fran, Floyd, and Dennis (both times) kept us on our toes. During Fran we had to move out of our house because of flooding and I couldn't do a thing b/c I was 7 months pregnant, nearly miscarried several times already from placenta previa, and was on bedrest so the racers who raced with DH & his best friend brought their karting trailers and trucks that were enclosed to our house with their wives and packed everything we had in 8 hours, long before the road flooded. The waters lacked an inch or two getting into the house but under the house and the back porch was flooded. We closed on the new house not long afterward. Thankfully Floyd didn't do much in the way of water here but it did take lots of shingles and two trees down as well as the power. Dennis did the same except for the trees. It did take down my last Bradford Pear tree though. I have Japanese Magnolias growing now plus the pine trees and these tall fir-like trees that edge our side yard between our lot and our neighbor's since we are on the corner in the subdivision.

Believe me when I say there is nothing worse than a non-functioning coffee maker, griddle, and losing everything in your fridge when every power line from the outer banks slam close to Charlotte are down and nobody can tell you when the power will be back on. Generators charge & run the console games for the kids, the coffee maker, the griddle, and with the inverter, it charges my notebook. :)

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Why not just be it in a regular refrigerator.

From what I understand, the liquid is to be kept in a cool, dry location. For that reason, I opted to not place them in my basement since it is cool, but pretty humid. Again, from what I read, a refrigerator is pretty humid due to the food kept there. It's also cooler than I wanted to keep my juice. I decided to keep it between 55 and 60 which to me seems cool enough. The wine cooler I found had a clear window which I covered with a thick manila envelope and it's totally dark. So far I've noticed no change in the liquid I'm storing there as I've heard people talk about it thickening when refrigerated.

It's all experimental, but educated experimental. This wine cooler is also a three bottle cooler that seems pretty efficient.

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
I am an otherwise law abiding person but this is just different. How could the FDA or any government agency really control this. I see no shortage of illegal drugs or counterfeit goods being peddled on most any street corner so how is this any different.
Its different to me because this time its a pure and deliberate lie about public health or safety and the truth will prevail. Oh ya how long did prohibition work? I will go underground above ground or any route to beat this.
This hole thing just Pisses me to no end!!!:mad:
i

"People have a responsibility to disobey unjust laws" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Truer words were never spoken :D

SKing

Moved On
May 19, 2009
Colorado
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
what I unfortunately predict is that the online shops will come down, they'll be forced to take their websites down, told that these are illegal. The very least/best they'll be able to hope for wold be allowed to exist but forced to sell to the very scant few (and getting fewer all the time) number of countries who can legally accept/buy e-cigs and supplies.
I'm afraid this is how the US sellers are going to go away because they're going to hit us two fold

1. "E -cigs are a a nicotine delivery device, yes, even when you don't use nicotine in them" (see a maddening exchange someone here actually had with the FDA via email about this)

2. E cigs are a tobacco product, the PACT (I think thats the one) is going to ban the mailing of tobacco products" -- this one's really rotten because its also liable to close down snus and nasal snuff suppliers as well

3. Nicotine liquid will either be considered a 'tobacco product' along with the e cig (see above) or will be reclassified as a controlled substance and therefore considered a drug and the sale of products containing pure/liquid nicotine (in amounts above the amount a tomato etc will hold) will be prohibited.

I'm thinking as long as passthroughs don't break, we don't manage to melt or lose our cartridges and we can figre out the amazing feat of how to construct our own atomizers or come up with creative alternate devices (that don't even resemble cigarettes in any way whatsoever) we may at least be able to vape (but just vape, no nicotine)

otherwise we're going to have to learn how to get creative with loose tobacco we can still buy directly over the counter (how to make our own snus etc from it for either snusing or maybe even vaping a la tropical bob's ingenious idea).

this is kinda gonna be like people who have permission to partake of certain medicinal herbs.. they can possess it, they can supposedly use it, but good actually luck actually getting a hold of it, cultivating it, sharing it with others also permitted to partake or finding a device or a place in which you can safely partake , etc etc without somebody's risking arrest.

in the event of Emageddon, seriously I'm thinking for me the most likely outcome will be

I'm still planning on one of my options being possibly to go down to 0 e-cig nicotine and just using it for the hand-to-mouth pyschological piece of the 'hey, I'm smoking!" thing and seeing what smokeless tobacco work arounds I can device out of standard pipe/'american spirit' etc types of tobacco (like maybe trying to make my own snus out of it) from tobaccos that I can still buy directly over the counter

maybe by the time all my atomizers wear out I wouldn't need the e-cig any more, sad but true that's today about how realistically it would work out for me, but at least I still wouldn't be smoking

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Whistlrr,
This could all very well happen.

What really pisses me off is the its a fact what we have is less harmful, by content than analogs, and IT WORKS. There is alot of things the FDA could be doing in the peoples better interest. If they want to ensure the quality of the liquid, so be it. No one would argue that. They chose to compare it to a nic inhaler (lmao) not an analog. How many people use this to replace a nic inhaler? Just the ones that tried it and it failed like the rest of thier lame NRT attempts of it all being about the nicotine. Well, it's not.
Its about the $.

The best advice IMHO is to stock what you can , while you can, and throw nothing broken away. You will still have threaded parts to work with and there is no part of a PV or mod that cannot be made. So, the issue come to e liquid. No known process can derive the content amount nicotine fom straight tobacco equal to what is needed to be vaped. TB's snus is the best substitue going even if vaping just PG & flavor with a portion in your mouth.

If all worse happens a subculture will form, some will learn, some will develop, some will help, some will teach, others will invent. That's where the crime really exists. It shouldn't have to go that far.

The second shame comes to the new people it would have attracted if it were legal. They stand little hope of success. As always, a certain percentage will persue and succeed many won't.

Our government has fallen to the point of wanting to control every aspect of our lives without choice or the choices they allow. Vaping hurts no one and if it does even a little its far less than analogs and is singular in nature.
They can chose to ban, outlaw, whatever, but the blood from the deaths of analogs falls on thier $ stuffed coffers.

End rant.

Last edited:

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Not trying to be a wise guy but let me throw out a true/false question.
T or F; Crack ....... is worse than E-Cigs?

I'm betting everyone answers this one the same... sad to say but I would guess that no matter where you are at this moment you could, if you wanted to do so, go out a buy the Crack and be back in front of your computer in less than 30 minutes.
I doubt that E-Cigs and supplies will every become criminalized but if they did 'other' sources would pop up pretty quickly to service the market.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
How many atomizers for a 510 or 801 would be a safe supply for a year or two stash?

I bought 10 BE112, three 801 and three 201 attys on July 1st for my JS and Super T.
So far, 4.5 months later, only one 201 is dad.

At this rate I would need to buy another batch in 15 X 4.5 = 67.5 months = 5 years and 7.5 months, but it's probably not that realistic.

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
If only I had the cash to stock up... =[

You're not alone my friend. I'm trying to hold a family together with just my disability income with a hubby that can't work yet can't get through the disability progress, a 12yo child in school, and myself, disabled with blindness, lupus (SLE type - worst type to have), and Sjogren's disease along with all the problems the latter two bring into the picture and it's a lot.

Take a gander at a day with lupus, although our days differ as I am no longer able to work and I am on a much larger and stronger dosage of medication to remain comfortable as possible... the pain can be brought down to tolerable but it's never truly gone; however, on the other end of the spectrum when the pain is bad - it's emergency room or blow my brains out bad. :(

The Spoon Theory
ButYouDontLookSick.com

It only takes one time to overdo it or once catching a cold or as recently occurred, catching the regular flu then coming down with the H1N1 flu, which lead to an upper respiratory infection to put me flat on my backside and in a world of hurt. I'm still getting over the H1N1. I'm even more uncomfortable now b/c I haven't been able to take my HRT medication (controls hot flashes, chills, and irritability, etc... thanks to menopause, which like the women in my family I entered peri then full-blown menopause early and now thanks to a cyst that has a probability of being cancerous but I won't know anything until more tests are run (another mammogram & ultrasound) in Dec/Jan & there's no guarantees that will tell more than we know so far & could have me waiting another 6 mos for more tests before anyone knows if the cyst in my breast is cancerous or not. The estrogen in the HRT drugs cause cancer to grow faster so I can't take any of the medications to control the symptoms of menopause or I risk the cyst growing and possibly spreading beyond a manageable state where doctors can remove it through surgery and/or with the assistance of chemo or radiation therapy, which I dread like the plague b/c I have a severe phobia of throwing up. It's ironic b/c most of the meds I take for lupus cause nausea and vomiting. I happen to live in a state that doesn't recognize medical marijuana and I have no way to gain access to the herb or I'd be using it now to handle the lupus flares and illnesses when taking the meds. Other lupus patients in states w/ medical marijuana agreements proclaim this is a wonder drug. They can take their meds without tossing them back up, they feel better, they can eat w/o getting sick, and most of all, they can have a life b/c the herb helps with the fatigue!

When they say misery loves company, sweetie, you're not alone. I'm there with you. :)=:)

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
I don't know what exactly to say, but, that I admire your ability to continue. The best buds, from the best BC weed, Hawiian...should be freely given to y'all. Our laws are so ........ it sucks. Bob

You're not alone my friend. I'm trying to hold a family together with just my disability income with a hubby that can't work yet can't get through the disability progress, a 12yo child in school, and myself, disabled with blindness, lupus (SLE type - worst type to have), and Sjogren's disease along with all the problems the latter two bring into the picture and it's a lot.

Take a gander at a day with lupus, although our days differ as I am no longer able to work and I am on a much larger and stronger dosage of medication to remain comfortable as possible... the pain can be brought down to tolerable but it's never truly gone; however, on the other end of the spectrum when the pain is bad - it's emergency room or blow my brains out bad. :(

The Spoon Theory
ButYouDontLookSick.com

It only takes one time to overdo it or once catching a cold or as recently occurred, catching the regular flu then coming down with the H1N1 flu, which lead to an upper respiratory infection to put me flat on my backside and in a world of hurt. I'm still getting over the H1N1. I'm even more uncomfortable now b/c I haven't been able to take my HRT medication (controls hot flashes, chills, and irritability, etc... thanks to menopause, which like the women in my family I entered peri then full-blown menopause early and now thanks to a cyst that has a probability of being cancerous but I won't know anything until more tests are run (another mammogram & ultrasound) in Dec/Jan & there's no guarantees that will tell more than we know so far & could have me waiting another 6 mos for more tests before anyone knows if the cyst in my breast is cancerous or not. The estrogen in the HRT drugs cause cancer to grow faster so I can't take any of the medications to control the symptoms of menopause or I risk the cyst growing and possibly spreading beyond a manageable state where doctors can remove it through surgery and/or with the assistance of chemo or radiation therapy, which I dread like the plague b/c I have a severe phobia of throwing up. It's ironic b/c most of the meds I take for lupus cause nausea and vomiting. I happen to live in a state that doesn't recognize medical marijuana and I have no way to gain access to the herb or I'd be using it now to handle the lupus flares and illnesses when taking the meds. Other lupus patients in states w/ medical marijuana agreements proclaim this is a wonder drug. They can take their meds without tossing them back up, they feel better, they can eat w/o getting sick, and most of all, they can have a life b/c the herb helps with the fatigue!

When they say misery loves company, sweetie, you're not alone. I'm there with you. :)=:)

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
I'm so new to this and still suffering w/d's from all the nasty stuff
on top of not being the most balanced personality to begin with
this is splitting my personalities exponentially,
they're running around like kids out of school.

Dunno if to be furious or frightened.

I want to go stand in the AG's office and puff on my e-cig
and DARE them to arrest me, for what? BWAHAHAahaaa..
I want to puff huge clouds of vapor
within 6' of the "No smoking within 10 feet" signs.
I want to buy a bunch of e-cigs and sell them on the streetcorner
and dare the Powers That Be to tell me i can't.

And i want to crawl under my covers with my stash and hope
that reason prevails.

But i'm ultimately a take-care-of-myself sort of guy,
and most intrigued with the idea of growing my own tobacco.

Ironically it's harder to google now b/c PV's come up first for "vaporizer"
but since i'm cleaning my lungs
i was thinking about getting a vaporizer for some of my *other* medications...
haven't ever tried one but aren't the principles similar?
Excepting if i understand correctly "traditional" vaporizers
are for use with whole dried herb, not juice,
and once i shake them off,
i don't want any the other tobacco chemicals other than nicotine
so i'd have to figure how to extract it.
Er which makes my idea go the wrong way at the gate

now all my little identities have confused themselves but
ya know what i mean?
I still can't post linkage, but something like,
h ttp s://shop.marijuanavaporizer.com/vapir-oxygen-with-rechargeable-battery-12799-15-p.asp
...could be modded to use juice, extracted from homegrown tobaccky?
No not pretty but when the stakes are life or death...

My prayers are with all you good folk.
You're all here, each and every one,
because you want to do the right thing.
So whether you hoard, fight the good fight,
or both, or something lateral,
blessings on you all,

Om shanti

- joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread