Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaricnj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Jersey
www.mgiannella.com
I pretty much quit smoking right after my first PV. I tried everything to quit you can think of. During my many "I want to quit" phases i went back to smoking without success. I think i was trying to get of my nicotine addiction too fast which is why i failed. With PVs and vapor its not the nicotine I'm trying to quit but all the horrible things that are in analogs. My goal is to slowly go down on nicotine at some point but one thing is for sure - I'm not going back to analogs.

I'm sometimes amazed when I'm outside with co-workers who are smoking, the smell. I never noticed how bad the smell when i was smoking. Most of my co-workers are very curious about my new lifestyle; I'm sure most think its a fad but i don't think so, i feel completely confident that i will never go back.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
That first smoke in the morning is mighty hard to give up. Reading this forum has made me believe that it is possible to quit smoking but finding a juice that tastes like cigs would sure help.
I'm personally glad they don't taste like cigs! I enjoy the yummy flavors so much more!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Congratulations, hippiegirl! I have been totally off cigs now for a year and l0 months....after smoking more than a pack a day for 40 years! I'm still amazed at how easy it was, and I don't miss them at ALL anymore. At first, for about the first month or so, I would get to thinking I "must" want a cigarette....I mean, how could I not?? So I had a few here and there. The first time I went for 24 hours without one (that included that tough 1st one in the morning and the couple with a great cup of coffee I thought I couldn't give up) I was so excited that I just made a vow to keep it going. Haven't smoked since and by this time have almost forgotten I was ever a smoker. It's VERY liberating.

Setzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belfast
I actually never tried to give up the stinkies. I got myself a pv because I dont like to smoke in peoples houses that dont smoke even if they told me it was ok I just felt bad stinking up their house. I also dont like smoking in my own house so I used to have to go outside to smoke and standing in the rain and cold wasnt much fun so I ordered a kit and started vaping at home at night watching tv etc so I didnt have to go outside anymore and a massive bonus was that I could vape in bed watching tv or reading which I never did!

Over about 2 weeks I gradually moved more and more to vaping and then just realised that vaping was so so much better on so many fronts that I didnt bother smoking anymore and I didnt miss a single stinkie as I could have one if I wanted but I just didnt want any more after a while and now I know I will NEVER EVER smoke another cancer stick again.
If I ran out of juice or for some reason I had no vaping equipment I would just suffer rather than smoke another cig.

Vaping has totally changed my life in a lot of ways and all for the better. Someone actually said to me a while ago that I was looking a lot better and was asking what I had done! I didnt actually realise it was because of switching to vaping until the person asked a friend what I had done and he mentioned I had stopped smoking and then the penny dropped!

TAP352

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
New York
I first started vaping while still smoking to save some money. At first I was vaping and smoking 10 cigarettes a day eventually I cut down to 2 a day then finally 1 a day. Then I got sick for a week with a bad chest cold and horrible cough and put down the real cigs and only vaped. I've been analog free for about a week and half now.

Setzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belfast
I started vaping so I didnt smoke in my or anyone else's house as I never thought it was fair stinking up someones house.
I really didnt have any intention to quit but gradually over about 2 weeks I just moved more and more to vaping until I didnt smoke at all and have now been free of cigs for about 9 months and loving it!

I always enjoyed smoking which was my problem in trying to give up and didnt use vaping as a way of stopping, it just happened and I couldnt be happier as vaping has totally changed my life for the better!

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I only vape now. I used to smoke two packs a day but now, even lighting up a cigarette and that first inhale makes me gag even when I try my hardest not to. Even if I try to inhale, my throat closes up a split second into inhaling. about 8 months of vaping now, I can't imagine how much effort was needed when I started cigarettes, seeing how I can barely smoke one now:laugh:

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I love threads like this. I've been trying and trying to give up the cigarettes.
Reading all the threads from people who get an ecig and never look back can be depressing....
Vaping has certainly helped me to cut down, but I haven't been able to get completely off of cigarettes.
The morning is the worse and right after a meal. Other times of the day seem to be much easier.
I found the vaping while driving is really great. It nice to not worry about ashes and disposing of the butts.....
I'm going to keep trying but it's taking a while for me to completely make the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread