Do you still smoke and Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
i did at first and if i get in a bind and lose all vaping ability like right now i have nothing but a broken mod 11 new carts and 6 fully charged batteries with four new bottles of juice i am so frustrated i have no choice but to smoke just so i dont kill someone

i should have kept my backup instead of letting a friend borrow it just so she could take off with it and move without telling me
:evil::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::evil:

I feel your pain. I was operating on one battery for a couple of weeks, and really regretted having to go for a smoke while it was on the charger.

Not sure what connection your mod uses, but it may be worth keeping a small battery or passthrough around in case of emergencies :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I smoked 2 pad+ for 37 years. I never, ever, ever thought I could quit. And, I thought that ecigs were probably a scam. Luckily, I have a brother in the same situation who finally decided to do the research and find out for himself. He's the one who found ECF, among other things.

Cigarettes were more of a master (with me as a slave) than they were a pleasure. After 37 years, I'm thrilled to finally be free!

It took me a few days to work out the bugs and get the hang of it. But, once I did that was it. I had a few packs left and held on to them for a few weeks just in case. If I had gotten rid of them right away, I would have felt panicky and wanted one.

I was raised at a time when everyone smoked everywhere, in the grocery store, in classrooms, everywhere! So, it's not so much about getting a nicotine fix as it's about having my binky/my comfort with me at all times.

And, since I can't smoke inside, it's vape or do without. The issue for me wasn't my health. It was the smell. The smell made it so that I couldn't smoke inside, and it made it harder to get a decent job. If you smell like cigarettes, you probably won't get the job.

I really didn't expect this little experiment to work. But, I'm ever so grateful that it did! The only craving I've had is for the simplicity. Light and burn, so simple!

Chris, I used to drip exclusively. I just kept several PV's already loaded in the passenger seat. When one went dry, I would throw it to the side and pick up the next one. Of course, I didn't have to drive for a whole hour!

But, with fat batts, Stardusts, LR cartos, and EMDCC's to choose from nowadays, surely there's a solution out there. Just keep on trying, and good luck!

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
On 2/9/12 my first PV arrived, and I smoked the last cigarette in the last pack I'd purchased the day before. Amazingly, I haven't bought, bummed, touched, or even thought about smoking a cigarette since. After being a long-time smoker who began when smoking was considered "glamorous" and "cool", and cigarette ads were as common as ads for laundry detergent, and the real truth about them hadn't been shared with smokers...I was astounded by how effective vaping has been for me, right out of the gate.

Jolteon

Apr 10, 2012
KC Metro Area
I still have my morning smoke, vape during the day, then have another analog when I get home from work. From there on it depends. Usually I am content sitting around and vaping away, but if I go grab a beer with some friends or something I'll usually have 2-3 more analogs.

Still much better than the pack-a-day I was smoking. Eventually I figure I'll get tired and/or grossed out by smoking analogs as so many around the forum have.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Ben. The day I began vaping I stopped smoking except for trying an analog 4 hrs after beginning- didn't like it. That's the problem with vaping- some stop immediately while others gradually switch over. It could be you still have a yearning for WTA. E-Juice Whole Tobacco Alkaloid/ WTA is available for those that want it. From a website:
"Why is WTA being produced?
Some vapers find that substituting e-cigarettes for smoking is not an equivalent experience. They fail to feel the same physiological effects and don’t reach the same satisfaction levels. For some, this makes it harder to transition to e-cigarettes or to refrain from smoking. The primary purpose of WTA is to provide the “missing satisfaction”, thus helping those struggling with cigarette cravings while vaping."
For some vapers WTA has been a Godsend.
Here's an ECF discussion and vaper's thoughts on WTA:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...80282-how-wta-aroma-ejuice-make-me-feel.html:

Good Luck and it's great to hear from you again.

k3n1107

Jan 18, 2011
New York
I initially bought a Blu ecig and IMO, it blew, they couldn't have named it any better. I went straight to an EGO-T and when I first bought it, I had no intentions of quitting. During the freakishly cold and wintery season in 2010, I bought the ecig with not having to go outside and smoke during work as much. I was using analogs at the same time but noticed that I cut down drastically after a month and was down to 3 analogs a day. Naturally one day I ran out of analogs and walked into a store to purchase a pack, with the $12 dollars (yes, that's how much they cost here in NYC) in my hand and just about ready to pay, I decided I quit. Needless to say the clerk wasn't too happy but everyone else in line clapped, lol, it was a very interesting scene. Personally, I think it's about buying the right ecig, and finding the right juice. Once your palate is satified, everything else is that much easier. I have not looked back since that day, no urges or temptations, including being around people who smoke. Stick with it, even if you do still smoke analogs, something will click one day. Best wishes.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Pack and a half a day smoker here and I haven't gone a single day without smoking in twenty years.

Vaping is quickly taking its place. I just got into this vaping thing a couple weeks ago and I'm down to about 5 analogs per day now.

I haven't had a cig in six hours already, thanks to ecigs.. and that's saying something!!

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Every so often I try a real cig to see if I am missing anything. It is awful. I have used ecigs 6 mos now after smoking 48 yrs all I can say is how in the hell did I smoke these things for all those years. And the expense is mind boggling. I am much more healthy than any ex- smoker I know but still they still taste like crap. 6 mos ago ago I would not have believed any of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread