Do you still smoke and Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldybug102070

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Illinois
I smoked for 25 yrs. 2 pad. I started vaping a couple years ago and did both. It helped me cut down to 1 pad. It got to the point where I just couldn't afford both habits and I had to make a choice. So it is 7 months later and I am analog free. The 2 hardest parts for me were mornings and work. I would smoke at least 2 cigs before I even stepped foot out of my bed. And my job is very stressful and I just couldnt imagine making it through a single day with out the stinkies. But I did it and I am so proud of myself. I loved smoking and never thought in a million years that I would be able to make it 7 months. For all of you who are wanting to achieve the same thing..... Do it on ur own terms at your own pace and you will get there.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?n3nnrb

I don't use analogs anymore....after a week of vaping I tried one and it tasted like a burnt ashes....it was awful and I smoked for 30 years. Try to go a few day without smoking and just vape and you will probably feel the same way. I'm not saying I don't crave them sometimes, but the taste stops me from lighting one up. Good Luck and I hope you do well :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
No....after my car accident yesterday, I lit one and took the tiniest puff ever off an analog and immediately put it out.I dont even think I inhaled, it just tasted that nasty.I dont want to to EVER go back to that again.

Tonight, I was lying on the couch and I actually smelled my wife eating a porkchop.I cant tell you how many decades its been since Ive been able to do that.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I started vaping after quitting analogs cold turkey for two weeks. (That was about seven months ago.) Like most newbies, it wasn't the best vaping experience in the first weeks. I smoked an average of three analogs a week for about one month. But it wasn't the primary reason why I was able to quit analog completely. I was determined to quit, with or without e-cigs. E-cigs just made it much easier.

Even vaping for me is not something I can't give up and I'm finding myself vaping less and less than when I started. Evidence of that is I have completely stopped buying any more e-cig related items.

I smoked and vaped for about a year and a half. I did cut down from a pack a day to about 5-10 a day doing that. What I found was that the smoking harshed up my throat and made vaping burn a lot more, making me enjoy it less. Nonetheless, I felt good about what I was doing and felt good about cutting down successfully.

What finally got me to switch to vaping full time was a lung cancer scare. Last December I bruised a rib when I had a drunken moment and slipped and fell at the bar. After a few days of not getting better I went to urgent care and got a chest X-Ray. They called me back a few hours later and let me know that nothing was broken but that they'd found a nodule on my left lung, and advised me to contact a pulmonologist. He sent me for a CT scan which was inconclusive, and I ended up getting a lung biopsy (they collapsed my lung in the process.)

This whole ordeal scared the living .... out of me. Luckily, it ended up being valley fever (very common in AZ.) I'd never been so happy to be diagnosed with a disease in my entire life :) I suddenly found myself completely disgusted with the idea of smoking, and finally switched to vaping full time.

Since the switch, I can say that vaping is FAR more enjoyable. The harshness is gone and I truly enjoy it now. I have had a few cigarettes since, mostly out of curiosity, and can 100% say that I didn't enjoy them the way I used to. Now that my mind has switched into vaping mode, when I get a nicotine craving, my mind wants the e-cig and not a cigarette. This wasn't the case when I was doing both.

The moral of the story: At least for me, I really needed to switch 100% to vaping to fully enjoy the experience. It sucks that it took a lung cancer scare to make that happen, but I guess sometimes life shoves you in a certain direction when you need a kick in the .... These are my 2 cents, obviously YMMV.

Yay!!! I quit smoking!! Didn't expect to at all....did not even want to really. I use to vape a couple years ago with the ego and the e-liquid. It didn't really work for me. I ended up smoking analogs again. The product wasn't working for me. Juice in my mouth, hard to obtain more, and they started to taste funny. Now, i noticed, there are much more effective, efficient e-cigs on the market. Better pulls, more vape, simple, look and act like an analog, so I bought one and have not bought a cigarette in almost 3 weeks! I love my new ecig. I don't crave analogs. In fact i had one last week and a half one today and both times got a horrible headache. No More. YUCK. I am satisfied. It does cost me a little less than analogs and i feel and smell far better already. E-cigs rock!! I am supremely thrilled about this!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I discovered ecigs about 3-4 years ago. I was so excited and bought so many and converted many friends too. They were those little mini 401's and RN4081 ones, (newbies now are so lucky not to have to start with those useles little things). Then I found 901's and bought loads of them too lol. Anyway I vaped on and off for years... But they were such a hassle to fill and to daily clean the atomizers was a chore and my juice was lousy and too weak. Finally I was vaping way more off than on. In the end I only bothered when I was flying.

About 7 months ago, I came back to the forum, done some research and bought some great PV's and an eGo-T etc. and a mixed lot of different cartomizers. I also bought some gourmet juices - all super strong with extra flavor. I was determined that I would have no excuse to fail. From the day my NEW stuff arrived, I never smoked a single cigarette. I was fortunate though, that I wasn't working, so never had to be around other smokers and no one in my house smokes and neither do my friends. I also avoided places I used to smoke before, like certain coffee shops or whatever.

I smoked 1-2 PAD for almost 30 years and never really thought that I could do it. I have never been so happy to prove myself wrong lol.

I basically vape as much as possible, but I do still smoke analogs while driving (still working on finding a solution that lasts through my 1hr+ commute).

The funny thing about it is I find myself smoking analogs, and wishing they were my e-cig. I should probably take that as I sign that I need to vape more :)
Chris, what on earth are you using that lasts less than 1 hour? Just as an example, some cartomizers like the Stardust and Smoktech Dual Coil (and many others) hold up to 6ml juice. A good battery can last a whole day! Plus you need more than one PV to rotate.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I spent some time smoking and vaping at the same time. Several months, in fact.

Smoking and vaping at the same time allowed me to learn how nicotine from a cigarette tastes and how I feel when the nicotine hits my system. Yes, after 35 years of smoking I had to learn that. Then I learned how to recognize the same signals from vaping my nicotine juice.

Bottom line: I used to smoke 30 Camel Blue cigarettes a day at .8mg nicotine per cigarette. That works out to 24mg nicotine a day.

It took 2ml of 24mg juice per day to get me off cigarettes entirely. That's 48mg of nicotine a day. The first three days on vaping with no cigarettes were not easy. 24mg of nicotine from smoking tobacco does not equal 48mg of nicotine from vaping. The vaping delivers a lot less. My vaping was a lot less efficient at delivering nicotine than smoking. My switch to vaping was uncomfortable for two reasons: I was getting less nicotine from vaping than smoking and I was getting none of the other addictive substances that accompany nicotine in tobacco tar.

So, the first rough days were worth it. Now I vape only. I don't smoke at all. I still get nicotine but at a smaller amount than while I smoked. That's a plus. I do 2ml of 24mg nicotine juice a day.

Yes, drinking water helps. So does getting plenty of sleep, improving diet and getting more daily exercise. Walking at least five miles a day helps me.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I think, once you really enjoy vapeing you won't need the analog.
I decided that vaping tasted a lot better than smoking two weeks after I started vaping. That helped a lot, but not enough to allow me to give up those first few cigarettes every morning.

The decision to quit cigarettes entirely came a few months later for me. At that time I just decided I liked vaping better and I wasn't ever going to buy or bum a cigarette again. I was tired of having two sets of laundry: one was smoking and the other non-smoking. Didn't like the smell of cigarettes at my work bench. Part of the secret to staying off cigarettes is to cut off the supply completely.

I started vaping somewhere at the end of last November. For the first 2 months, every once a week or so I'd try a cigarette to see if I still liked it. Every time I had the same reaction, I found I did not like it.

Now I even dislike it when someone else is smoking in the same room.

I've not smoked a cigarette in this year. Not going back.

Juno First

Apr 24, 2012
Netherlands
I started vaping last week, and from the moment I started vaping I quit cigarettes. (Yes, I am a noob)
This morning, I tried a cigarette from my colleague just to compare. It tasted like burning rolled up plant ;) So I guess I'm a happy vaper now.
Right now, I think I don't want to smoke analogs anymore. But who knows what will happen?

angel755

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I started vaping last week, and from the moment I started vaping I quit cigarettes. (Yes, I am a noob)
This morning, I tried a cigarette from my colleague just to compare. It tasted like burning rolled up plant ;) So I guess I'm a happy vaper now.
Right now, I think I don't want to smoke analogs anymore. But who knows what will happen?

Best of luck to you! 10 days for me since last analog. I count the days not because I miss them but more so that I am amazed it has been this easy!! I can't say I feel totally out of the woods and feel like you "who knows what will happen" but...I feel pretty darned good and optimistic about it! Vape on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread