Do's and Dont's for First Timers...from a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanDan

May 24, 2012
Sparks, NV
I'm a newbie lucky enough to live two blocks from a storefront so going online to buy my supplies is not an issue for me. buy the best you can afford, you get what you pay for and it WILL pay for itself in a few months! I bought the joyetech eGo-C, clearomizers and about 100ml of different liquids. The store would have swapped out the atomizers for cartomizers/clearomizers but I kept the kit intact and use the atomizers to test different liquids before filling a clearomizer. Great post for us newbies ;)

2hot

May 18, 2012
Bama
I didn't read the whole 34+ pages but it sure started out on the right foot. I would add:

DON'T limit yourself to the size of a cigarette (I like the eGo line personally)
DON'T limit yourself to premixed e-juice/e-liquid (learn to mix your own)
DON'T think you have to get the high nic content (I smoked light 100's and shouldn't have got the 24mg e-juice to start) now I'm mixing up 12mg juice.
DON'T give up due to initial cost (it is a lot cheaper in the long run)

DO be careful with liquid nicotine (it is a strong poison, use gloves (it is absorbed thru the skin))
DO try a few flavors (don't let 1 bad flavor stop you)
DO let the e-juice/e-liquid steep (many premixes are fresh made and need to be steeped for the flavor to come out)
DO shop around and do your research, but DON'T put it off forever, get started

My eGo-C arrived on 5-17-2012 and I had my last cigarette while unpacking it and setting it up.
So far Irish Cream , and Watermelon are pretty good.
:2c:

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I disagree with telling a noob to make their own juice. Although this will save you money, it can be dangerous. Noobs have enough to learn without trying to make juice concoctions. You can get 5ml-10ml sample bottles for as little as $2.50 or even free. The only thing I would say is to avoid getting the juice from hardware companies like v4l or boog. You can get better juice with better customization from places like ecblends or vapedudes

OregonYeti

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
Ha Ha, Zee, yeah I'll admit I made a stupid post and erased it :)

I've tried different flavors and from what I've tried, there's one that's been most satisfying, and I'm not sure why. I like the fruit and cocktail flavors, they taste great, but they've left me wanting something, I'm not sure what.

The one that really does it for me is ECBlend's chocolate mint coconut crunch, with the "cool hit" option. Maybe it's the mint and the "cool hit" touch of menthol that you can feel, but not really taste. I didn't smoke menthols, but a touch of it in e-cigarettes makes the "throat hit" good. This is the flavor I first tried, that got me off of tobacco cigarettes with no problem, and still the most satisfying, somehow.

Last edited:

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
wow, i just have to say thank you for this thread. I read the entire thread and have learned so much. I just got my ego-c a few times ago and am having some issues with it. I look forward to learning more and more so i can find exactly what i like so i can kick the analog habit!

you go girl!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Very nice post-

I'm giving this bit to my husband-

DON'T UNDERSPEND
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE
DON'T UNDERSTOCK
DO GET THE BEST PERSONAL VAPE SYSTEM
DO EXPECT EXPECT TO QUIT ANALOGS - FOREVER
DO PURCHASE MORE THAN ENOUGH FROM THE BEGINNING

Thats what Im talking about...
Best Noob advice yet!!

2hot

May 18, 2012
Bama
I disagree with telling a noob to make their own juice. Although this will save you money, it can be dangerous. Noobs have enough to learn without trying to make juice concoctions. You can get 5ml-10ml sample bottles for as little as $2.50 or even free. The only thing I would say is to avoid getting the juice from hardware companies like v4l or boog. You can get better juice with better customization from places like ecblends or vapedudes
You do have a point. I'm just old school where they taught you how to work with chemicals safely in science class. I've worked with so many safety is second nature. I did say:
"DO be careful with liquid nicotine (it is a strong poison, use gloves (it is absorbed thru the skin))"

Learning is good, learning is fun. Putting what you learned into action can be dangerous, so anyone that has any doubts about safety procedures should leave the chemistry part of it up to those that know what they're doing.

So your point is well taken. SAFETY FIRST!!!
:toast:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Just stopped by to give a shout out to PaporPlas -WoooHooo! I'm still doing well...and oddly enough am just about to take a plunge into DIY e-liquid. I've been studying for awhile and was given all I need to DIY except flavorings. I've ordered some and they are on their way. I am now planning where in my abode I can safely mix. I have a cat and wouldn't want to do anything to harm him.
I plan on exercising great care when using the nic liquid and have a good pair of latex gloves to use while handling it; I also plan to mix in an area with a sink so that if I need to I can wash my hands -or any other area- if I need to while handling the nic liquid.
Thanks PaporPlas...great thread.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Just stopped by to give a shout out to PaporPlas -WoooHooo! I'm still doing well...and oddly enough am just about to take a plunge into DIY e-liquid. I've been studying for awhile and was given all I need to DIY except flavorings. I've ordered some and they are on their way. I am now planning where in my abode I can safely mix. I have a cat and wouldn't want to do anything to harm him.
I plan on exercising great care when using the nic liquid and have a good pair of latex gloves to use while handling it; I also plan to mix in an area with a sink so that if I need to I can wash my hands -or any other area- if I need to while handling the nic liquid.
Thanks PaporPlas...great thread.

Cool stuff Yardbyrd! Let us know your bestest favorite mix?

: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread