1187 Hundertwasser
Now now gents

2W2OdpU.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I thnk mods need to start going back in the way of "no bells and whistles".
Absolutely.... we dont need TC... we dont need flashing lights... and we definitely dont need voice control.. sigh.... lol.... just good solid mods with good battery life and built to last... :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've always liked Todd's reviews.....even from the carto tank days. I've had the pleasure of communicating with him on a few occasions and found a very nice 67 squonker in my mailbox all the way from Scotland. It wasn't owed nor was it expected. Just a nice gesture was all.
I'm not sure how one can call his reviews biased when he dings a mod designed by a close friend of his, yet occasionally gushes over a device from a company he doesn't exactly care for. He's given $20 atomizers rave reviews and ripped apart $200 ones. I've not noticed the infomercial vibe in his reviews and he stays away from drama. He raises money from auctioning alot of this "free" gear and donates it to charities. I don't get the hate.
I know I'll never change anyone's opinion of him, but I think he's one of the last genuine gentlemen doing reviews. I appreciate what he does....especially the stuff he does anonymously. Class act.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I've always liked Todd's reviews.....even from the carto tank days. I've had the pleasure of communicating with him on a few occasions and found a very nice 67 squonker in my mailbox all the way from Scotland. It wasn't owed nor was it expected. Just a nice gesture was all.
    I'm not sure how one can call his reviews biased when he dings a mod designed by a close friend of his, yet occasionally gushes over a device from a company he doesn't exactly care for. He's given $20 atomizers rave reviews and ripped apart $200 ones. I've not noticed the infomercial vibe in his reviews and he stays away from drama. He raises money from auctioning alot of this "free" gear and donates it to charities. I don't get the hate.
    I know I'll never change anyone's opinion of him, but I think he's one of the last genuine gentlemen doing reviews. I appreciate what he does....especially the stuff he does anonymously. Class act.
    Agree!
    And he shows up on the forum occasionally.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    I was impressed with Dean's logical description of why it is the shape it is and the decision to make it his way!
    Yes it is Big, so what, so are all the two battery squonkers!
    Its comes in pretty colors, has an easy to use board, long battery life and squonks.
    If thats what you want GET IT!
    If it isn't what you are looking for, well don't.
    And as far as the review, he can't win for losing, if he gushed, well he's his friend! If he knocks it a bit, well he is not a very good friend.:facepalm:

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Absolutely.... we dont need TC...

Umm speak for yourself. After using TC for a while I refuse to vape any other way. I can get super fast ramp up time and then a steady temp all the way through the draw that never gets too hot or overcooks the juice. Super smooth and perfect vape every time and never a dry burnt hit. So to me TC is a requirement.

Absolutely.... we dont need flashing lights... and we definitely dont need voice control.. sigh.... lol.... just good solid mods with good battery life and built to last... :)

The rest of this I fully agree with.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA

^^THIS^^ I agree 100% Todd was the first reviewer I found and I have been watching him since then. I especially like his reviews of all the small Maker Mods as I shop for those once in a while. I pulled the trigger on my IMEX based on his review.

Gushing over, back on topic - I really do want to give this a try. Not having TC isnt that big of a deal for me as I like TC, but I have never had much luck getting a consistent vape from a device that does not have a DNA board.

My biggest issue right now is trying to find a US retailer that will carry it.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    ^^THIS^^ I agree 100% Todd was the first reviewer I found and I have been watching him since then. I especially like his reviews of all the small Maker Mods as I shop for those once in a while. I pulled the trigger on my IMEX based on his review.

Gushing over, back on topic - I really do want to give this a try. Not having TC isnt that big of a deal for me as I like TC, but I have never had much luck getting a consistent vape from a device that does not have a DNA board.

My biggest issue right now is trying to find a US retailer that will carry it.

MyFreedomSmokes is going to be carrying it. I saw them on the list on Dean’s site, and emailed them about it. They say it will be available on their site in a week or two. I was really happy to hear that since I shop at MFS a lot, and their customer service is top-notch.

Eightvape will also be carrying it, according to Dean, but they are far down on my list of vendors due to problems I’ve encountered with them.

As to the lack of TC, I’m in the same situation. I enjoy TC and have it on quite a few mods, but tend to use it only on my DNA mods since Evolv does it better (or, I should say, does it in a way that I like better). Although, I’ve been leaning more to Replay mode than TC as of recently.

So the lack of TC on the Basion is not a deal killer for me. It has what appears to be a great bottle system, is dual battery, and does VV. That’s all I need to know to make it a definite purchase.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA
    MyFreedomSmokes is going to be carrying it. I saw them on the list on Dean’s site, and emailed them about it. They say it will be available on their site in a week or two. I was really happy to hear that since I shop at MFS a lot, and their customer service is top-notch.

Thanks @hazozita, last time I checked Deans's site (Last week) he didn't didn't have any US Venders listed, and thank you for taking the time to confirm with MFS that they will have it. I have ordered from them before and had a good experience so they will work for me!

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    @Rathamar The Basium is now available at MFS. Price is $79.95, but today is the last day of their 17% 4th of July sale, so it comes to $66.36. All colors are in except green, which of course was my top choice. Went for the brushed stainless.

Basium 180 Watt Squonker Mod by Dovpo

Code for 17% is MFS4THSALE. Good until midnight (EST) today (July 9).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread