Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Saw that Dovpo is going to be releasing the Armour dual battery squonker. Seems to be unregulated based on the specs released so far. Could be interesting -- looking forward to the final version. FT has it on pre-order for about $68.

dovepo.JPG
dovpo2.JPG

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Saw a couple of reviews of the Dovpo that were pretty positive. Since FT has a 15% off coupon for the next couple of days, it knocked the price down to $51 which was not too bad. I'll post my impressions once it arrives in a few weeks.
Looking forward to your thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got the Dovpo in (got the blue and red version) and while I can’t really pass judgement after only using it for half a day, so far it’s been a real treat. Very nice build quality. It’s lightweight, but has a very solid feel to it. Zero rattles, and a nicely made battery door. Extremely comfortable to hold and squonk.

It comes with only one bottle that is dark colored. I prefer lighter bottles so I can see the juice level, so swapped it out for a YFTK bottle from FT. It’s virtually the same size (just a tad taller) and fits fine. The cap from the Dovpo bottle threads perfectly onto the YFTK, so I used the Dovpo top and tube since that was already cut to size.

Zero leaking. The spring loaded 510 has enough travel so that everything I’ve tried on it fits flush. It can hold a 25mm atty without overhang, but still looks good with a 24 or 22.

It is dual battery parallel unregulated with a max 4.2v output. I don’t have equipment to measure its output, but from use I can say it hits harder than any of my mech squonkers. The output drops as the batteries discharge. According to the manufacturer specs it can fire down to 0.09 ohms and a max of 130w

There are two indicator lights on the top that show battery voltage (color change from green to yellow to red as voltage drops) and also flash to indicate errors (shorts, over 10 sec puff, over temp). They are bright enough to see but not so bright as to be distracting.

It has an on/off switch on the back side which I find far more useful than the 5-click on/off most mods have. Unfortunately, the back side also has the Bruce (or whatever it is) logo in big letters. It’s not horribly obnoxious, but this is a mod that has a wrap in its future.

It also comes with an atty. Looks interesting, but can’t say anything about it since I’ve not yet tried it out. It comes with a coil and cotton installed. I’ll toss the cotton, give it a wash, and use my own cotton before using it.

Love that there are so many great squonk mods available!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
@hazozita What is it like size wise? Can you compare it to other mods like the gbox or dripbox160?

It’s very compact. I’m a horrible photographer, but hopefully the pic will help a little. I took it as a top view since that seemed to be the best way to compare profiles of each. Left to right is a Driptech DS (clone), the Dovpo, Kanger DB160, Reo P67 and a Hugo Squeezer.

Height-wise, the Dovpo is about 1 mm shorter than the Kanger (I'm eye-balling it, so that's not an exact measurement). The only one in the photo that is shorter in height than the Dovpo is the Hugo by only about 2mm, if that.

Of the three dual battery squonkers in the photo the Dovpo is the most comfortable in hand by far.

compare.jpg

Reactions: Speigel42

EyeCentric

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2017
It’s very compact. I’m a horrible photographer, but hopefully the pic will help a little. I took it as a top view since that seemed to be the best way to compare profiles of each. Left to right is a Driptech DS (clone), the Dovpo, Kanger DB160, Reo P67 and a Hugo Squeezer.

Height-wise, the Dovpo is about 1 mm shorter than the Kanger (I'm eye-balling it, so that's not an exact measurement). The only one in the photo that is shorter in height than the Dovpo is the Hugo by only about 2mm, if that.

Of the three dual battery squonkers in the photo the Dovpo is the most comfortable in hand by far.

View attachment 711633
Thanks for the pic, I've been curious about the Dovpo...

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.

View attachment 711633
Thank you.I'll put this one back on my want list.The dripbox160 was to big and uncomfortable to hold for me.I want dual battery as I vape a lot,but I hate large mods.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
it reminds me of the gbox... That felt kind of cheap in person, and garbage bottle... hows the dovpo quality wise?

I can't speak to longevity since I'm on Day 1 of ownership, but it feels very solid. All aluminum construction, everything fits together very well, good magnets on the bottle door that hold it in solidly in place, but still easy to open since there are finger indents on each side. I swapped out the bottle it came with only because I don't care for dark tinted bottles, but it came with a good quality silicone bottle.

When FT has their CNY sale I'm picking up another one since they now also come in green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread