DUAL cartomizer adapter? HUH? I need this. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
(scratches head)

How are you going to get "double the vapor"?

Seems to me that you can only inhale so much volume at a time. With this, you are splitting that same amount of volume between 2 cartos.

Logically, the effect would be the same as if you took 1/2 a drag off 2 different cartos.

Thinking about it again-

Maybe it is because you are drawing at 1/2 the speed per carto? It would be the same as if you took a full drag off one cart, but doubled the length of time to do the drag.

Dunno...

It Could be Voodoo, Black Magic or Sun Spots.

Or it could be that your putting 2 Cartos into your mouth Instead of 1.

All I know is that if you use this Adapter while standing under a Smoke Alarm, you might want to wear Ear Plugs when you do.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
(scratches head)

How are you going to get "double the vapor"?

Seems to me that you can only inhale so much volume at a time. With this, you are splitting that same amount of volume between 2 cartos.

Logically, the effect would be the same as if you took 1/2 a drag off 2 different cartos.

How about two cigarettes instead of one? More smoke?
Would 2 cartos be more like one cigar?

For me, two cartos is just too much vapor. Looks cool though :)

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
How about two cigarettes instead of one? More smoke?
Would 2 cartos be more like one cigar?

For me, two cartos is just too much vapor. Looks cool though :)

It is too much. Even using 6mg juice I managed to make myself nic sick Friday night/Saturday morning.

I took it off shortly after taking the photos early Saturday morning and will probably only break it out for special occasions from now on.

Using CE3's it puts out more vapor than my Genesis attys, but I was still able to take 5-6 second hits.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
yeah, I saw this... It is one of those things you want to get "just cause" , but then I would have to get atomizers for it, in various ohms ratings and it becomes it's own lil sub-project... :D
Not exactly for me. I want just as much vapor as a dual coil cartomizer, but without the heat.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It is too much. Even using 6mg juice I managed to make myself nic sick Friday night/Saturday morning.

I took it off shortly after taking the photos early Saturday morning and will probably only break it out for special occasions from now on.

Using CE3's it puts out more vapor than my Genesis attys, but I was still able to take 5-6 second hits.

That's funny because the more I use it, the more I like it.

I think what is going on for me is that there is more Vapor but it isn't Hot and Burned Tasting.

The only way I could get this amount of Vapor out of a 2.8 ohm CE2 was to use 4.6+ volts. But a single CE2 doesn't hold up well at this wattage.

I'm running two 2.8 ohm CE2's at 3.9 volts and the Flavor is Great.

---

So Clue me in.

My Provari says that the Ohms are 1.5 when I run Two 2.8 ohm CE2's. At 3.9 volts, the Math says I'm making 10.14 Watts.

Does this mean I'm running 5.07 watts per CE2?

Because there is No Way that a Single CE2 can taste like this at 10.14 watts.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hmm I thought I had explained the ohm math in my original posts.. now i don't remember and I'm not in a math mood at all. lol. but from what I can remember from reading the info on the madvapes website... this device sort of regulates the ohms of the 2 cartos. So if your using 2 1.5 ohm cartomizers with it, you might think your going to be getting a great amount of vapor but actually it levels off right in between 1.5 ohms and 3 ohms, yeah? so, 2.5 ohms or around there, but with dual heating coils... but with more airflow.. so less heat than a single dual coil cartomizer. Yeah? Does this hypotenuse sound legitimate at all? LOL

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
from the madvapes description:
then 2- 3.2 ohm single coil cartomizers will work as the total resistance would be 1.6 ohms.

So if you are using two (2) 4 ohm single coil cartomizers your total resistance is 2 ohms.

Your mod will see the total final resistance and won't know if you have one single coil, a pair of single coils, a single dual coil or 2 dual coils. It just sees the resistance just like a black box was attached.

If you have the amps available try a pair of dual coils for 4 parallel coils total :)
(a pair of 1.5 ohm DCCs in parallel, about 0.75 ohm plus a little extra connection resistance in the adapter).

0.8 ohm @ 3.7 volts (loaded) draws about 4.6 amps for about 17 watts.

Everyone knows a 1.5 ohm DCC don't taste burnt on 3.7 volts.
Why would a pair of them?
Don't try that on a twist :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Your mod will see the total final resistance and won't know if you have one single coil, a pair of single coils, a single dual coil or 2 dual coils. It just sees the resistance just like a black box was attached.

This part I understand.

What my questions was is Each carto producing 5.07 watts for a Grand total of 10.14 watts?

Or is each Carto Producing 10.14 watts?

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
DFW
This thing is AWESOME I'm buying one for sure. We're going to need something capable of 6A+ to run two dual coils (4 coils total) and really see what this thing can do! haha The Zmax is incorrectly capable of 17.5W, but I'm not sure how it would act which such a low read resistance, but I can only think of one way to find out :vapor:

This part I understand.

What my questions was is Each carto producing 5.07 watts for a Grand total of 10.14 watts?

Or is each Carto Producing 10.14 watts?

I would argue your device is outputting the following
3.9V x 2.6A = 10.14W

and is applying to each cartomizer the following
3.9V x 1.3A = 5.07W

That's fairly resonable, but a little shy what most people prefer. Since your atomizer is seeing 1/2 of the amps it usually sees at 3.9V, the output voltage at which it normally gives a "burnt taste" is invalid. If you usually like it at 7W and 7W doesn't burn then you can crank it up a bit.

4.6V at 3.06A = 14.1W or ~7W for each coil.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I would argue your device is outputting the following
3.9V x 2.6A = 10.14W

and is applying to each cartomizer the following
3.9V x 1.3A = 5.07W

That's fairly resonable, but a little shy what most people prefer. Since your atomizer is seeing 1/2 of the amps it usually sees at 3.9V, the output voltage at which it normally gives a "burnt taste" is invalid. If you usually like it at 7W and 7W doesn't burn then you can crank it up a bit.

4.6V at 3.06A = 14.1W or ~7W for each coil.

I think what you are saying is True.

And just to fill you in, I don't usually vape at 7 watts. I tend to vape at more like 6 watts. Sometimes even a tad less.

At 5.5 ~ 6 watts, the Flavor is Great. But the Vapor production is Weak. At 7 ~ 8 watts, the Vapor is Great but the Sweetness of my e-Liquids is Gone.

Running Dual CE2's at 5 Watts Each Might just be what I have been looking for over the Last 3 Years.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I almost exclusively use 1.5 ohm DCC on a big battery 3.7 volt mod.
I probably have to draw for a few extra seconds to get enough vapor, but i like it fine.
Most don't think 3.7 volts is enough for a 1.5 ohm DCC.
But, a pair of these gives a whole bunch of vaper at the same voltage.

Just be sure your PV can handle the current draw.

and everyone now agrees that a pair of 1.5 ohm cartos in parallel (single or dual coils) would draw close to 5 amps from a 3.7 volt source, with about 2.5 amps going to EACH carto for about 9 watts being used inside each carto, for a total of 17 to 18 watts delivered from the PV?

A pair of 3 ohm cartos would draw a total of 2.5 amps from a 3.7 volt source with half of the watts being used in each carto? Less than 5 watts per carto. Not worth a darn, but vapable as a pair (just barely :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread