Ecig User Survey: Please follow instructions before taking!!

Please follow instructions carefully and answer all 7 questions!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
These numbers are becoming absolutely incredible...best comprehensive poll yet, Kristin! Am really hoping for a higher number though for people who have achieved 0-25% cigarette replacement, I wrote in a letter to newsmanager@foxnews.com it was about 95% replacement, so I'm off a bit, I may have to issue an apology. No problem, the numbers could be fuzzed a bit including all a bit over 25%, it's kind of a hard thing to estimate. But still it's looking very very impressive.
So when this poll is ended and published, perhaps the guy above would like a copy! Hmmm.
Have not heard a response from him/her as yet, be aware, my letter may be in the virtual circular file by now.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Is this poll valid only for US or UK citizens?

Because you know, using expressions like "quit cold turkey"... "NRT"... it doesn't ease the comprehension. :confused:
My first thought reading the cold-turkey thing was.. "hey I am vegetarian!" :D

(I had to search a bit, BTW now it's all clear I guess ;))
Not only for UK or US vapers, but written by a US vaper - sorry for using US vernaculars! Anyone who is a vaper is welcome to participate - if you have any questions, like I said in the instructions, just ask! :)

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Good to see such numbers voting, I voted as close as I could to my reality,

Great poll, I think everyone appreciates you efforts kristin,
but I feel there's a context problem :-

If the poll limitation can't represent you're original flexible intent,
then the result could be a bit overly 'categorised', the assumption
seems to be 'you started vaping & stayed with it' and still smoke
none or some.

No representation for ecigs 'worked temporarily',
but then not 100% sure what the objective of your research is exactly (well I guess I can work it out :))
Gotta take the 'not so good' with the good for complete results.
(or is it intentionally only for people who have not strayed?)

fraid that for me purely-ecigs 'made it' for only 3 or 4 months, then a gradual slide back to
smoking & now smokeless + some smokes (+ some vapes).

Maybe a fuller questionaire would yield 'wider' results, not sure how you'd broadcast that.

LuvMyPV

Dec 22, 2009
Washington D.C.
I do NOT ever want to smoke cigs again however I voted I would resume smoking because a) I know the NRTs don't work for me, b) I do not know enough about other non-smoking alternatives, except the option of snuff/snus.

I am certain I would smoke again before sniffing or dipping. Folks vape because it brings them similar pleasure as smoking without all the negatives (except for government ones). Non-smoking/vaping alternatives will never provide the same physical pleasure, even if our physiological nic needs are met.

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
I'm really not surprised by how many said they'd go back to analogs. If any of the other means of quitting had worked for us we probably wouldn't be on this forum.
I take by the comment regarding alterrnatives, that no one has heard of tobacco vaporizers? That is where I would go if all ecig supplies were banned. They are sometrimes known as Herbal Vaporizers. Same vaporizing but using real tobacco!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Good to see such numbers voting, I voted as close as I could to my reality,

Great poll, I think everyone appreciates you efforts kristin,
but I feel there's a context problem :-

If the poll limitation can't represent you're original flexible intent,
then the result could be a bit overly 'categorised', the assumption
seems to be 'you started vaping & stayed with it' and still smoke
none or some.

No representation for ecigs 'worked temporarily',
but then not 100% sure what the objective of your research is exactly (well I guess I can work it out :))
Gotta take the 'not so good' with the good for complete results.
(or is it intentionally only for people who have not strayed?)

fraid that for me purely-ecigs 'made it' for only 3 or 4 months, then a gradual slide back to
smoking & now smokeless + some smokes (+ some vapes).

Maybe a fuller questionaire would yield 'wider' results, not sure how you'd broadcast that.

I did intend question #4 to cover that.

In hindsight, I wish I would have just gone to one of those survey sites and made a more comprehensive survey. 20/20 and all that. No reason why I couldn't still do that in the future - or maybe we'll post a survey at CASAA.org. I posted this same survey at another vaping site, but who knows how many others are out there that won't come here or to the other site to participate...

So, if anyone belongs to another vaping site(s) - get them over here (or the other forum) to take the survey! :)

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
what an interesting poll to put up! Ive been vaping 8 months, started/quit analogs due to lung nodules and my health has def improved dramatically! I often thought thatt the vaping community is 26+ and this is shaping up to just that! Also, I think everyone looks for tobacco tastes and analog like devices at first but once u recover from smoking, people tend to reach out to other devices and flavors......I for one, just started enjoying nontob flavors and a few months into vaping, I went to using mods bc of batt life....Its fun to see this poll and see that my journey is much the same as others...GREAT idea! Hopefully the FDA will look at the number range on age and see its not really a "kid" thing afterall ;) EVEN with CANDY flavors!!!!:shock:

Thalinor

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
NH - USA
This poll is great, thank you! I think it shows something that we all knew; smokers and vaping, not non-smokers. One of the things the FDA said was that PV would target non-smokers but as this poll shows that’s not the case. Also, it’s no shock that a lot of us are over 26 years old. I think PV's appeal to the older crowd because as you get up there (I just turned 30) you start realizing your health matters. I am in great health, even after smoking 15 years but I have noticed a significant increase in my lung capacity after switching almost entirely to vaping. I will still smoke a regular cig once in a while but honestly, the taste now does not appeal to me. When I first started vaping it would make me want an analog cig, now when I smoke an analog cig it makes me want to vape. The irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread