Eheim filterpad mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldbaker

Jan 3, 2010
NY
I think it has to do with the size of the air pockets?? You already have it...give it a shot!
Mine say "Rite size U", Marineland is the brand.
Worse it'll do is leak.

do you use the blue foam mod on your sb? my bsb will be here around noon:) what do you rhink of the sb? how long does the liquid last at 3.7v?

(sorry for going off topic)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
SB rocks have had mine for a week now and been using HV PV's for quite a long time, this SB kicks out vapor and hit really well, I have found though that the HV 801 Atty works the best out of all of them and you get way more vapor and they hold much more liquid than the others

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I've been using the High Voltage ones with my GGT and Silver Bullet and I'm telling you they kick some serious ..., Ive never had a problem with them either, so im not really sure why you did, You tried the bigger 801 right with a seriously big cart on it and it didnt wick,, hmmmmm just not sure whats up with that???

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Mine are the regular voltage 801's (the low bidge atty from Janty that came with the Stick and 2 high bridge ones from rocky Mountain Vapor). I tried just refilling the stock polyfill and that didn't wick hardly at all. Got burnt atty taste after only a few hits and the cart was still mostly full! Best success was with the Blue Foam mod that I use in my 510's (which work perfectly in the 510's!) but then I got killer leakage. So I tried a thicker Blue Foam piece and got no wicking. Finally just gave up on the whole 801 thing, bought a 510 adapter for my Stick and moved on. Occasionally I'll use the 801 atty in the stick and just drip, but the draw is like sucking air through a straw. Also, the vapor is so cool that you don't even know you got anything till you exhale. I really wanted to like the 801's, I really did. Just couldn't make em work! I have no compalints about 510's. the vapor is good, warm and brings the flavor. I'd like to try an 801 in the 5v unis and see if it makes a difference. Like I said, my only reference is through the Janty Sick

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Oh my god ......I am soooo lost!!!!!
Just got my e cig today......I didnt think this was going to be that involved!!!

HELP
Start a new thread in the New Member forum.
Make sure to tell us what kind you got and what problems you are having.

Might want to take a peek at thread linked in my signature first, see if it helps any.

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Was using this mod, and it was working beautifully. Vaping completely dry everytime. Yesterday, my vape went from great, to unbelievably horrid! The taste turned completely plastic/chemical/burnt! It was scary, and no matter what I did, I couldn't rid my atty of it! It was horrible. I hadn't been washing my blue foam fillers at all, and that was the 4th or 5th day I was using the same carts with the same blue foam, I now think this may have had something to do with it. So I have to suggest that everyone wash out the foam before use. After a few uses, you should either change or wash out the blue foam. At least that's what I have gathered after reading this thread and my own experiences...

impex42

Mar 19, 2010
UK Sunshine Coast
Hi folks, having trawled thru this very long but interesting and amusing thread can I add another thought.

For those who're concerned about the chemical makeup of aqua foam, a sealing plug cut from a kingsize cigarette filter (as used for rollups) works well and adds a layer of 'just in case' filtration. FYI have been experimenting with a JS V3 using 801 carts. Actually, the cig filters just by themselves also wicked well but def not quite as effectively as combined with aquafoam cart inserts. Filters do however slightly dull the taste.

I just had nagging doubts about the wisdom of inhaling polyurethane composites and was coughing a bit the next day. I'm now sourcing medical grade non-toxic filter foam (as used in medical dressings, syringe filters etc) - searchterm 'medical reticulated foam uk' - which is hopefully less risky.

jklehe

Mar 15, 2010
Texas
Hi Y'all,

Just got my first e-cigs last week and did the cart refill a few minutes ago using the Aquaclear filter insert foam (white) and it worked like a charm. Loaded 23 drops of juice in a 510 cart. No leaky and fine, fine vapor.

Also, thanks to everyone for all the great info on the site. Has made my switch from analog to vapor to super success.

joe in boerne, tx

Definitely wash out your foam every 5-10 uses. Especially if you're using VG. Doesn't take long, just run it under warm water, squeezing it out a few times. Then squeeze out any remaining water and press against a paper towel. If you really want it dry, leave it out in the air a few hours (I'm impatient, I just damp dry it, refill and go again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread