Eleaf iStick : part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I just bought the istick TC 100 from 101vape for $25 and the Pico w/ M3M for 37.99. Also bought some extras to get the total over $75 for free shipping.

Rocketman, I bought 2 of the 100w isticks myself from 101vape. I also stocked up on the tootsie roll batteries and bought a battery case to get to free shipping too. GMTA!

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I am so sad right now.

Got my TC 100 and took off the battery covers and one of the magnets on the mod came out and was attached to the magnet on the battery cover.

Popped it back into place thinking I can just glue it in if it comes out again but I put it in backwards. It has opposite polarity to what it should be and is repulsing at the bottom.

I was so excited to play with my new toy today.

I'm afraid to open the Pico box.

101vape is sending me a free return label and said they will fix it or replace it.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I am so sad right now.

Got my TC 100 and took off the battery covers and one of the magnets on the mod came out and was attached to the magnet on the battery cover.

Popped it back into place thinking I can just glue it in if it comes out again but I put it in backwards. It has opposite polarity to what it should be and is repulsing at the bottom.

I was so excited to play with my new toy today.

I'm afraid to open the Pico box.

101vape is sending me a free return label and said they will fix it or replace it.
101vape. :thumbs:

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I am happy to report the Pico is working just fine, including the 0.1W drop when exchanging tanks. Hey, it's a feature, just like the old button rattle on the 20Ws.

I am very happy both my GS Tanks screw on and the air slot is NOT facing the battery cover.

The Melo 3 Mini is taking a bath ATM.

Question about the Pico:

I am a bit of a removable battery noob.

All I have is Sammy 25Rs. Do I need to be concerned about the 0.3 kanthal coil that came with the M3M or a 0.15Ni coil I might want to use in the STM or GS Tank.

Yes, wattage mode w/ kanthal, TC mode with Ni.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I am happy to report the Pico is working just fine, including the 0.1W drop when exchanging tanks. Hey, it's a feature, just like the old button rattle on the 20Ws.

I am very happy both my GS Tanks screw on and the air slot is NOT facing the battery cover.

Question about the Pico:

All I have is Sammy 25Rs. Do I need to be concerned about the 0.3 kanthal coil that came with the M3M or a 0.15Ni coil I might want to use in the STM or GS Tank.

I have 2 Pico's on their way with tracking. :thumbs: The Samsung will be fine to use. :)

Reactions: Cheechako

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Question about the Pico:

Sorry to hear about your problem with the IS-100, Rocketman. :( Glad to hear 101vape is making it right. Hopefully, you'll have your new toy to play with soon.

Also good news on your pico! I'm ashamed to say that I have 2 picos in my possession, and have yet to try either of them.:eek: IDK what is wrong with me, but part of me just wants to save them for the vapepocalypse. Same thing for my IS-100's. The stockpiling is real, people!

Rocketman, I'm very interested to see how you like the Melo 3. I've also got 2 of those. Waiting...waiting...waiting in my stockpile.o_O

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Rocketman, I'm very interested to see how you like the Melo 3. I've also got 2 of those. Waiting...waiting...waiting in my stockpile.o_O

I am very new at STL vaping and only have unflavored 3 and 6 mg juice (order mess-up). I read it is not that great for flavor. Will give my impression on that after my 2 ADV flavors arrive and had a chance to steep.

I am using the 0.3 coil at 30W and it is quite enjoyable. I usually vape 18mg on a 1.5 coil in a GS Air/Tank at around 13W and the 6mg is kicking my ..... Might save the 6mg for the 0.5 coil at about 20W. Getting that wet t-shirt taste since it is unflavored and I am not used to cotton.

For $10 more than the mod alone it was a no brainier and I am enjoying it. I want to get the ECR coil and try my hand at rebuilding.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Reactions: tiburonfirst

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, my 16mth old i30 is getting retired. Electrical glitches. Battery is fine.

Never yet trashed an internal battery mod because of a battery issue. Almost looks brand new yet :)

Can't buy a Pico to replace because not enuf feedback on the on-board charger yet. I'll be getting another 30 I guess. Cya in a year or so...

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Well, my 16mth old i30 is getting retired. Electrical glitches. Battery is fine. Never yet trashed an internal battery mod because of a battery issue. Almost looks brand new yet :) Can't buy a Pico to replace because not enuf feedback on the on-board charger yet. I'll be getting another 30 I guess. Cya in a year or so...
    The on-board charger works fine, issues?

The Pico is an excellent working little mod!
    2dJfvu4l.jpg

love coffee

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, my 16mth old i30 is getting retired. Electrical glitches. Battery is fine.

Never yet trashed an internal battery mod because of a battery issue. Almost looks brand new yet :)

Can't buy a Pico to replace because not enuf feedback on the on-board charger yet. I'll be getting another 30 I guess. Cya in a year or so...

With the deeming regs looming, I'd stock up NOW on any devices you want to keep in your arsenal... Definitely wouldn't wait a year to try and find another istick 30. Better get them NOW while you still can. LOTS of them, actually.

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale FL

Howdy r77r7r

I highly recommend you get the 40W TC !!! I also have a 30W that still works fine; the 40W TC has much better electronics control then the 30W and not only does nickel etc. and other newer metal coils and also sub ohm, it has more precise coil control at all settings and is not much more in price than the 30W, I bought another 40W a few weeks ago right before the Pico came out and really like the 40W very much for all my different tanks!

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    The on-board charger works fine, issues?

The Pico is an excellent working little mod!
    2dJfvu4l.jpg

Howdy TrollDragon,

I think Eleaf learned a good lesson on the 50W and its many failures and it lost them a ton of sales, I am very glad I never ordered one and feel sorry for many that did

The Pico will probably be on my list FOR NEXT? My 20W, 30W and my two 40W TCs work just fine for what they are and I have been happy & satisfied by all of them to say the least; I now mostly use nickle TC coils in all my tanks in rotation, and use my 20 & 30 Ws as backup

Please keep posting your experiences with your Pico I will probably buy one in the future if user reports stay good???

I like its "itty bitty size" and its battery power and its ability to swap batteries by removing the threaded battery cap and its on board charging features!

I think it might prove to be the best itty bitty mod of 2016?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread