Finally HERE and Available NOW - GotVapes VORTEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I got mine today and started using the first one. Worked terrific for about 1.5 hrs, then burned taste, fiddled with it a bit, and now is vaping great again. I will try to post more once I have used for a while. Using Vortex on a 901 connection ProVape1, 14500mAh batteries.

One big problem though, so far I have lost 3 of the rubbery tips (ended up having to use 2 from the as of yet unused Cortexes...The tips are so lose, that when you walk around with them, tips tend to disappear, at least for me they did. I will have to try to figure out something else to use as a tip, though I really, really like these new rubber tips that come with them, perhaps sell extra tips?

Be great if they also came with (or are sold seperately) Soft Rubber WHISTLE TIPS.

May not be a bad idea to sell tips seperatley?

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
Yup. Loose rubber-tips on Vortex is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed in future revisions. I too lost mine carrying my PV around. Have no idea where it fell off. I'm going to stick with drip-tips on Vortex for now.

As for leaking that some users have mentioned, I have not run into this issue. So far tried 4 Vortex units and all are working well without any leaks. They're from the same box, so maybe I got a good batch of products.

Mak

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Sterling Heights Michigan
Got my Vortex's in yesterday (Thursday the 21st).
Only using 1 at the moment.
Vaped through one fill and refilled already and no leaks.
I notice the mouth piece sliding off easily.
This might help - washed mouth piece in warm water - dry. Use q-tip or end of paper towel to wipe any juice from top inside of vortex tube above the juice level. Insert tip dry. I can lift a Riva 901 by mouth piece and does not slide off. So far no problems falling off. Will use at home for now.
When I had juice residue on the mouth piece it slipped off easily.
Vape is real good. Using BWB juice at 70-30 PG/VG.
Also got 808 xl fluxomizers CE2-X in order (metal). Can not tell difference between them as far a vapor, draw, flavor. Both are great!
Was wondering - how are the drip tips people are using seal around the center tube? Do they fit that snug? Seems they would leak if not sealed around center tube.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Looks like a GREAT invention.

I think they look too "medically" though. /ducks more FDA hate. =S If there was a black sticker with a narrow indicator window, this item would look more futuristic and recreational vs. medical. Still a great idea on how it works!

I'm like you on this...when headed to a busy public spot, I tend to reach for the PV with the metal CE2 on it. It doesn't look so much like I've built a .... or pipe...or am taking some kind of weird medicine.

If ya wanted you could make skins for them. 1/2" - 1" colored electronics tape is easy and cheap. Of course you can use all sorts of fancy stickers from the craft's area. Punch out a juice window shape before you apply it.

If money is no object...there's also places that sell precut e-cig and cartomizer 'skins', and there's the possibility of using various car vynals and such. Again, if you really want a juice window...you can probably have them punch them for you before shipping, or just make your own punch at home :)
Ecig-Skins.com - ecig skins - largest collection of electronic cigarette skins on the internet.
E Cigarette Skins By CigSkinz.com - Home
www.ecigskinmods.com

Last edited:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Mine finally showed up! I've been messing with them a little. So far no leaks, still forming my opinion. Funny thing is I was actually thinking I'd like to find a sticker to go over them, like the ones that won't stay affixed to my cartos and fluxomizers for love nor money :) A sticker with a little window would be even more cool.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
I got mine today and started using the first one. Worked terrific for about 1.5 hrs, then burned taste, fiddled with it a bit, and now is vaping great again. I will try to post more once I have used for a while. Using Vortex on a 901 connection ProVape1, 14500mAh batteries.

One big problem though, so far I have lost 3 of the rubbery tips (ended up having to use 2 from the as of yet unused Cortexes...The tips are so lose, that when you walk around with them, tips tend to disappear, at least for me they did. I will have to try to figure out something else to use as a tip, though I really, really like these new rubber tips that come with them, perhaps sell extra tips?

Be great if they also came with (or are sold seperately) Soft Rubber WHISTLE TIPS.

May not be a bad idea to sell tips seperatley?

agree.....i love these things....but was very bumbed when i lost my tip,,,,,,am glad tho that a drip tip works,,,,but i really really loved that tip

vi3tl2ice

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Milpitas, CA
dannoman and badkolo, heres some suggestions for a revision of the vortexs:
1. add a rubber o ring to the base connector, like the clearomizers, so they can be removed and cleaned without worry of them leaking when re-assembled
2. make the inner cup, that contains the wick, out of silicon. so it would kind of be like the fill plug on ce2s, except it would not have fill holes on them and there would be a plastic tubing sticking out of the center hole. this would make it so people can remove the inner cup easily to clean the wick and cup and to be able to put it back on without it being able to leak juice through. also, it would let us adjust how far we should push the cup down as to not pinch them off (which would create wicking problems).
3. make the inner cup/where the wick resides smaller so that the gap between the inner cup and the outer tubing is bigger. this would increase wicking performance.
4. lose the alf
5. make the fitting of the mouthpiece tighter
6. this is just an observation, but i noticed where the coil connects to the battery connector, theres a little tiny rubber o ring. and the bottom of the coils are either coming out of it or just in contact with it. and after doing a dry burn, i saw that there were black marks on the rubber o ring. so idk whats the purpose of it being there, but maybe lose that to? i dont know.

that's all i can think of. after removing the alf, lifting up the inner cup (so that the wicks arent pinched), and fluffing up the wicks, these vortexs have been performing phenomenally. these have the potential to be a killer product. beats the ce2s anyday when performing correctly

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Land of Southern Belles :)
If someone can help...
I use an 808 battery from V4L. I have juice that is 100pg, 50/50, and 80/20.

Filled one vortex outta package
Removed one ALF
Dry burned one.

All of them are giving me a very sore throat unless I take very small puffs and not in a row. And I am not getting a really good flavor off of them.

Am I doing something wrong? Just got them in the last hour...

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
If someone can help...

Removed one ALF
Dry burned one.

All of them are giving me a very sore throat unless I take very small puffs and not in a row. And I am not getting a really good flavor off of them.

the only thing i can say is,,,,,all i did was take off cap, filled put cap on and vaped.....not sure or understand what "alf" is, i dont fiddle, cause when I fiddle i screw up eeeeks
good luck, hope others have suggestions!

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Is there ANY chance you guys can carry metal replacement tubes since you aren't going to do these in metal? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the tube off of an old polyfil carto so I can use it instead. I would also urge you seriously to reconsider making metal ones. I can see these becoming the ultimate easy newbie carto. Really, I think it has the potential to open up vaping to the people who get frustrated with all of the fiddling and quit, or just don't want to mess with all the fiddling. If it were all metal (inner and outter tubes) then the worry about certain juices would be mute. I really think you guys are on the verge of breaking out vaping to the vast majority with this "fill and vape" carto. Everything else is "make sure you do this, watch out for that. If you get a dry hit do this. If that doesn't work make this mod." I don't think I'm overstating this too much here.

vi3tl2ice

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Milpitas, CA
If someone can help...

Removed one ALF
Dry burned one.

the wicks are probably pinched. you gotta break off the seal on the inner housing cup and just lift it up just a tad and fluff up the wicks so that theres no open spots in the slits of the inner housing that juice can leak through

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
the wicks are probably pinched. you gotta break off the seal on the inner housing cup and just lift it up just a tad and fluff up the wicks so that theres no open spots in the slits of the inner housing that juice can leak through

LOL... will give it a try... dont know much about taking things apart... managed to take the ALF off one... but will completly break one apart and see what it will do... Thanks!!

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Daisy thanks for the input...we'll take that up with them as a matter of fact....not a bad idea....we'll see if there is a possibility of this. The only thing with metal though is you couldn't do a dry burn of these on a metal unless you removed the metal sleeve (not really practical)...the plastic cup that sits over the coil when you dryburned and possibly when you simply used the unit, would refect heat back off the sides of the metal sleeve and cause the plastic to melt.

Is there ANY chance you guys can carry metal replacement tubes since you aren't going to do these in metal? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the tube off of an old polyfil carto so I can use it instead. I would also urge you seriously to reconsider making metal ones. I can see these becoming the ultimate easy newbie carto. Really, I think it has the potential to open up vaping to the people who get frustrated with all of the fiddling and quit, or just don't want to mess with all the fiddling. If it were all metal (inner and outter tubes) then the worry about certain juices would be mute. I really think you guys are on the verge of breaking out vaping to the vast majority with this "fill and vape" carto. Everything else is "make sure you do this, watch out for that. If you get a dry hit do this. If that doesn't work make this mod." I don't think I'm overstating this too much here.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Daisy thanks for the input...we'll take that up with them as a matter of fact....not a bad idea....we'll see if there is a possibility of this. The only thing with metal though is you couldn't do a dry burn of these on a metal unless you removed the metal sleeve (not really practical)...the plastic cup that sits over the coil when you dryburned and possibly when you simply used the unit, would refect heat back off the sides of the metal sleeve and cause the plastic to melt.
That's why it would need a metal inner tube too. I'm not an enigneer, so I don't know all the finer points of designing something like this, but I think it would be the thing that makes vaping accessible to the vast majority that would switch if it was as easy as smoking.

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
vi3tl2ice..... THANK YOU!!!!!

took me a while, I am visually impaired so I got out my bright lights and went to work! On two of the three I have opened, the wick was off center. I dry burned till white and no smoke coming out, pulled on the wick to get it even on both sides, re-seated the cup but not too hard.. re-assembled, filled.... and puffed like there was no tommorrow!!

Puff after puff is GREAT!!!!!

I do have to remove the mouthpiece after a few puffs and let the air bubbles rise... but hey, its an easy to remove top!!! LOL

(in a sing song voice...) No more carto's for me, no, No more carto's for me, no!!!!!!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
That's why it would need a metal inner tube too. I'm not an enigneer, so I don't know all the finer points of designing something like this, but I think it would be the thing that makes vaping accessible to the vast majority that would switch if it was as easy as smoking.

Doesn't even have to be metal...just a different kind of plastic that doesn't have that reaction maybe...solid/tinted/clear versions, etc.

All that would be cool :) But...not if it jacks the price up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread