For People Who Think The Provari Is Too Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2011
Conroe, Texas
If you have money to pissaway, by all means get it. If you don't, then get the much more affordable Twist (or similar). You can buy 5 Twists for the price of a Provari but you wont get 5x more performance from the Provari. Not even close. Welcome aboard.

Is this comment based on your ownership of a Provari? Can you direct me to the review / YouTube video that supports your assertions the $30 Twist is better than the Provari? I would love to see it.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If you have money to pissaway, by all means get it. If you don't, then get the much more affordable Twist (or similar). You can buy 5 Twists for the price of a Provari but you wont get 5x more performance from the Provari. Not even close. Welcome aboard.

Yeah, I could piss my money away on 5 Twists that have a lifespan of 250 charges (I charge mine 3-4 times a DAY) and then buy another, and another until the day you either quit vaping or buy a permanent device and replace a $10 battery every year or so.

I use my Twist, I like my Twist. My Twist will die.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
No but you will get about twice the power out of a Provari, and you won't have to replace the Provari every 3-6 months(rated lifespan of eGo type devices).

Do you get 15 - 30 months out of a Provari? No. I see too many people on these posts whining because their Provari is in the shop. No thanks. If I had bookoo bucks I would be singing another tune, but I have to watch my expenditures. And if this fella has the bucks (which he may) then I'd advise him to get a Provari too. It has lots of convenient features. As for me, a $25 Twist and my $20 multimeter is what will have to do.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Do you get 15 - 30 months out of a Provari? No.

Err... Huh? I've had my Provari for a year and a half and it still hit's exactly the same as the day I received it.

EDIT: Considering how many they sell, the probably 5 threads per week is a LOW number of bad units... The ONLY maintenance a Provari needs is for you to keep the contacts clean and use the right batteries.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Tell me what the difference is between 4.2v on the provari and 4.2v on the twist.

4.2v on the Provari is a true 4.2v under load. Much the same reason why people used to 3.7v mods notice that it is on par with the Provari set at 3.3-3.4v... The Provari goes by voltage under load, while others tend to be subject to a certain amount of voltage sag...

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I have had my Provari for 4 weeks now and figure I have had a $428.00 return on my investment so far.

3 packs of cigarettes a day times 28 days = 3 x 7 x 28 = $588.00

Minus the cost of the Provari = $160.00

Return on investment = $428.00

I started showing returns on the 8th day of not buying cigarettes...:)

Your results may vairy depending on how much you smoke, but the point is, it will pay for itself in a very short time.

~Just Sayin~

I KNEW that I'd find a way to justify buying that new BMW today! Thanks for the logic!

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I am happy at 4.2 on the twist and have no desire for higher. What will the provari give me that will make this better? I am seriously curious. I still have to have excess equip with the provari plus batteries periodically. The Provari is certainly a well built piece of equip, but am not so sure I need it.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Tell me what the difference is between 4.2v on the provari and 4.2v on the twist.

But-but, my Provari is only set at 4.0v. :ohmy:

There isn't a thing wrong with a Twist, if that is the PV a person wants. It just isn't what the OP said they wanted!

4.2v on the Provari is a true 4.2v under load. Much the same reason why people used to 3.7v mods notice that it is on par with the Provari set at 3.3-3.4v... The Provari goes by voltage under load, while others tend to be subject to a certain amount of voltage sag...

If that were true, please explain why this Mako (with a fresh bat in it) just hit a whole bunch harder than my Provari set at 4.0v.
    Real world experience tells me that it isn't that cut & dried, there are just to many variables.

As much as I like my Provari, it is not some sort of magic wand that makes all of vapings woes disappear.

Last edited:

gthompson

Free at last
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Do elitist provari users grow up to be elitist DIYers? :)

Honestly, I have no doubt the provari is a fine piece of equipment. I'd also like to own a Rolls Royce, but I can't really justify it.

Were you aware there are even bigger, better, more expensive APVs out there than the provari? Just think how much money you could save if you bought one of those!

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
    There isn't a thing wrong with a Twist, if that is the PV a person wants. It just isn't what the OP said they wanted!

Exactly. A Twist works just fine, as a disposable device. In the end they are, even if their life span is mildly longer than the cig-a-likes. I just find it annoying when people come in acting like Provari owners are just throwing their money around.

Do elitist provari users grow up to be elitist DIYers? :)

Nothing elitist about it. The thread is about the Provari. While the Twist is a fine device, putting it on the same pedestal as a Provari is hilarious. There are plenty of PV's out there I love, some moreso than the Provari, but frankly to ME they hit past the point of diminishing returns...

On that note I can see how some might consider a Provari to be past the point of diminishing returns, but that doesn't make it right to short change others who went for it. Just like I wouldn't short change someone with a Carabela or iHybrid...

Oh, and yes Im a DIYer... LOL

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread