Getting Annoyed : This is an effective method of prolonging atomisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Thought you were using left-over atomizer metal-wick-mesh?

No, it actually looks very similar but much tougher ..I had a couple of little round disks in my toolbox that I am sure my memory is right in saying that they were particle filters that were used in some of the pneumatic controls on some of my machines when I was in engineering, and I had chucked them in my toolbox when I was taking a machine apart.

Yes ...it's really not very much but it's still enough that I think it would be far better if everyone had some sort of particle filter in the air stream just to be absolutely certain they aren't inhaling any bits .....unfortunately I just don't know what I could recommend because what I am using myself seems ideal but at the same time I wouldn't know where anyone could get it from and I really don't know what else would be as good.

Might be worth a try with the polyester matting but it is likely to get soggy?

Also, we need to know if the black bits can appear anytime or are a result of The Burn (in which case a rinse after would be an advisable protocol).

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Might be worth a try with the polyester matting but it is likely to get soggy?

Also, we need to know if the black bits can appear anytime or are a result of The Burn (in which case a rinse after would be an advisable protocol).

Hi kinaba...The mesh I have put in does get wet and I have been having to rinse out the mouthpiece and dry it out a couple of times a day. I had actually put the mesh in before I started doing the dry burns and if anything the burning seems to have considerably reduced the amount of bits that I am now trapping in the mesh. Even if it's nothing to worry about, I do think it would be better if the manufacturers made mouthpieces that had some kind of particle filter in them, just to be sure. Perhaps you and exo should find something to use and see if you trap any particles as well?

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hi exo....that's the frustrating thing when I started doing the burn method I had also started using my mod and a new RN 4072 atomizer because I had run out of mini pipe atomizers.....also I can do the burn with the mod and not with the mini pipe. At the same time as that I had also started to use only the ecopure ...so I can't really be 100 per cent sure it's the burning that has made the difference .. It could be the ecopure...it could be the slightly higher voltage of the mod. So it's not really a very good test to be certain of anything but your tests make me feel sure it cannot really be the juice that makes the difference ...so I am left thinking it's either the burning or the slightly higher voltage.

Pete--what is this Ecopure you are refering to? We would like to know--thanks--Sun

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Pete--what is this Ecopure you are refering to? We would like to know--thanks--Sun

Hi sun the Ecopure is the juice that Intelicig uk are making here in the uk. It has far less ingredients than most juices so it could possibly produce less gunk in theory. I would post a link but I still haven't got the hang of doing that.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hi sun the Ecopure is the juice that Intelicig uk are making here in the uk. It has far less ingredients than most juices so it could possibly produce less gunk in theory. I would post a link but I still haven't got the hang of doing that.

Pete--is that what they advertise? You just type out the link and it will appear when you post. I thought e-liquids all just had PG or VG and Nic and Flavor--what is in the Ecopure?--Thanks--Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Their site:

ECOpure E-Liquid : Electronic Cigarettes, Electric Cigarette, E-Cigarettes, E-Cig, E-Liquid

and this forum
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/intellicig/13660-ecopure-liquid-bulk.html

Pete, how big are these black bits, I mean if you got one in your
mouth would you be able to tell (crunch!) ?

Hi exo....the bits I have been getting are very, very tiny little 'flakes' with almost no 'thickness' and I doubt if you would be able to feel it at all if you had a bit in your mouth.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Definately going to put some wick-mesh in my mouthpieces now,
amazing that no-one (except you) has noticed this before.
Perhaps your eyesight is better than most ?

edit: yes Kin. that was the phrase that mildly put me off VG.

Lol I have to use a magnifying glass ....my eyesight is suffering from age. I will be interested to see if you do find any tiny bits, If I do then in theory you should as well.

Oh and it's now day 16 and my atty is still working like new!....I have changed to using some of the TW 36..unflavoured. So if the juice makes any difference I will soon find out. With the eco'pure' I was using both the rich tobacco and the unflavoured.

Last edited:
Day 17 is here...I noticed that it took slightly longer than usual for the coil to reach a nice red glow this morning, (perhaps that does indicate a quicker build up of gunk with the different juice?) but other than that my atty is still working as good as new using this dry burn method of cleaning. :)

Which type of TW Pete - PG or VG ?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Which type of TW Pete - PG or VG ?
Morning Kinaba.....I didn't know there was any choice with TW ..everything I have purchased from them has been a mix of mainly PG and some VG. What I am using now is their UN flavoured 36mg...which strangely still has a suprisingly long list of chemicals in it (why so many for unflavoured?) ....... but it says it's 65% PG and 20% VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread