imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi jungler,

I have some questions for you my good friend:

1) Yout atty was from Tim? (If I understand well its from Tim)

2) The other attys you had, what kind of brand they were?

3) Your spring is in good contition? (soft and moving ok?)

4) Do you have a black rubber to the atomizer cup?

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I have both 901 and 801 attys from David Yang,

I have used both types of attys
with the straight = 901 -GG
and with the adapter = 801 -GG
with just 2 drops onto the atty
and, with a full cart and 2 drops onto the atty,

after approximately 60 hours of vaping
with these combinations,
I have - NOT - damaged an atty.
used 2 of each.

Perhaps the attys you have are not good,
and have weak coil wires,
that blow at the first hint of power.
try some from DY or Janty, and
I think Imeo uses TW attys.

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Hi Imeo,

1) Yout atty was from Tim? (If I understand well its from Tim)
Yes the first atty was from Tim

2) The other attys you had, what kind of brand they were?
the other 2 attys were form PureSmoker

3) Your spring is in good contition? (soft and moving ok?)
It is new, so I think yes it is in good condition. It is springy.

4) Do you have a black rubber to the atomizer cup?
I don't see a black rubber.

J

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Jangler, as I see its not a GG fault, its your atty. I have a partenership with Tim but I have not test his atty's yet, so I will speak the truth as always do.

I use TW 901 and e-cig uk 801. I have the 901 1 month with heavy vaping 18 hours a day, and the 801 for 4 days with the same usage. They work like new. So I believe that some brands are wick,l many people here says the same thing.

The more current flows through a metal, it reduse its life but this does not seem that work the same with atomizers. Atomizers are dead not because of the current but because the rest of pg that cant be burned with the 3,7v, sticks to atty and stop it functioning.

So the 6v reduce the atty's life but because the 6v make a full burn, the atty lives longer.

The wicker attys want 3,7 volt, and they will die in e.g 3 weeks and with 6v will die in 1 week or in 1 hour.

The strong atty's will die in 1 month with 3,7v and in 3 months with 6v.

You understand now how it goes. The best thing you can do is to buy a strong atty and keep the plessure high as the life of atty.

Puresmoker is a partener to e-cig, so I believe they have the same atty's (maybe not). But my experience is above. If you want, follow me and tell me your results. I believe that if you dont get a faulty 901 TW, you will be pleased. In about 15 attys I have burn when I was making experiments with GG, the 2 of them were faulty. Its an about 25% percent for me faulty.

The 901 from e-cig are not good for me. They had problems. I have make my choice for now, until I use Tim's attys. Its 901 TW and 801 e-cig uk.

Last edited:

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Hi Imeo, In that case this means there are limited brands of 901 I can use with out burning or killing the atty. I understand that not all attys are made the same. I was hoping that any atty will work with it. Attys are disposable so I'd like to keep cost low. If I'm limited to just high cost atty and only last for 3 months, I think I'd like to keep voltage low and use lower cost attys. So what I'm thinking is this, use 3.7 for most of the time and switch to 6v onse a week to keep it clean. OR Use 4-5 volts all the time, I think is a good median. What other batteries work with this to give me these options?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Sorry I ask but its too many time as I see from other guys here. Madog who is the kingm and the man who found the 6 volts had an atty that last 4 months.

I believe that if you want to stay at 3,7 volts (I am more than ok with it of cource), you can put the AA battery with the spacer. If you want something between 5-5.5 volts, I cant help you now because I must make a research for you to find battery with this volts (2,5 each or 1 with 5 volts). I believe that its dificult but I will look around for you. If you want make a research too friend:)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Jangler -:)

Sorry to hear you are having some problems with your GG. :(

This is very unlikely to be an issue with the 6V - it is improbable that you could kill 3 atomisers in such a short time space unless there was something else going wrong.

Could I ask a few troubleshooting questions:

1/ Is the spring at the atomiser end dead straight?

2/ When you put the batteries in and screw the atomiser cap back does the small pin which makes contact with the atomiser stick out above the insulant tube?

3/ Does your GG still have the black rubber washer on the end cap at the button end?

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Oh no, I'm repeating what you said with your experimantation. That GG 6 volts with good atty will last 3 months. My atty lasted around 3 weeks before it died. My concern is good attys will cost more right? In anycase 6 volts I'm finding is a bit too harsh for me. I love the GG, I just prefer lower voltage, just a little lower but over 3.7 a bit. Maybe 4-5 volts? Are there any batteries like that I can use with this GG that's been tried? I really hope so. This is a beautiful toy. I want it to work for me.

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Hi Tim, yes it is straight, and I checked if it pushes that pin up under the atty, and it does. Yes it pushes it up above the black tube.

Imeo, I was mistaken, it does have a black tube at the atty end. I'm far sighted so I didn't see it before but under a magnifying glass I saw it.

At the bottom end cap where the button is there is a black washer.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
jungler, I ask only because Tim put the front and the back black rubers. I think the rubbers are the same, arent they?

With 3,7 volts you had a problem? Can you remind me this info please?

Sorry I read again your first post and I saw that you have not try 3,7 volts but you want info for this so, if you put an AA 3,7 battery rechargeable with a 4mm spacer you are ok. You will find them on DX or to Tim. Tim has already the spacers, so if you want ask him for more info. I think he will see you here and he will answer as before. I amk here too for you friend.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Jangler -

I think I may have a solution but we'll see - it could be that you have been very unlucky with atomisers, but lets try this and see if it helps:

- Take some insulation tape or standard scotch tape and cut it to approx 2 inches.

- Remove batteries and atomiser end cap.

- Place the tape inside the GG just past the threads so that it covers all of the aluminium surface the width of the tape from the furthest thread going around the inside in a circular arch at the atomiser end. The tape should cover all of the area in a circular arch where the spring could potentially come into contact with the main body.

The reason for doing this is simply that sometimes if the spring is screwed down tight, it is possible that the spring could come in contact with the inside of the GG. This would cause a short circuit and you would be able to tell because the spring would heat up.

After doing this, first try one of the 'dead' atomisers to see if it has resolved the problem and let me know the verdict. :)

P.S. If you don't understand my instructions, let me know and I will show you in a video.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Jangler -

Not necessarily it could just cause a resistance which would make them produce less vapour and eventually die.

If you used 2 old atomisers before they might not have been up to the task and the new one I sent you may have been faulty - I will happily replace that.

Make sure that the new atomiser is well juiced up! :)

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
They are juiced up as I've stated in my first post and the 2 of mine were brand new. I'm using another brand new one. I hope I don't use up all my spares.

I just tried as you suggested with electric tape. It did not revive any of the 3 that killed over. The 4th one is still vaping, I'm leaving this one on with the tape. I really don't want to loose a 4th atty though. I'm getting a bit anxious, I don't want to experiment with perfectly good atty. If this one end's up to fix the problem, does that mean I have to put tape all the time now? Or is this just trouble shooting.

If this one kills over, then that would be 4 atty's I would have lost ($40 all together).

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
You should only need the tape if the spring is making contact with the inside tube. It could just be that you have had 3 bad atomisers - have you tested them with a 901 battery to see if any of them still work?

As I said I will happily replace the faulty one you had from us and I'm guessing the other 2 if they were new may still be under warranty?

I'm sorry you've had these problems and fingers crossed that the new one works aok! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread