Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
22 April, Vapourday

A new batch of SS GP Spheroid v2 atomizers with brushed and polished finish is coming on Saturday 20 April at 09:00 p.m. Local Time in Athens, Hellas. The orders shall be posted from Monday 22 April till Wednesday 24 April.The tracking numbers will be sent on the shipment day by DHL.
button.gif

Quick reference conversion guides table for 24 hours

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP SPHEROID TIPS & TRICKS

If there is a gurgling sound, that means that you have juice inside the base. Blow from the 510 connector and it will be fine.

I would like to mention the lasso style by Alexmach, for the wick and I recommend the length of the wick to be equal to the diameter of the Spheroid, no more of 5 cm and no less than 3.5 mm. In that way, you have good wicking and no need to touch the wick during refill.

Image_1.png

SS mesh for those who don't like SiO2 by Philip100

SS mesh for those who don't want aquarium wool by herby68 and implemented by Philips100.
60 cm (4x 15cm) #400 SS mesh. (2.2ml capacity).

20121214104932905rihq1t4.jpg

The best way to avoid hot spots is to put the coil diagonally. (image by Maff)

spherw.gif

And a technique for the cotton lovers by Vapid:

Spheroid_25_Kantal_Cotton_01.jpg
Spheroid_25_Kantal_Cotton_03.jpg

Spheroid_25_Kantal_Cotton_05.jpg

Spheroid_25_Kantal_Cotton_06.jpg

Here's one tip for twisted coils by Maff:

Pinch the two ends of wire between the thumbnail and finger. Get your allen key (used for opening the spheroid top cap). Stick it in the loop and twist the allen key.

twisted_zps979168f9.gif

It's so so simple but the results are great.

Dripping with Spheroid

Instead of directing the wick upwards to touch the filler material, you put it down to touch the tube, and it can hold 8-10 drops, it depends
on their size.

You unscrew the bell and with the help of a toothpick you push the strands of the wick down once. The filler is obsolete in that case.

IMG_3262.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP PAPS V2.1 LUX EDITION

A polished tube from the upcoming Lux edition of GP PAPS 2.1 with CNC engraving.
It is from aluminium bronze, it is hard, close grained and with great wear resistance in harsh working environments.
This tube is generally far more resistant to selective attack and corrosion than a brass one, but lower than 316 SS.
The hardness and the conductivity of this alloy is superb due to high levels of copper and aluminium and it is nickel-free and phosphorous-free.
Aluminium bronze should be considered as a bronze with mechanical properties similar to those of a high-grade steel.
With the additional advantage of a better conductivity and a jewel like appearance, without the softness of the brass.

photo.jpg

24κ gold over silver plated brass telescopic centre post and 24κ gold over silver plated brass button. Both caps are from certified European 316 SS.
The Aluminium Bronze tube is 4x more expensive from the 316 SS tube.
The CNC engraving is 10x more expensive and 50x more time consuming from the Laser engraving.
It is made in CNC 4 axis machine and the serialised tube is completely unique, because each digit is programmed separately.
The engraving is very deep to ensure that it will be there even after many treatments by the user.
All the threads are calibrated, so the tolerance is in a range of 0,005 mm.
The Aluminium Bronze tube weights 5 grams more than the 316 SS one.
Ιt is coming on 10-15 of May 2013 at Vapour Art Store, and its price will be around € 120.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Easter holidays

Vapour Art Store will ship all the orders from 1-5-2013 to 8-5-2013 on 9-5-2013 due to Easter holidays.
During that period all CNC shops and DHL courier service are closed.
Today's orders will be sent at 17:00 pm local time in Athens, Hellas.
All orders after that time, will be sent on 9-5-2013.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP SALT & PEPPER TANK

photo_copy_14.jpg

It will be available on May, the first of its kind easy refillable tank for cartos, RBA like diver, killer etc.

It will be made from SS 316 and it will have fused quartz glass so it can be used with any menthol liquid.

This tank started as a project on August of 2012 and it was announce for first time on 7 of February 2013 on VaporWall.
http://www.vaporwall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=5550

It can be filled with a plastic needle point bottle, it doesn't need the metal one.

SP_2.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP SALT & PEPPER TANK

A small update about the specifications of SnP:

It uses 10 O-rings and there is a reason for that, especially when it is combined with RBA like Killer, Diver etc.

The top and bottom caps have double O-rings inside and outside plus the 2 holes. The whole thing is invisible because of the covers. This tank is made to be used continuously, it is intended for heavy use. It has been tested with the Diver which drinks well for his size and vapes like a monster without any gurgling. The SnP system prevents the pressure changes during refilling and you need a robust construction to support a continuous refilling action free of any leaks.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP PICCOLO v2.6 & v3.1

ETA: Last days of May 2013.

There will be backward compatible parts as spares for GP Piccolo v2.5 & v3 owners. The new version supports AW & EFEST IMR batteries and we got rid of the big spring on the negative pole. More details and photos when the production starts again after the Easter holidays.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Spheroid - Airy draw? How to tighten it up... by Darthpistachio

My bro has been using his spheroid now for a month and is loving it but popped in today to ask if there was any way to tighten up the draw a bit as he found it slightly airy.

So I retreated to the throne of contemplation for a short while and had a mini epiphany.

I'm aware that many people attempt to tighten the draw by blocking one of the 510 atty connector holes with a toothpick or something similar but this is what I came up with.

Here's how to do it..

Remove the collector tank base assembly:

spheroidplug1.jpg

Now the next part requires one of the plugs that comes with a Carto - if you use them yourself now is the time when you will rue the day you threw them out - if you don't use carto's you probably know someone who does so grab some off of them ;)

spheroidplug2.jpg

Remove the following part from the spheroid base - this is where the air is drawn up from the 510 connector on to the outlet below the coil - it has 3 holes...

spheroidplug3.jpg

Feed the carto plug into one of the holes and pull through until it looks like this...

spheroidplug4.jpg

Take a sharp craft knife and using the metal as a guide slice off the excess silicone like so:

spheroidplug5.jpg

you will be left with an extremely efficiently plugged hole -

spheroidplug6.jpg

at this point you can re assemble and try it out or go on to fill another hole - NATURALLY you cannot plug them all! :)

Give it a try and see if you like it - the bro reported that it was vastly improved..

Enjoy!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

From the VapePit forum, further implementations on the Herby68 method, about using mesh instead of filler material.

By sixfootmidget, on 07 May 2013:

So I sat down and cut a load of strips of mesh. Roughly 40mm by a good 150mm.i folded it into 3 ply width ways and wrapped it tightly. Put it in the tube and it unravelled to the point of useless. I undid the tube, folded another strip roughly the same size as the first and it still wasn't enough. Cut the 3rd strip in half, wrapped them tightly one after each other as opposed to on top of each other.
I thought I'd measure exactly when I'd finished to give an accurate figure, but the truth is, I was so happy with it that I didn't want to take it apart. If you look closely you can see where one ends and another begins.

I filled it up and couldn't believe how well it holds juice. Not a drop leaked while I was re wicking.

IMG_20130507_154501.jpg

By Maz, on 06 May 2013:

Ok so I gave this a quick go..

From what I could gather this was done with 600mm of #400 mesh, so instead of using 4 strips of 150mm I cut one 300x38mm and folded it in half lengthwise, the idea being that the sharp, cut edges would be up in the top of the Spheroid, away from the wick where it would grate at it when screwing the bottom on but would still use the same amount of mesh, I only had #325 though..

SAM_2195.jpg

I folded both the outer and inner bottom corners up and pre-rolled it..

SAM_2196.jpg

Inside the atty I wasn't happy that there appeared to be not enough mesh, there were gaps that looked like the juice would piss out of, so I battered the edges down with a small screwdriver..

SAM_2202.jpg
[

Filled it with a bit over 2ml of juice and upended it to see if it would leak..

SAM_2205.jpg

Ten minutes later, not a drop..

SAM_2206.jpg

Results.. Not bad, I think that doing it the way I did probably isn't the best way, I am going to try it again though because it tastes better, maybe adding another 150mm of doubled mesh this time, if anything it is over wicking. I don't mind the amount of mesh it uses because once done it should last years and hopefully will negate the need to keep replacing filler but it needs tweaking. It's possible I over-filled it though..

I am not doing it the way.herby68 did it (although every credit to him for a promising idea) because I don't like the thought of a wall of sharp cut edges grating away at a silica wick every time you refill, to my mind that's asking for trouble.. It seems to taste better, don't know if this is in my head but it's enough to keep me interested enough to keep tinkering with it 

I am also going to try a mesh wick in this tomorrow and see how that performs..

By grizewald

To all of you who are using mesh, I'd recommend that you at least boil the mesh before using it. If you take some mesh, put it in a cup and pour boiling water over it, once the surface of the water is still, you'll see a film of oil. Not something you'd really want to be vaping!

Perseas Notice

Keep your resistance value at 1,6-2,2 Ω for the best throat hit and better battery efficiency.
No need to go below that numbers except if you are a lover of an intense throat hit.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
May 16, Vapourday

A new batch of SS GP Spheroid v2 atomizers and GP PAPS v2.5 18350 LUX edition mods and spare tubes for them is coming on Thursday 16 May at 23:00 p.m. Local Time in Athens, Hellas.

The new v2.5 switch has no knurling and now the GP PAPS can stand upright without any need of being locked. As we like to say, its rating for the drunken vaper test is 10/10!

The Lux edition has aluminium bronze tube, CNC engraved logo, new numbering, top and bottom caps from certified European 316 SS, and 24k gold over silver plated brass button and holding nut and 24k gold over silver plated brass telescopic centre post.

Price is € 120 and one unit will be available per customer per batch.

All orders will be dispatched till Monday via DHL Express.

button.gif

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP PAPS v2.5 LUX Edition

The caps are certified European 316 SS.
The tube is aluminium bronze, four times more expensive from the 316 SS.
It is harder than brass, but it is softer than steel.
The button, the holding nut and the telescopic centre post are 24k gold over silver plated brass for the best conductivity.
The grooves on the top cap have been made with a different tool this time, they are smoother, less deep and more wide.
All threads are calibrated, so the switch is compatible with tubes from previous versions, but the Lux tube is compatible only with the switch v2.5 and up.
The Lux switch won't be available as spare, while the switch v2.5 will be in a week or two.
The Lux tube will be available in 18500 and 18650 as spares with the GP logo CNC engraved.
The default tube of the LUX is the 18350 and it is serialised.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
May 24, Vapourday

A second batch of GP PAPS v2.5 18350 mods LUX edition and spare tubes for them and SS GP Spheroid v2 atomizers (polished) is coming on Friday 24 May at 15:00 p.m. in Local Time Athens, Hellas at Vapour Art Store.

Spheroid and Lux units have calibrated threads with a level of tolerance 0,05 mm. Both are made from 316 certified European SS. The Lux edition has aluminium bronze tube, CNC engraved logo, new numbering, top and bottom caps from certified European 316 SS, and 24k gold over silver plated brass button and holding nut and 24k gold over silver plated brass telescopic centre post.

The new v2.5 switch has no knurling and now the GP PAPS mod can stand upright without any need of being locked. Due to its small size and the new safety features, it is even more pocket friendly, a perfect companion for the leakproof GP Spheroid v2. As we like to say, its rating for the drunken vaper test is 10/10!

Price is 120 € and only one unit will be available per customer per batch. All orders will be posted from Monday 27 to Tuesday 28 via DHL Express and they will be delivered in 1-4 days worldwide.

button.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread