Status
Not open for further replies.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I'm a throat hit junkie myself and haven't had any problems at all with the Spheroid.
I usually vape 100% VG or high VG and the only time I didn't get enough TH is when I switched from 18 down to 12mg nic...so now I'm back up to 18mg and don't really care to go lower.
I will say I've yet to see claims of "you can cut your nic in level in half" hold true for me on anything.
If your getting TH off the same juice in other attys then man I'm stumped. I use nothing but Spheroids and love them so as a fellow TH junkie I don't know what to tell ha. Hopefully Perseas can figure it out :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi, happy thanksgiving every one.

Right so i bought a spheroid v3 was lucky to get one!
Such a amazing device ihave to say!

I just don't get it, I've tried so many variations, i just am not getting any throat hit!
1ohm 32mm kanthal around 2mm needle.
12mg liquid. With cotton.

Getting tons of flavour and smoke. But no throat hit! I don't want to increase the nicotine mg.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? On the website it says to cut down your nicotine mg.

Hello buddy :)

Between the posts there is an air hole and its internal diameter has to be around 1,2-1,3 mm. Can you check yours please?

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Hello buddy :)

Between the posts there is an air hole and its internal diameter has to be around 1,2-1,3 mm. Can you check yours please?

I will measure and let you know thank you.

Also anyone recommend a good setup for excellent throat hit i could try?
Have a mech mod and Vaporshark. So either would do.

Thanks

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Also what is the best amount of fluff to use? The fluff i got with the gp it self. I bought extra.

I am using 4.5cm x 2cm.
But seem to have to refill a lot ore often. Think my wick is wrong.

Anybody else spheroid get hot aswell after a few vapes?

Thanks

For the fluff, take a look below:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ps-tricks-updates-thread-12.html#post13541319

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tips-tricks-updates-thread-4.html#post9931299

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ips-tricks-updates-thread-5.html#post10506024

And a lot of pictorials with all kinds of builds:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...notifications-tips-tricks-updates-thread.html

The Spheroid is a little 16 mm atty with little room for heat dissipation, so it is considered normal to become relatively hot. Check for possible hot spots and keep the interior of the base clean to have a good airflow.

Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Well thought I'd rebuild with some pics.

That hole perseas is exact 1mm.

I used .32mm wire 6 wraps around 2mm with cotton. Gives .9ohms.
It's a fresh build so will keep you guys updated.

On another note as i have to put ejuice in with a syringe. Any one got a cool travel style syringe?
I got a innokin metal juice carry things but the needle isn't long enough.
Need a travel handy style one

Attachments

• IMG_20141130_140301.jpg
    IMG_20141130_140301.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20141130_140436.jpg
    IMG_20141130_140436.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20141130_135452.jpg
    IMG_20141130_135452.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20141130_135949.jpg
    IMG_20141130_135949.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 36

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Well thought I'd rebuild with some pics.

That hole perseas is exact 1mm.

I used .32mm wire 6 wraps around 2mm with cotton. Gives .9ohms.
It's a fresh build so will keep you guys updated.

On another note as i have to put ejuice in with a syringe. Any one got a cool travel style syringe?
I got a innokin metal juice carry things but the needle isn't long enough.
Need a travel handy style one

Your build seems fine to me. Weird!
If your hole is just 1 mm, the throat hit has to be strong, I suspect your caliber has 0,02 mm tolerance. Check please with another liquid.

I fill mine with a plastic bottle, the common one with the pointed nozzle, slowly till the surface of the fluff becomes saturated.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Your build seems fine to me. Weird!
If your hole is just 1 mm, the throat hit has to be strong, I suspect your caliber has 0,02 mm tolerance. Check please with another liquid.

I fill mine with a plastic bottle, the common one with the pointed nozzle, slowly till the surface of the fluff becomes saturated.

Hi,

Thank you, it's much improved :) and some TH too!

Thanks

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Since I will be running the spheroid on the Piccolo, I need to keep my coil above 1 ohm correct? Those tiny 14500 batteries are only 9 amps. I want to build it this morning.

Hi Ks,

1.2 to 1.5 should work great for you.

The 14500's are small so I would suggest keeping 2 or 3 spares with you depending on how long you plan on being out. If I remember correctly, I recall Perseas saying he keeps 8 spares?

Have Fun Ks! We are always here!

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

Newfdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2013
Portland, Maine USA
Thank you.I ordered #2 yesterday with the lux kit and an extra kit for the one I have.:) Is there a place I can learn how to change my current one out when the kit arrives?
This was a post from Yankee on another thread, gives great detail on how to breakdown the new piccolo. Just replace the lux parts for the old parts and reassemble.

Anyone who knows me knows I will tear down any new mod or atty I receive. I get to intimately learn about it and give it a good deep cleaning while I'm at it. So below are the photos from my journey this evening.

Perseas has outdone himself in this design. Every fine detail is covered and this is something that you see clearly when you view the mod and atty at each individual level. The button holding the battery snug but providing the travel and path inSide the button assembly is fantastic. I love how so many areas are actually push inserted. For example, to break down the button you grab and give it an ever so gentle angled twist to start to removal of the delrin. The negative "plate" pushes out. Again. Minimal threading in the design. But once you get past that you have the normal directional threaded screw with reverse button assembly and removing the screw exposes the spring. The 1/4 turn lock is exactly that. A slight flick. And the throw is perfect as it doesn't require a strong move.

The cap has the gpin. And again its a push design. I wondered how it would be handled with a 16mm area, the threading, and the gp fork. Not here. A gentle press with a soft qtip from. The top of the cap removes the gpin assembly.

I love straight lines. And the Piccolo v4 has that in spades. The finish is spot on and the look is so classy. The performance? Wow! I setup the spheroid and the Piccoloid SLAMS.

Team GP hit this out of the park.

In the photo at the top is the button all broken down. From right to left until you hit the screw its push and pull. No threads.

Middle picture is the cap and the "tool" I used to remove the gpin assembly.

And finally I believe the last needs no explanation. :)

Perseas and Team GP.... BRAVO!

db0b9c866946bb0c40e007d79f9585f9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread