Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I use a 30g with a 6/5 wrap for a 1.2ohm. Jojo uses a 7 wrap for 1.5ohm. Sounds like you will want somewhere between jojo's 7 and chads (and consensus) 9 wrap for your target.

Bingo.
7 wrap on 1/16 30ga on Darkzero jig
lcpAaZ4.jpg

wSOrry4.jpg

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
I'm considering a Spheroid as my next atty and have a specific question in respect of their ability to 'interface' with a Provari - in respect of airflow. Since the Provari doesn't have air flow channels cut in the outer top section of the top cap, and the Spheroid airflow is through the 510 fitting, when the Spheroid is fully screwed into a Provari is the air flow inhibited or cut off?

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
I'm considering a Spheroid as my next atty and have a specific question in respect of their ability to 'interface' with a Provari - in respect of airflow. Since the Provari doesn't have air flow channels cut in the outer top section of the top cap, and the Spheroid airflow is through the 510 fitting, when the Spheroid is fully screwed into a Provari is the air flow inhibited or cut off?

Not at all. Works great.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada

I have about a 1mm gap on mine when screwed down all the way.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Posted this once on the closed thread.
This was a hammered Spheroid I picked up in the classifieds. I've not seen one in this condition, even the guts were a bit tangled. It looked like it was tied to the back of a car and dragged down an asphalt street. With the PnB tool I rescued it and returned it to all it's glory.
pm0f30P.jpg

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Anybody had a problem with the Spheroid not making connection to a provari or any other fixed 510 pin device? My recently started to have an issue where it won't register unless on a mech device with an adjustable center pin - it won't show up on a Provari, Hana Mod, or ohm reader). I have replaced the peek parts and upgraded to a V3 and still won't work unless on a mech. My other Spheroid doesn't have this problem but is a much newer serial number (3205 versus 306).

Should I order a replaced 510 pin for it? I am also wondering if it could be the base....

Suggestions as I do want to order some GVC :vapor:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Anybody had a problem with the Spheroid not making connection to a provari or any other fixed 510 pin device? My recently started to have an issue where it won't register unless on a mech device with an adjustable center pin - it won't show up on a Provari, Hana Mod, or ohm reader). I have replaced the peek parts and upgraded to a V3 and still won't work unless on a mech. My other Spheroid doesn't have this problem but is a much newer serial number (3205 versus 306).

Should I order a replaced 510 pin for it? I am also wondering if it could be the base....

Suggestions as I do want to order some GVC :vapor:

I think you should order a new 510 pin.

perhol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Bagsværd, Copenhagen, Denmark
Thank you for the offer but I always like spares :). I have a couple of kits for spare equipment so figure it can't hurt to stock up in the event I ever need one.

It's actually quite rare to need parts for Vapourart's mods and atomizers, except for any upgrade part of course :)

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk

Newfdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2013
Portland, Maine USA
I am trying to convince him for the same reason as well :)

I'm much like that too, if I was to buy a spare part, and especially if its reasonably priced, I'd buy 2 or 3.. Piece of mind and if I don't use it, maybe I could help somebody else out if they washed theirs down the drain or something :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Spheroid: Time to Rebuild
A Pictorial on Twin SBS Microcoil with S'n'C Yarn

Coils Prepared and pre-Joined

Coils Mounted on deck

Wires Trimmed and Resistance Checked

Coils Test Fired

Preparation S'n'C Yarn

NOTE: One strand from the yarn is removed for easy wicking. Else, it'd smother the wick and there's be dry-hits. Also, S'nC yarn needs pre-boiling for 20 minutes or more, to remove some of its cottony taste. Details of the procedure is >HERE<

Yarn Inserted and Size of the Wick Loop

Wick Juiced up and Tank filled

Assembling the Tank

Build Test Fired

How do I look?

---------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION: This being a sub-Ohm build it is NOT Recommended to be used with the Piccolo or any 16mm mod. 14xxx series batteries cannot take the load of continuos excessive discharge. Pls note that I'm firing it with a Paps-X in 18650 mode, which has a 30A Sony battery inside.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
I need to stop looking at your coils Qorax. They make me jealous. I think I'm going to have to try and make a coil jig in work tonight. I figured out a design in my head that should help me make better coils for those tiny wires on tiny bases. Sometimes working in a CNC shop pays off! It also comes in handy for refinishing.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Q, excellent pictorial and reference material as always :D

What's the regulated mod you are using there? looks like a ProVari with those tear drops on the cap, but ProVari does not do builds below 1.3 Ohms (I think).

Thanks brother.
I was using my Provari to check the resistance. P'vari can be perfectly used till 1Ω. and it measures resistance till 0.8Ω.

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
Q, excellent pictorial and reference material as always :D

What's the regulated mod you are using there? looks like a ProVari with those tear drops on the cap, but ProVari does not do builds below 1.3 Ohms (I think).
Yep, it's a Provari. I'm running a .9 on mine right now. I forget where it errors out at, but that definitely runs for me. Also, it will read the resistance even when it won't fire it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread