GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
I am not a tobacco vaper, however I tried some Smoked Custard by Nick's Blissful Brews recently. I wasn't aware it was a tobacco base when I ordered it, but it's bloody lovely. Not sure about an all day for me, but it's worth a try.
I was looking @ that one earlier today, ended up ordering some mothers milk instead. Did you get it from giant vapes?

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
That's some clear juice. My wicks last a day or two with some of the juice I vape. One of my ADVs is dark brown.

It is organic/natural Lemon Cream from Ahlusion and I have been on a Lemon Cream and GVC high for a week now(not mixed). It is the cleanest besides the Lime Cream.

I have rested my NET baccos all day yesterday and today.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
If I see one more nitwit recommend cotton in a genny in my local FB group I might just scream...

serious? :eek:mg:. I borderline get tired of talking about it as a silica option and being the BEST! It is just an option folks.
I am still a eko fan in silica based attys.
There was a time on the Zen thread that if Nextel or ceramics were mentioned I was going to start tracking routers. It was relentless for a week...every page. But, I guess anything to make a Zenesis vape better! :laugh:

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My first rebuildable atomizer experience was a Genesis style atty. A Z atty U to be specific. It took me 2 months, too much $ spent on different types of mesh, and hair pulling frustration to perfect my method of setting it up to my liking and preferences. Shortly thereafter I bought a DID, and i instantly realized the importance of the specific feature set of any given atomizer. I had my aha moment with genny's as so many can attest to.

I was hooked. I loved the vape, I loved the ability to tweak my setup to compliment different juices, I loved the leak free setup I had perfected on the DID, and most of all I loved the tinker aspect. Gone were my carto tank days and I was officially a GenHead. My trusty P+350 and DID were it for me, the holy grail of vaping if you will.

Then came the night of a local vape meet in Tacoma. This particular vape meet was held in a new venue from previous meets hosted by this particular B&M. The old venue was too small for the 150+ people that showed up at the previous event. The new venue had a large conference room aside from the main banquet hall that was to be used to host a round table style rebuildable atty Q&A session. I was asked to be one of the "experts" to field questions and demonstrate my methods. I was hesitant at first, but agreed with the promise that I could bow out if I felt the need to go socialize and partake in the main portion of the meet.

It was in that fateful room that I was introduced to the GP Spheroid and Piccolo combo first hand. Of course as the forum dweller that I am, I knew of their existence and reputation. But it was a silica atty and a 14500 mod, both inferior to the bad ... setups I was rocking. They belonged to a good friend of mine, and she was having issues with the button on the Piccolo. By this time in the evening I was a fairly intoxicated from the overpriced and under poured bar at the event (no worries as I had booked a hotel room a block from the even with the plans of drinking too much).

I tried to fix the switch for her, but I wasn't familiar with the Piccolo, and I was in no condition to troubleshoot. I offered to take it home with me and futz with it the next day when I could be of sound mind, and I had the resources of the various forums at my fingertips. I quickly identified the problem and resolved it. But before I sent the Piccolo/Spheroid combo back to her, I just had to have a vape. I mean it was a setup I wasn't familiar with I may as will give it a go.

I was floored. The juice that was loaded up was not to my liking, but I could just tell the level of flavor that that little setup delivered. Could it be possible that a slim sleek setup comprised of a silica atty and 14500 mod could really be that good? I didn't believe it, and chalked it up to my hungover brain playing tricks on me. I packed that little guy up and put it in the mail back to it's rightful owner.

Fast forward 6 or 8 months... I was chatting with a good vaper friend of mine and she was telling me about how she loved her Spheroid. She too was a genny user, and I was put back a bit that she could like a silica atty so much. It was at that point that I know I had to give the Spheroid a proper go. I had since found kayfuns and RDAs, and realized how good a silica based atty could be, so I waited for them to come into stock and ordered my first spheroid. It took me about 2 weeks to figure out the right amount of fluff to use, and the right type of coil/wick setup for me. The rest is history, as now it is one of my go to atties that will never fail me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to share this story with all who venture into this thread so hopefully someone will take something from the lessons I learned: 1) There is no holy grail vaping device. Each setup is good or bad based on the preferences and skill set of the user, and there will likely always be something better out there or soon to come. 2) Stereotypes should be ignored in this industry. Just like hyped up juice can be horrible, incredible or anywhere in between, so can any given atomizer or vaping device.

P.S. That same friend turned me on to the Paps V2.5, and I will be forever grateful to her...

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Using a once popular high end line of mechanicals with thousands invested, I learned more about genesis style vaping very quickly. The mods were in constant repair it seemed, even before using sometimes, the mesh and coil setups had to be perfect. Not only did I fast track on repair, better conductivity, batteries, setups, mesh oxidation, volts, coiling etc., I learned how to set up a perfect mesh wick at any ohm desired. Mesh setups are art and a pleasure to vape.
About the same time Perseas said, Allo ECF, I bought a used PAPS and the rest is history.
Sold that other crap finally got my hands on a Doodlebug or 2 and will not let go of mesh.

Fanboy does not hurt me. We are all fans of something. I F love GP and P for that matter.
I do own a few other mods and often order the latest.
In fact, I have a Super T Ti on the way with Strata. Looking much forward to it. Won't replace my GP but, gonna be fun!
But, I am and always will be faithful to GP and spreading the word.
Without GP, I wouldn't be a part of some of the best people I know, the GP Family.
Anyone know a better builder, better service, better thread, better people, or a better Funkmaster P? Anyone?
I have also made a few very close friends vaping GP not to mention Perseas.

Yep, fine with Fanboy.

My D wanted me to add, she thinks the world of Perseas and he knows she loves him.

Last edited:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Well, I just got my Igo-W. I wonder how many days I will stare at it before getting up the nerve to try building a coil for it? I guess, since I have zero building knowledge that I ought to go right to a micro-coil and cotton? I happened to get a coil jig, and have 28. 30, and 32 gauge wire to pick from. I have an Ohm meter too. For fear of hurting my ProVari, I'd try it first on my itaste VV.

If I am shooting for a coil that ohms out around 1.4 to 2.0, any thoughts for which gauge I should start practicing on (keep it simple please)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread