Has anyone had ego/tornado battery problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the eGo from JantyUSA. I'm not sure what the battery or charger warranty is, but I do have a ticket in with them. I' m certainly hoping the charger is the problem, since they are quite a bit cheaper than the batteries. On positive note, though, I could live with buying a couple of batteries a month since I'm not spending $150 to $200 dollars a month on tobacco. As far as the button sticking, it very well could be crud or even old tobacco flakes jamming it up as I just carry in my jacket pocket. I'll try the compressed air squirt periodically and see how that goes.

I apologize for totally hijacking this thread.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I bought the eGo from JantyUSA. I'm not sure what the battery or charger warranty is, but I do have a ticket in with them. I' m certainly hoping the charger is the problem, since they are quite a bit cheaper than the batteries. On positive note, though, I could live with buying a couple of batteries a month since I'm not spending $150 to $200 dollars a month on tobacco. As far as the button sticking, it very well could be crud or even old tobacco flakes jamming it up as I just carry in my jacket pocket. I'll try the compressed air squirt periodically and see how that goes.

I apologize for totally hijacking this thread.

Wow, you just made me think of something! When I charge my batteries, I have them in one of those surge protector power strips, on the floor... next to my desk/table...

Near the fireplace, which has been getting a whole lot of use lately, and dogs...

I could be exposing the battery button to dust, dirt, ash, dog hair...

I think I'll move the strip to the desk or table top, just for good measure.

Thanks!! (and ditto - apologize for hijacking the thread :) )

wgm

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
SW Florida
I've had my Tornado for 2-1/2 weeks and so far so good. No button sticking and they last a long, long time. I consider myself a heavy vaper. I use a combination of the Tornado and a couple different conventional 510's throughout the day (sometimes a 901 too). I sometimes get into the third day before a Tornado battery finally craps out. At minimum I get well into the second day with the Tornado. These things are great!

Usual disclaimer... YMMV,
Will

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
One of my two batteries arrived DOA. The onboard LED does not respond when the battery is attached to the charger. Meanwhile, the charger's LED indicates it is charging ... forever. The battery shows no sign of having a charge even after a full day on the charger. I've been in contact with the vendor, and they've made me a "make it good" offer, which I haven't yet followed up on. But, I will.

In the meantime, I'm getting in excess of a two full day's vaping off of the good battery. But, I don't use it alone. I'm pretty sure that if it were my only PV in use it would last at least a day, and then charge it at night.

These things happen. And, when informed of the problem the vendor responded. That's good enough for me.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
My current situation on the EGO BATTS,,,,

Light on Batt doesnt come on when put into charger, light starts to blink, put into charger, light turns green on charger after say 2 minutes, should be charged but not in two minutes, try it, no luck keep in charger for 2 hours, try it, no luck after two vapes. Went to Jantyusa.com, filled out a ticket, Ethan responded almost imeadiately or with in a very short time, said he would take care of me know problem, first he has heard of this, sent all 5 Batts from my five pack back to him today. Ethan says I should have my 5 new batts back with in 5-7 days. Bottom line I feel as a business man, Excellent customer service hear with this company,, Ethan seems to be on his game and will take care of his customers if there is a legitamate problem and handled me with the up most respect, and I TRUST HIM..!!!!

I will post as soon as I get my package back though, and see just what he does, also will see if they though anything extra in for my inconvienance and having to pay the $5
bucs for shipping. My feeling is he will take care of me and make me a life customer of Janty and if he does I will spread the word, if he doesnt I will spread the word, this is why suppliers should be here on ECF and this is why we all should buy and purchase from approved ECF Suppliers.

MWA102464

tmspyder

Feb 9, 2010
Colorado
I had one of my 2 eGO batteries die withing 2 weeks of receiving them. I ordered from Janty so all seems well with replacement.. Took 3 days to get a response from the ticket i sent in but was told to ship it back and they would ship out as soon as they had the tracking via email from me.

On the plus side i have several alternate PV's and the other battery to use for now :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hey everyone I need to say something here in this thread,,,,,,

All batteries made can have some issues, even your car battery and thats a good way to describe this, or if you remember making them in science class in Jr high school science class. Some batteries just dont turn out and run the exact same as another one made the same way especially if you produced say 500,000 of them, there would be ones that where faulty. I dont know Ethan over at Janty or for that matter anyone at Janty so im not writting this for them. I believe this company has excellent service and is especially for real, Janty is the only company that puts a 6 month warranty on there Atty's know one I REPEAT NO ONE DOES THAT.!!! I am more than sure that there Batteries are very good and one of the longest lasting batteries on the market for there size, and to be honest mine really ran great when they did, better that any battery I have purchased yet for these specs. I am also sure that if anyone got a faulty battery this company with there warranties that are in place on there Atty's will replace anyones Battery who has a legitamate problem, so dont not try this company or there batteries because of say 500 Batteries out of 500,000 that went bad, IT HAPPENS, remember they are a leader here in the e-cig world on products and coming out with some very interesting things to say the least...!!! I hope this helps

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
i'm looking to buy another pv and had a tornado on my shortlist. now i'm having 2nd thoughts after reading this thread.........
Why? I'm one of the people who received a defective battery. The vendor is making good on it. Any product can have manufacturing defects. Now, if the seller did not stand by their product, that would be reason for concern. But, they do. And surely the odds are against your being the recipient of a bad one.

wenchy69

Moved On
Feb 15, 2010
australia
Why? I'm one of the people who received a defective battery. The vendor is making good on it. Any product can have manufacturing defects. Now, if the seller did not stand by their product, that would be reason for concern. But, they do. And surely the odds are against your being the recipient of a bad one.

because i am still very new to this. not all that educated with it all just yet. i live in oz, which makes for extremely expensive shipping costs, not to mention waiting time. if something is wrong, i have to pay to ship it back and wait for ages.
i am using this forum to learn all i can and make informed decisions/choices.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
because i am still very new to this. not all that educated with it all just yet. i live in oz, which makes for extremely expensive shipping costs, not to mention waiting time. if something is wrong, i have to pay to ship it back and wait for ages.
i am using this forum to learn all i can and make informed decisions/choices.

Honestly, the odds are in your favor to get good batteries. They sell so many that vendors can't keep them in stock for very long. The good ones outweight the bad by a longshot. Even if you get one bad battery, the long life of the other one (with the quick charger) will get you through until your replacemnt arrives. If you already have a 510, you'll have spare batteries as well.

Even with said problems, I highly recommend a TorneGO. You run the risk of faulty batteries with any PV purchase.

OMB

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Western NC
Wenchy69-
I'd be willing to bet money (or my Tornado) that the vast majority of eGo/Tornado owners are VERY satisfied with their purchases. I have had mine for 2 weeks...I LOVE IT!! No bat or atty problems (well, flooded attys...lol...my own fault). My bats run between 6-8 hrs depending on my activities throughout the day. Attys have been no problem, either. Great vapor, too!
I know that trying to decide where to spend on your first purchase can be very confusing/stressful. If you don't already have one, get a 510 as your 1st e-cig. When you realize how much you like it, you'll find your batteries don't last long. THEN buy an eGo/Tornado battery from Janty or TW. That 1 battery will convince you to buy more...really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread