The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The HHV Army' started by Bronze, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Didn't know they made Orange Creamsicle. I'm really oblivious to non-toabccos.

2. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

I didn't know either :blink:

Whodathunk I would ever be that way?

3. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Wanna bet?

4. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I totally agree with you about Jackson , had he been at Gettysburg the outcome would have been totally different . I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that I suspect Lee of throwing the fight , Pickett's charge was obvious suicide and not in keeping with the tactics previously used , something was rotten in Denmark or Pennsylvania in this case .

5. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Well, if you're thinking like me, remember that my sample size is 50ml. ;)

6. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    You got that right! :D

7. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    I think Lee had come to believe his Army was invincible. Remember, he had just crushed McClellan, Pope, Burnside, and Hooker in detail. They all had military resumes that were much better than Meades. Lee became convinced that the Army of the Potomac was about to break, and one well coordinated push would win the field. Longstreet begged him not to do it. To Longstreet, it was simple mathematics...the distance was too great over open fields for the charge to work.

I don't think Lee did it on purpose, he just failed to realize what the loss of Jackson had done to the Army of Northern Virginia. He had that dawdling, eccentric fool Ewell running the Second Corps. No man could have filled Jackson's shoes, but Ewell was perhaps the worst choice possible. Lee, by the third day of battle, knew Ewell could not be the point of attack. Instead, Lee had his defensive genius engineer an attack, since Longstreet was the best man Lee still had at his disposal. Technically, given Longstreet's options, the charge may have been the best he could do. Longstreet wanted to maneuver and work a flanking movement to his right, but was ordered into the doomed direct assault.

A fascinating set of circumstances let the battle to its conclusion, starting with JEB Stuart going AWOL for days, which is the only reason the armies stumbled upon each other in the town to begin with.

8. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va

Oops, sorry, my hand slipped.

9. Chakris

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I was pretty surprised by it myself, Bimini. She rather reminds me of an older cousin of mine who was not too much younger than Prudence.

Like I said, I'm doing it all wrong and one wouldn't really call it T.M. It's simply controlled breathing, relaxing and turning off all the little voices in your head so you can go to sleep.

Right on! Spirit of '76 :toast: Bi-centenial grads!!!

10. Chakris

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Night Army, S.I.L. is leaving in the morning, probably before I go to work. Guess who has to carry the bags downstairs. :blink:

11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Uh, your SIL? :)

12. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

We will never know what Lee was actually thinking , but the direct assault over open ground in the face of artillery reads as suicidal to me , it just seems strange that a man of Lee's experience and background would make that decision , but perhaps religious convictions drove him as much as they drove Jackson .But I definitely agree about Ewell , Jackson would have taken the high ground , I want to visit Gettysburg someday just for the perspective .

13. Robino1

Not happening. More like 10 or 15 ml

Sister in law

14. Robino1

Ok, just tried Serendipity again after a VERY, VERY long steep. If you can remember back that far, I had said how it tasted like burnt popcorn. So I load up with Serendipity and uh popcorn,faint Burnt popcorn. It's hard to get that taste out of my mouth. I can still phantom taste it. Ugh!

I'm thinking that I got something other than Serendipity. Wasn't Mocha Java, something, the one that people got that burnt popcorn taste? I'm ready to toss this almost full 15ml bottle of Dipity.....

15. Robino1

Maybe I should send it to RJ and let her see if it is indeed Dippity.

:oops: can't do that. It's 70/30. I forgot myself for a minute.

16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I knew what SIL was. Just giving him a stupid answer. :)

17. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    You got Serendipity. I had an even worse descriptor for it that burnt popcorn. :)

18. 76bridget

76bridget Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    OK, USA
    there is already better equipment than a dang vivi!:laugh:

can't believe Bronze didn't hop on that one..

19. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I don't see any reason to publicly air out dirty laundry, but I will give you a response before moving along. There was no disagreement. You were a .... & I wasn't the only one who thought so - even a mod commented on it. I made a harmless joke, you responded with a personal attack. I never saw anything that even closely resembled an apology & I left that section of the forums for more reasons that just that. I had no interest in digging this all back up, nor socializing in your vicinity.

20. Robino1

After I posted that, I just knew someone was going to jump on it! :laugh:
    I meant an even better plug-n-play. No coil making, head rebuilding. I guess what I'm using is about the best in that category. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.